HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

MTL puts Dustin Boyd on waivers.(Cleared)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2010, 12:09 PM
  #326
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
And what exactly makes Tom Pyatt better than Boyd? Martin must be really impressed by his work ethic because to me, at least Boyd has shown a scoring touch in the past. Pyatt's a waste and hopefully we won't have him beyond this year. His 0's across the board are typical but really weak considering the ice time JM gives him. He's like his new Andreas Dackell, only worse offensively by far.
I just find it absolutely retarded not to give him one shift in the top 6 before waiving him after you've tried Pyatt, Lapierre and Moen who bring absolutely nothing offensively.

We've traded Sergei Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Chipchura, D'Agostini in just over a year with Martin (all have played well with their new clubs aside from Sergei who just went there) and the only young forward on our team who Martin has somewhat developed has been Pyatt who has like 4 points in 50 games. Can't wait to see how many more players we lose because they're not "Jacques Martin type" players.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:09 PM
  #327
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 500
Didn't we actively seek out this player, only to waive him?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:12 PM
  #328
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,935
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
We've traded Sergei Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Chipchura, D'Agostini in just over a year with Martin (all have played well with their new clubs aside from Sergei who just went there) and the only young forward on our team who Martin has somewhat developed has been Pyatt who has like 4 points in 50 games. Can't wait to see how many more players we lose because they're not "Jacques Martin type" players.
I don't think it's totally fair to exclude Pouliot...while he still hasn't established himself as a bonafide top-six guy, Martin's at least gotten more out of him than anybody in Minnesota ever could.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:14 PM
  #329
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,209
vCash: 500
Pyatt>>>>Boyd this season

I was a big proponent of having Boyd play and was annoyed that after the start he got benched, but since he's come back he's been awful. Tom Pyatt, as much as people hate him for being a Martin favourite is not JUST a hardworker, he gets results. Great forechecker, great defensive forward. Crazy fast and not just for the hell of it. I dunno what happened to Boyd. Obviously it's possible to have a couple of bad games, but when your name isn't Cammalleri, Gionta or Gomez, you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:15 PM
  #330
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I just find it absolutely retarded not to give him one shift in the top 6 before waiving him after you've tried Pyatt, Lapierre and Moen who bring absolutely nothing offensively.

We've traded Sergei Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Chipchura, D'Agostini in just over a year with Martin (all have played well with their new clubs aside from Sergei who just went there) and the only young forward on our team who Martin has somewhat developed has been Pyatt who has like 4 points in 50 games. Can't wait to see how many more players we lose because they're not "Jacques Martin type" players.
I think it's because of his being a bit of a defensive liability as opposed to Pyatt who is anything but that.

Seems people here are really quick at blaming JM for everything or at least questioning his every decision but to me the fact that no other NHL team showed interest in itself answers your question.

He may not be a JM type player as you say but apparently he's not any other team's type of player either.

Put Pyatt on waivers and my bet is he gets picked up.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:21 PM
  #331
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I think it's because of his being a bit of a defensive liability as opposed to Pyatt who is anything but that.

Seems people here are really quick at blaming JM for everything or at least questioning his every decision but to me the fact that no other NHL team showed interest in itself answers your question.

He may not be a JM type player as you say but apparently he's not any other team's type of player either.

Put Pyatt on waivers and my bet is he gets picked up.
I doubt Pyatt gets picked up either, he does nothing aside from PK. There aren't many teams with rosters spots open for a PK specialist.

If Boyd is a liability defensively then why not give him a spot on an offensive line after you compliment how good his work ethic has been? Pyatt and Moen are liabilities in the offensive zone so why put them on offensive lines and if Boyd is a defensive zone liability why put him on a defensive line?

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
  #332
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I just find it absolutely retarded not to give him one shift in the top 6 before waiving him after you've tried Pyatt, Lapierre and Moen who bring absolutely nothing offensively.

We've traded Sergei Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Chipchura, D'Agostini in just over a year with Martin (all have played well with their new clubs aside from Sergei who just went there) and the only young forward on our team who Martin has somewhat developed has been Pyatt who has like 4 points in 50 games. Can't wait to see how many more players we lose because they're not "Jacques Martin type" players.

Yup, true, takes only one season for a player to be fully developped.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:30 PM
  #333
smiler2729
Registered User
 
smiler2729's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Orangeville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Dustin Boyd is not even being given a chance in MTL, he's an upgrade on Maxim Lapierre, maybe he should change his name to Dustin Dubois

smiler2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:31 PM
  #334
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler2729 View Post
Dustin Boyd is not even being given a chance in MTL, he's an upgrade on Maxim Lapierre, maybe he should change his name to Dustin Dubois
Yeah or like that other French guy who got a chance on the first line. Tom Pyatt.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:36 PM
  #335
go_habs_go
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,207
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Boyd looked awesome in the preseason with White..

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Lapierre/Eller - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Halpern - Darche
Boyd - Eller/Lapierre - White

go_habs_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:37 PM
  #336
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,349
vCash: 500
Yeah I know right? This is Montreal, where French Canadians get a free ride. We are the team with the most French Canadians after all. I really don't get why they're giving this line of Maxim Lapierre, Mathieu Darche and David Desharnais so much ice time over Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Cammalleri, Gionta, Gomez... Makes no sense to me.

Plus, can we please send down Mathieu Carle and recall P.K. Subban?

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:47 PM
  #337
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler2729 View Post
Dustin Boyd is not even being given a chance in MTL, he's an upgrade on Maxim Lapierre, maybe he should change his name to Dustin Dubois
Boyd did nothing to win a spot with the Habs.At least Lapierre can win board battles. He didn't even get pick on waiver and some people think he should play on the top6.

the Lapierre-Boyd-Pyatt line was awful but put Moen with Pyatt and Lapierre and this line will be alot better.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:09 PM
  #338
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler2729 View Post
Dustin Boyd is not even being given a chance in MTL, he's an upgrade on Maxim Lapierre, maybe he should change his name to Dustin Dubois
From what I've seen Boyd isn't an upgrade on anyone on the roster. The ES shiftrs on which the Sens scored on Saturday were the clincher. although Pyatt has to share in the blame. No D on top of no O = no value.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:16 PM
  #339
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I just find it absolutely retarded not to give him one shift in the top 6 before waiving him after you've tried Pyatt, Lapierre and Moen who bring absolutely nothing offensively.

We've traded Sergei Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Chipchura, D'Agostini in just over a year with Martin (all have played well with their new clubs aside from Sergei who just went there) and the only young forward on our team who Martin has somewhat developed has been Pyatt who has like 4 points in 50 games. Can't wait to see how many more players we lose because they're not "Jacques Martin type" players.
Putting Boyd on the 2nd line would have lead to nothing. Just like the others. You don't really need to test it out, those players are 3rd-4th liners, that's it. If things don't improve shortly, I expect somebody from the AHL to be called up. My guess would be Desharnais-Maxpac or Palushaj.
I agree with Maxpac though, if he isn't getting top 6 action, keep him in AHL (same thing for Desharnais and Palushaj).
If defense is what they're looking for, call up Weber.
Otherwise, there's always the FA route we can take.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:26 PM
  #340
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler2729 View Post
Dustin Boyd is not even being given a chance in MTL, he's an upgrade on Maxim Lapierre, maybe he should change his name to Dustin Dubois
Why are we even allowing these kind of comments...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:50 PM
  #341
linp
 
linp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Was Boyd a center man before joining MTL? I find that his defensive ability around the net is very weak. There is a mile difference between him and Halpern. Maybe try him on the wing and see how it works out. Lapierre was good during last playoff but is real bad this year. Hope he is more focus playing on the 2nd line.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:33 PM
  #342
BigHabs
Registered User
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipp18 View Post
Did you hear the short press conference/scrum yesterday with Martin. If he knows what he is doing he is sure doing a lousy job of making in appear that way.

They asked him what the purpose was of putting Boyd on waivers - he said: "There is no purpose - the purpose is to put him on waivers". He said that the rationale behind the move was to make the team better, when reporters pressed him about how exactly it would make the team better he basically had no answer.

Its actually one of the most inept sound bites you will ever hear from our coach. It left me wondering - where is Gauthier? Why wasn't he in front of the media answering those questions, especially when Martin was so obviously unprepared to answer them.
He is probably at the GM meetings they had today in Toronto. The Canadiens are playing at home tonight and thats why they the media was there prior to game time not in Toronto asking questions about Boyd with Guathier at the GM meetings. They want to probably know if he will be in the lineup or not, and ask Martin not Gauthier.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:51 PM
  #343
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,347
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler2729 View Post
Dustin Boyd is not even being given a chance in MTL, he's an upgrade on Maxim Lapierre, maybe he should change his name to Dustin Dubois
He don't deserve a chance because he's terrible, flops around and has no hustle whatsoever. He also cleared waivers.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 03:18 PM
  #344
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by linp View Post
Was Boyd a center man before joining MTL? I find that his defensive ability around the net is very weak. There is a mile difference between him and Halpern. Maybe try him on the wing and see how it works out. Lapierre was good during last playoff but is real bad this year. Hope he is more focus playing on the 2nd line.
I find Lapierre has been fine so far, he's playing with more grit than last year. He hasn't scored much, but that's not really his game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
  #345
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler2729 View Post
Dustin Boyd is not even being given a chance in MTL, he's an upgrade on Maxim Lapierre, maybe he should change his name to Dustin Dubois

Since you come from Orangeville, can you be considered an Orangeman. If so, it explains a lot. Put Maxim Lapierre on waivers and see how many teams go after him.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 03:44 PM
  #346
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Since you come from Orangeville, can you be considered an Orangeman. If so, it explains a lot. Put Maxim Lapierre on waivers and see how many teams go after him.
Toronto would pick him up because he has TRUCULENCE.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
  #347
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
He don't deserve a chance because he's terrible, flops around and has no hustle whatsoever. He also cleared waivers.
yeah and so did daniel briere at one point...and Martin st louis also,,,

the fact that boyd cleared waivers does not mean he is a bad player. IMO he was not given much of a chance by Martin, and i would be dissapointed if this is indeed the end for him in MTL. i tihnk we will see him again.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 04:16 PM
  #348
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
yeah and so did daniel briere at one point...and Martin st louis also,,,

the fact that boyd cleared waivers does not mean he is a bad player. IMO he was not given much of a chance by Martin, and i would be dissapointed if this is indeed the end for him in MTL. i tihnk we will see him again.
tell me you arent comparing him to those two, PLEASE!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
  #349
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
tell me you arent comparing him to those two, PLEASE!
I think he's just making the point that being waived doesn't necessarily mean you are a bad player or have no future.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 05:09 PM
  #350
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I think it's because of his being a bit of a defensive liability as opposed to Pyatt who is anything but that.

Seems people here are really quick at blaming JM for everything or at least questioning his every decision but to me the fact that no other NHL team showed interest in itself answers your question.

He may not be a JM type player as you say but apparently he's not any other team's type of player either.

Put Pyatt on waivers and my bet is he gets picked up.
That's fine in regards to Boyd.

How else to you explain the rest of our young players that we have let go since Martin has arrived and that have done better elsewhere?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.