HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon & Lombardi (concussions), O'Reilly (leg), & Goc (shoulder) all out

Old
11-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
I dont like it whenever there is a leg injury of some sort. I hope they arent rushing Suter

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I dont like it whenever there is a leg injury of some sort. I hope they arent rushing Suter
Suter did not skate today. He's not being rushed.

Bouillon left practice early because he was not cleared for contact drills today.

Legwand took a "maintanence" day.

Erat did not skate and judging by the new lines at practice today, if Goc is ready for Wednesday, then Erat's likely not going to be, but will know more tomorrow.

Tootoo and Goc did skate, but both did a conditioning drill instead of contact on the first 2 v 2 contact drill. They did participate in the rest of practice though and Goc was practicing faceoffs afterwards with Trotz and Spaling (a good sign for anyone with a shoulder injury).

Lombardi remains totally shutdown and is scheduled to be re-evaluted next Tuesday. He is now listed as out indefinitely (which really isn't a change from being week to week honestly).

Let's see, I just seemed to name half our roster...did I miss anyone?

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 07:33 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Suter, Bouillon, Goc, Erat, Tootoo, Lombardi, Rinne. Seems Leggy is banged up, too. And we're just ten games in.

Had we not stockpiled the depth this year we would be looking at twenty nine teams ahead of us. This is getting ridiculous.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:13 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Suter did not skate today. He's not being rushed.

Bouillon left practice early because he was not cleared for contact drills today.

Legwand took a "maintanence" day.

Erat did not skate and judging by the new lines at practice today, if Goc is ready for Wednesday, then Erat's likely not going to be, but will know more tomorrow.

Tootoo and Goc did skate, but both did a conditioning drill instead of contact on the first 2 v 2 contact drill. They did participate in the rest of practice though and Goc was practicing faceoffs afterwards with Trotz and Spaling (a good sign for anyone with a shoulder injury).

Lombardi remains totally shutdown and is scheduled to be re-evaluted next Tuesday. He is now listed as out indefinitely (which really isn't a change from being week to week honestly).

Let's see, I just seemed to name half our roster...did I miss anyone?
Thanks for all the updates and thanks for all the twitters also.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:06 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Suter, Bouillon, Goc, Erat, Tootoo, Lombardi, Rinne. Seems Leggy is banged up, too. And we're just ten games in.

Had we not stockpiled the depth this year we would be looking at twenty nine teams ahead of us. This is getting ridiculous.
Not to mention Coach H. Cue up the Nancy Kerrigan WHY? WHHHHHHHY?

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Thanks for all the updates and thanks for all the twitters also.
No problem. Always happy to talk Predators hockey!

Old
11-02-2010, 09:27 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Well, at least you know the guys will be well rested towards the end of the year.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:56 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Well, at least you know the guys will be well rested towards the end of the year.
Yes, but at this rate, will we have enough healthy bodies to get us through to a meaningful end-of-year?

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 06:04 AM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 50
Any news on Suter?

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Any news on Suter?
Was re-evaluated Monday. Will likely get update today from practice. Team got back at 3:17 AM Monday morning and were off yesterday.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:36 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Forechecker It does look like Suter & Erat will practice today, a hopeful sign for the Preds. #nhl

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
They wore red non-contact jerseys and left midway through practice when they switched rinks.

It was actually a standard first day back. Will see how they react and progress from there...

Old
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
They wore red non-contact jerseys and left midway through practice when they switched rinks.

It was actually a standard first day back. Will see how they react and progress from there...
Is SK still on the team?
Was he at practice?
Any comments on his scratch?

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:16 PM
PredsChik

Quote:

My hopes aren't up too high but I'm so happy he's back on skates.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Is SK still on the team?
Was he at practice?
Yes, he is still on the team.

Yes, he was at practice and skated on a line with Goc and Tootoo at ES and was skating with PP2 as well.

No. Officially, it is being listed as a coach's decision and that's the end of it. Obviously, he was punished and now we move forward...

Old
11-09-2010, 02:43 PM
predfan98

Quote:

Hooray. If they come back healthy in a week, I'll be ecstatic...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 03:02 PM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Was re-evaluated Monday. Will likely get update today from practice. Team got back at 3:17 AM Monday morning and were off yesterday.
Thanks man! Looking forward to his return. Best of luck to you guys.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 08:32 PM
cleangene

What was the overall mood/tone of the team during practice; was there any additional work to "motivate" these guys or fix a horribly broken PP?????

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
What was the overall mood/tone of the team during practice; was there any additional work to "motivate" these guys or fix a horribly broken PP?????
Wasn't as upbeat as earlier this year, but a much more workmanlike atmosphere with an occasional joke and smile mixed in. Trotz was quick to stop and correct things that went wrong.

By "additional work" I assume you mean a bag skate. No, that was pretty much off the table when they had yesterday off. Lots of work on the basics, trying to establish flow in transition, correcting d-zone breakdowns on entry, etc.

As for the PP, Trotz ran the guys through again the 3 different looks (1-3-1, overload, umbrella) and all four options off of each look. With the ever changing lineup due to injuries, it's been hard to build any chemistry with the units. It takes time and repitition to master, but I don't think you can blame Trotz for the failure of the PP. He's certainly giving them plenty of instruction and multiple options to work within. Unfortunately, he can't go out there and do it himself...

Old
11-09-2010, 09:02 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Wasn't as upbeat as earlier this year, but a much more workmanlike atmosphere with an occasional joke and smile mixed in. Trotz was quick to stop and correct things that went wrong.

By "additional work" I assume you mean a bag skate. No, that was pretty much off the table when they had yesterday off. Lots of work on the basics, trying to establish flow in transition, correcting d-zone breakdowns on entry, etc.

As for the PP, Trotz ran the guys through again the 3 different looks (1-3-1, overload, umbrella) and all four options off of each look. With the ever changing lineup due to injuries, it's been hard to build any chemistry with the units. It takes time and repitition to master, but I don't think you can blame Trotz for the failure of the PP. He's certainly giving them plenty of instruction and multiple options to work within. Unfortunately, he can't go out there and do it himself...
Then who is to blame if it's not the coach? Then it must be the asst coach. How long can you blame injuries when the PP wasn't good last year. What is it going to take for the PP to work? Trotz is a defensive coach so maybe he doesn't have the solution to PP so why not bring another asst coach to infuse some new ideas into the PP. Don't you think it's time?

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:42 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Then who is to blame if it's not the coach?
The GM

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:14 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Is SK still on the team?
Was he at practice?
they traded him to toronto. if you dig deep enough in their forums i am sure you can find it. if you don't see it on the first page, or second or 80th, keep looking. it is there somewhere. lemme know when you find it.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:48 AM
glenngineer

Quote:

Well, the players have been different over the years and it's been a problem for a while now. Do we blame the GM since he's giving Trotz the roster? At some point, someone has to be accountable. Not saying it has to be Trotz and his staff but those have been the only constant, other than the PP sucking. It's time to bring in a new voice, assistant coach, who knows something about a PP. It's killing us. If we can get our PP percentage up to a respectable level and have it consistent, this team would be dangerous, especially when it makes it to the playoffs. It's not that we're outmanned, it's that we're out special teamed. You win at many phases and if one phase isn't working, you're usually going to lose.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:57 AM
token grinder

do any of you think it is the culture we have and the type of players we have. all hard hat hard working guys. on the pk, you see it because our guys all hustle and work hard and you can see what trotz calls the detail in games becasue you don't have to think at all with it, you just react. Same as in 5 v 5. not a whole lot of thinking going on with dump, chase, cycle cycle open man shoot. or carry the puck in, find open man, open man shot, or if it isn't there cyclle cycle cylce. With the PP there is more time to think and I think that is where our pp gets lost.Every team runs the ame 3-4 looks, it is about processing the game quicker rather than reacting. It seems like when we get a pp, the game slows and we can't adjust from going 100 mph to 50 mph and reacting to what the pks are giving us. And that is a between the ears problem for our playmakers-the guys on the halfboards and the dman puck mover. now certainly, suter being injured hurts our pp terribly. we obviosly have point shots in weber and franson and net presence in hornquist. but it is along the boards where the great pp passes come from. this is where I think we need to have wilson developing.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
do any of you think it is the culture we have and the type of players we have. all hard hat hard working guys. on the pk, you see it because our guys all hustle and work hard and you can see what trotz calls the detail in games becasue you don't have to think at all with it, you just react. Same as in 5 v 5. not a whole lot of thinking going on with dump, chase, cycle cycle open man shoot. or carry the puck in, find open man, open man shot, or if it isn't there cyclle cycle cylce. With the PP there is more time to think and I think that is where our pp gets lost.Every team runs the ame 3-4 looks, it is about processing the game quicker rather than reacting. It seems like when we get a pp, the game slows and we can't adjust from going 100 mph to 50 mph and reacting to what the pks are giving us. And that is a between the ears problem for our playmakers-the guys on the halfboards and the dman puck mover. now certainly, suter being injured hurts our pp terribly. we obviosly have point shots in weber and franson and net presence in hornquist. but it is along the boards where the great pp passes come from. this is where I think we need to have wilson developing.
That's exactly where I've said there's a problem the past few years. When we set up and try to use the open space our lack of true offensive talent is exposed...