HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Mitchell - Fractured Hand (4-6 Weeks) & Ponikarovsky - Broken Finger (4 Weeks)

Old
11-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Orenji

vCash: 500
Not great news, but I wanna see how this team pulls through. This week we have only two games at home, so hopefully we can protect our house and take down the Stars/Islanders.

Both players were playing great, but I think Richardson will be a good replacement on the 3rd line. He's fast, works hard, and can cycle well.

Muzzin will probably be getting the call-up again and be looking to make an impact.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
So basically the Kings will be playing for a month+ with last year's team completed by some rookies.

Let's see who's going to step up to fill the void left by the 2 veterans.
It's going to be interesting, no need whatsoever to push any panic button IMO.
I agree. There is no need to panic. But, I'm sure our PK won't be the same. Hopefully that means our PP will be better.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Parse-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Richardson-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Schenn-Westgarth/Lewis
Ex: Lewis/Callup(Lokti?)

Drewiske-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Muzzin-Greene
Ex: Harrold

Obviously losing Poni and Mitchell for a month hurts, but we have someone like Richardson, who will be good in that 3rd line LW spot for the time being, and Muzzin has played good as we've seen. I'm not worried.

All is well.
I think you need a more competent shutdown guy to really let Doughty flourish. Not saying that I think Doughty sucks in his own zone, but I'd rather see Scuds there with Doughty so Doughty feels more comfortable to do what he has to to score, instead of having to hold back being paired with DD44. I see the offense turning out to be the way you have it but we might see someone else called up instead of Lokti. Will be interesting to see how everything shakes out now.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:48 PM
ShattStar03

I think what hurts the Kings most is the fact that we lost that veteran's presence on the D.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
The Kings PK will plummet over the next month. Let's hope that it doesn't cost us too many games.

I would go with:
Top 6 the same
Richardon-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Schenn-Lewis/Westgarth

Doughty-Greene
Scuderi-Johnson
Drewiske-Muzzin

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:53 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
This is a chance for the kids to step up and shine. I say good luck.
... Pretty much agree with this 100%. Everyone wonders what these prospects bring to the table, right? Well, now we have the chance to see.

I'd rather have the injuries now than later, as if we have a choice in the matter. If the Kings are healthy going into the postseason, that's all that matters.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The Kings PK will plummet over the next month. Let's hope that it doesn't cost us too many games.

I would go with:
Top 6 the same

Doughty-Greene
Scuderi-Johnson
Drewiske-Muzzin
I don't think our PK will do so bad without them. It's not like we only used 8 guys total on the PK. It seemed like they rotated almost the whole team on the PK.

Kopitar, Brown, Stoll, Handzus, Richardson, Williams. And on Defense Doughty, Scuderi, Greene, and Drewiske.

I've seen all of these guys on the PK at some point this season.

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:

I would go with:
Top 6 the same

Doughty-Greene
Scuderi-Johnson
Drewiske-Muzzin
Still feel that you gotta swap Greene and Scuds just based on the fact that DD and Greener are both righties. We only have two. I'd split them up. Just a quirk of mine. Aside from that, dead on again.

Old
11-08-2010, 05:57 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
I don't think our PK will do so bad without them. It's not like we only used 8 guys total on the PK. It seemed like they rotated almost the whole team on the PK.

Kopitar, Brown, Stoll, Handzus, Richardson, Williams. And on Defense Doughty, Scuderi, Greene, and Drewiske.

I've seen all of these guys on the PK at some point this season.
Poni is a GREAT PKer. And being able to have Scuds and Willie on the first unit PK is just lethal. Mitchell>DD44 by FAR!

Old
11-08-2010, 05:59 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

We'll survive. Every team has injury problems at some point. Kings aren't special in that regard.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Still feel that you gotta swap Greene and Scuds just based on the fact that DD and Greener are both righties. We only have two. I'd split them up. Just a quirk of mine. Aside from that, dead on again.
Yeah, I forgot that Greene was the other righty on the team. Muzzin with Doughty?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:18 PM
SLang

Sucks, but this is the adversity everyone speaks of.....looking forward to seeing how they deal with it.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:22 PM
no name

Let's see who steps it up and becomes the man. This is a great opportunity for the young guys.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:31 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Poni is a GREAT PKer. And being able to have Scuds and Willie on the first unit PK is just lethal. Mitchell>DD44 by FAR!
Well yea. But I think having Doughty, Greene, Scuds and Wiske will suffice. Along with some combination of Kopi, Handzus, Simmonds, Brown, Stoll, Richardson and Smyth.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:

Doughty/Scuderi?
JMFJ/Greene
Muzzin/Drewiske

Q/B

I would be weary of breaking up JJ and Scuds.... Jack has been playing very well as of late. Well Quicker better get ready to face a few more shots.

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:

I would go with:
Top 6 the same

Doughty-Greene
Scuderi-Johnson
Drewiske-Muzzin
I agree with your lines and pairings. Though I think Harrold gets first crack at ice time over Muzzin, though he will be recalled. I do think Whiskey has an outside chance of getting the extra ice time. More likely though, JJ-Scuds becomes the top pairing.

And spot on about the PK, those were two huge pieces we just lost for the special teams.

Luckily the offense is no worse for wear.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Major bummer. Really don't want to see Harrold out of the press box but I suppose it is bound to pass. Our PK is going to suffer.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:15 PM
wicker

Wow, that sucks big time. Especially since we have a slew of games coming up. The PK is going to take a hit, definitely, and the most logical choice for a Mitchell replacement would be Muzzin, I think.

We've only gotten one taste of this team playing fully healthy, and that was against the Lightning. Damn.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:01 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
Wow, that sucks big time. Especially since we have a slew of games coming up. The PK is going to take a hit, definitely, and the most logical choice for a Mitchell replacement would be Muzzin, I think.

We've only gotten one taste of this team playing fully healthy, and that was against the Lightning. Damn.
Yeah, this sucks. But now this is the perfect opportunity for Muzzin, Schenn and Clifford to step up.

I really hope that Schenn gets slotted next to Handzus and Simmonds. But I could see Clifford fitting in their also.

Like I said I would love to Schenn their. But I think that Schenn has more talent and higher ceiling and doesn't need to have Handzus and Simmonds push his game. I think while he still needs a push, he will be one player that could find his groove on his own. Clifford in my opinion needs a bigger push for his development.

Cant go wrong with either of them in that spot.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Well this SUCKS

At least we have the depth. Schenn third line, fourth of Richardson-Lewis-Clifford/Westy probably(where Parse and Richardson can change.) And Muzzin back in for Mitchell. At least we have Drew back

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Going by what Terry Murray has done before, he'll most likely put Richardson in as the 3rd line LW, utilize Schenn to anchor the 4th line pivot w/ Clifford on the LW 4th, and rotate Lewis/Westgarth on the RW 4th. Though I could also see him using Lewis as the center, keeping Westgarth on the RW most games, and rotating Schenn and Clifford on the LW.

Muzzin will most likely get recalled, but I can see Harrold getting the nod at least for the Dallas game. The simplest thing is keep Johnson & Scuderi paired, and just bump Greene up alongside Doughty, though as mentioned both being the only righties do you split them up ? I don't know that you do that if it means a.) splitting up JJ & Scuds, or b.) having either DD44, Harrold or Muzzin playing huge minutes as the top pairing alongside Doughty ?

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:44 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

On D I say keep the complete pairings the way they are and after Harrold shows that he can just almost hold his own against Dallas, call up one of the Kids.

For my money I would call up Martinez, he is playing lights out hockey on the farm and even if he isn't in our future plans he deserves a shot if only for showcasing his talents. Give him a few games and then either deal him, keep him up and move Harrold or send him down and bring in Muzzin.

As for up front well here is your chance to earn a spot Mr Clifford. I wouldn't expect him to step in and play at Poni's level just yet but I do expect him to step in a play the role. I am looking forward to seeing him get more ice time and a regular shift.

If not Cliffy and we go with Schenn then this is an excellent opportunity him to cement his spot in the line up. Looks like both of these kids should be with us for the rest of the season.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:03 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I still think there is a good chance that Schenn goes back to Brandon.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Martyros

This is where we'll find out how good our defense REALLY is.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:24 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
I meant right about the Poni injury. And yeah, if you guys can't decipher the Olli/Kopitar thread then clearly I'm dealing with delicate people. Do you guys also wear helmets?
You've been wrong plenty of times here.

This is one of my favorites: http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...8&postcount=39

Last edited by RonSwanson*: 11-08-2010 at 09:32 PM.
RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote