HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MTL puts Dustin Boyd on waivers.(Cleared)

Old
11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
fergiesbeak

vCash: 500
Put Gomez on waivers and pray some one picks him up.

fergiesbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
So what is the point of all this?
1. Shed salary

2. Huge wakeup call for Boyd

Only 2 options I can think of.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:34 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Martin said that he believes some teams have interest in Boyd and he feels at least one of them would pick him up.

c hand 29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Quote:
They did the same thing with Samsonov a few years ago, he kept complaining about the way he was treated by the organization so he was put on waivers and no one claimed him. He realized that not a single team was interested and, I guess, stopped whining. I suppose Boyd asked for a trade and Gauthier eitherwants to accomodate him or wants to show him that there is no interest for a player at that level of play in the NHL. Boyd could be claimed, but players like him are common within the NHL so he should just enjoy the moment.

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
You ARE joking, right?
Ummm... The correct answer is Yes you shouldn't least TRY and win every trade.... A win-win for both teams is also considered a good trade!

How many GMs say "gee, maybe I'll try and lose this one?"

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Ummm... The correct answer is Yes you shouldn't least TRY and win every trade.... A win-win for both teams is also considered a good trade!

Bob Gainey does (Gomez trade)

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
JSBach

Hmm so we didn't really get anything for S. Kos. Whatever, we didn't give much up.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
Hmm so we didn't really get anything for S. Kos. Whatever, we didn't give much up.
It was more about trading for potential than anything. The potential of signing Dan Ellis and the potential that Dustin Boyd would prove himself as an NHL player. I don't think many people should mind though, I mean Akost has done a lot better than he was with his brother here, and that is worth the trade alone.

c hand 29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:43 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
Sorry but there is no way You are Both a Habs AND Leafs fan. Sorry just had to get that out.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

You think Gauthier, or any other GM, doesn't try to win every trade?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:04 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
You think Gauthier, or any other GM, doesn't try to win every trade?
Nope, sometimes preserving your team is more important than winning a trade. I think Gauthier realized that he was getting the least talented players in both the Sergei trade and the Halak trade.

But it was about getting rid of a problem and maximizing value for an excess starting goalie.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:07 PM
NHLfan

Who could pick up Boyd

I see New Jersey Devils signing him due to their lack of players.

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornwallcreeper View Post
Martin said that he believes some teams have interest in Boyd and he feels at least one of them would pick him up.
Yeah give him for free for no reason....

if they know that a team will will claim him they better be working on something like a signing or a trade, if not it's just losing an assets.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Sorry but there is no way You are Both a Habs AND Leafs fan. Sorry just had to get that out.
Sorry man but we've gone through this in countless other threads. Hes cool and legit. Not everyone has the leafs as the only habs rivals.

Back on the subject, I'm a little surprised by this move but its true we have countless players like him. That being said I wish we had picked up a proper first or second line winger (Frolov ), maybe we dont have much flex cap wise but this is what I was afraid of. Maybe PG has something up his sleave.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Ahaha i thought the same thing when i saw his avatar and his name

Old
11-08-2010, 08:27 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post

if they know that a team will will claim him they better be working on something like a signing or a trade, if not it's just losing an assets.
I don't think Boyd is an asset, judging by the fact he's -6 in 9 games, I would say he's more of a liability

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
TankEller*

You put Boyd on waivers, but still play Lapierre on the top-6, even though he's been as much of a non-factor as Boyd.

I honestly think Martin is losing it. And it's getting pretty obvious his GM didn't give him enough to work with.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:36 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Y'know how they invented the plus minus and power rankings etc?

We need a new one that ranks players based on their boringness.
A score of 10=Paul Mara type boring.
A score of 1=Pavel Bure type boring.

So yeah... Moen = 9 Gill - 9 Subban = 2 Spacek = 10 Halpern = 3 ...etc...
Spacek boring? Really. I could see why you would say he was lousy but boring. I bet you the other teams & their fans don't consider him boring.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Turning over the puck is always entertaining.

Old
11-08-2010, 08:40 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post

Maybe he thinks OByrne has higher trade value and he didn't want to send OByrne packing just yet on the waiver wire.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
You put Boyd on waivers, but still play Lapierre on the top-6, even though he's been as much of a non-factor as Boyd.

I honestly think Martin is losing it. And it's getting pretty obvious his GM didn't give him enough to work with.
I think he is on a short leash by ownership and it appears to me at least that he is scrambling to make something work. The Habs are off to a good start this season so I am a bit confused as to why he is trying so many weird line combos. Travis Moen is a plugger that does not belong near any scoring line.....Max lapierre is not the answer either....The guy is playing in Hamilton.......Aaron Palushaj. At least give him a shot. He is fast and has offensive talent, something neither Laps or Moen have.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
We kept Darche over Boyd? Really? This is such a frustrating franchise to support sometimes. Darche hasn't been terrible but he is not ever going to be better than the bare minimum he brings to the team right now. Boyd is young and has potential. IF we needed to send down a player, I would have picked Darche. Ah well...

I wonder what this means for Ryan O'Byrne? Is he the next Hamilton-bound Hab? I really hope not.

On a related note, if the Habs are going to call up a player, I wonder if they'd consider bringing Pacioretty back, despite his recent comments. Give him a chance on the wing, second line, see what happens. He's got good speed and shoots well, big body too. Might be worth a try...
Some analyst you are! Ugh!

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:51 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post

It would've been nice to get another legit top 6 winger but truth is there were a few different options we could've had tried out on the top 2 lines but instead Martin has decided to use plugs like Moen, Pyatt and Lapierre who have no offensive skill.

- Pouliot had like 2 periods on the second line, doubt Gauthier would've expected that experiment to be over so quick
- Eller was given a "shot" in the top 6 a couple games ago but had Moen on his line and as a result Eller was benched and then scratched the next game
- Boyd has produced well offensively in the AHL and in juniors, he has some offensive skills and didn't get one shift in the top 6
- Pacioretty's offensive game took a hit last year when he was stupidly rushed by Martin and as we all know his confidence went down, had he spent a year in Hamilton last year who knows maybe he could've been our second line LW

The way Martin has been juggling the lines is absolutely retarded and Pouliot made a good point 3 weeks ago when he said how its hard to build chemistry when your line changes every game and he mentioned how he'd like to have the same like for 10 games... and ever since he's had a consistent line he's been playing very well. It'd be nice if Martin could make some lines without guys like Pyatt and Moen in the top 6 and leave them for 4 or 5 games so they could actually build chemistry.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:18 PM
JSBach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
Sorry man but we've gone through this in countless other threads. Hes cool and legit. Not everyone has the leafs as the only habs rivals.

Back on the subject, I'm a little surprised by this move but its true we have countless players like him. That being said I wish we had picked up a proper first or second line winger (Frolov ), maybe we dont have much flex cap wise but this is what I was afraid of. Maybe PG has something up his sleave.
Yeah I'm never really a traditionalist when it come to rivalries. My most hated team is the Pens. However, the Bruins are quickly getting on my nerves. Why don't you win more Stanley Cups and then **** talk the Habs and the Leafs?

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Some analyst you are! Ugh!
Wow! Such deep insight! You've shown me the error of my ways with your awesome retort. Such effort, too. I hail you for the hockey mind that you obviously are!

Ugh!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote