HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josef Boumedienne

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 07:41 PM
GoPenguins

vCash: 500
Josef Boumedienne

Hi!

I just seelcted D Josef Boumedienne in my Yahoo Fantasy Draft and was wondering what kind of numbers you all feel he is capable of. Is he likely to play big mins or some PP work? Is he a scoring threat?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old
10-04-2003, 08:12 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPenguins
Hi!

I just seelcted D Josef Boumedienne in my Yahoo Fantasy Draft and was wondering what kind of numbers you all feel he is capable of. Is he likely to play big mins or some PP work? Is he a scoring threat?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
If he sticks on the top pairing with Gonchar I could see him geting 20+ points. But Cassidy is moving him around a bit...moving Kwiatkowski with Gonchar at times and Boumendienne with Doig. But it appears he should get the top spot...could be a good pick for offensive numbers with Gonchar needing to focus more on defence.

Old
10-05-2003, 07:23 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincargo
If he sticks on the top pairing with Gonchar I could see him geting 20+ points. But Cassidy is moving him around a bit...moving Kwiatkowski with Gonchar at times and Boumendienne with Doig. But it appears he should get the top spot...could be a good pick for offensive numbers with Gonchar needing to focus more on defence.
the signs coming off of Cassidy are that Boumedienne has failed in his shot. mcphee has been reported to have grabbing the two forwards on waiver draft day so that he could package one or two of these 4th liners, Willsie-Hamel-Pettinger-Henry-Peat, and possibly a 2nd tier prospect or a draft pick for a reliable defenseman.
That tells me that Boumedienne has failed. Berry has never been a Cassidy favorite. Kwiatkowski has been moved up to the Gonchar pair
and I from the number of goals given up recently with 29 on the ice, I don't think that is working out so well. I think McPhee and Cassidy are happy with Gonchar, Witt, Eminger and Doig. After that, its pretty spotty. NO Caps defenseman is going to have a lot offensive numbers other than Gonchar. Gonchar is the only Caps defenseman that will get any power play time to speak of. Gonchar may well be concentrating more on his defense. Thats is because of the lack of quality playing partner and his offensive numbers in preseason might have been better had Jagr been playing as hard as Bondra has been. The idea that the Capitals would actually hold Gonchar back offensively to let Boume be the guy trying to make plays is twisted logic,
though.

Old
10-06-2003, 05:20 AM
Sports Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sports Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
the signs coming off of Cassidy are that Boumedienne has failed in his shot. mcphee has been reported to have grabbing the two forwards on waiver draft day so that he could package one or two of these 4th liners, Willsie-Hamel-Pettinger-Henry-Peat, and possibly a 2nd tier prospect or a draft pick for a reliable defenseman.
That tells me that Boumedienne has failed. Berry has never been a Cassidy favorite. Kwiatkowski has been moved up to the Gonchar pair

Where have you seen this reported? In print? Did Kiwi play with Gonch in Carolina cuz I think Boumer was skating with Gonchar on Friday night. What signs off of Cassidy are you refering to? This is the first I have heard of all this, but I was incommunicado all weekend, so forgive me my ignorance (and all the questions).

Old
10-06-2003, 06:31 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Junkie
Where have you seen this reported? In print? Did Kiwi play with Gonch in Carolina cuz I think Boumer was skating with Gonchar on Friday night. What signs off of Cassidy are you refering to? This is the first I have heard of all this, but I was incommunicado all weekend, so forgive me my ignorance (and all the questions).
You can check the shift chart on nhl.com for the game. Gonchar was paired with Kiwi.

Old
10-06-2003, 07:49 AM
Marshall
The OMalley Sellouts

vCash: 50
Quote:
You can check the shift chart on nhl.com for the game. Gonchar was paired with Kiwi.
Reported in the Post and Times as well, I believe.

Man, what a nightmarish pairing.

Old
10-06-2003, 08:30 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
Reported in the Post and Times as well, I believe.

Man, what a nightmarish pairing.
I am not sure what Cassidy sees in the guy. McPhee cuts him loose. The entire NHL is looking for bargains with a chance to contribute and noone grabbed him. Now Cassidy has him with Gonchar? whew

Old
10-06-2003, 09:30 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
I am not sure what Cassidy sees in the guy. McPhee cuts him loose. The entire NHL is looking for bargains with a chance to contribute and noone grabbed him. Now Cassidy has him with Gonchar? whew
Yeah Cassidy watches with a different set of eyes, he thinks Kiwi and Doig played mistake free hockey last year...

Old
10-06-2003, 10:08 AM
Sports Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sports Junkie
Thanks. Greeaat.

Closed Thread