HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bill Guerin to the rescue?

Old
11-09-2010, 03:57 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
I would have prefered Nolan, to be honest.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 04:09 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
At the end of the day, the problem so far with top 6 scoring is Gionta, Gomez and Cammy not producing, not that we are missing another player. Pleks missed a game and AK has been cold the last couple weeks(5 GP 0-0-0 -4)Eller is fine at center, once the Halpern line cools down a bit, stick Pouliot with Gionta and Gomez.

"Slower Than Hamrlik" WTF??

We have like 5-6 guys on our own team slower than Hamrlik in Spacek, Gill, Halpern, Darche and Moen.
Darche and Moen are faster than Hamrlik.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Shall we wait until they are that bad before acting up??..

We need to improve two obvious things, our top 6 (which has been constituted of a grinder since game 4). Ironically, the player we all thought would complete the top 6, Pouliot, is on the 3rd line and more productive than 2 of our established top6 players while tying a 3rd one.
The other thing is our PP.

Those two weak points will eventually catch up to us if we don't fix them, you know this.

I'm not saying Guerin is the answer, at all. But we need to do something. If you want to try a young prospect, then do it now.
If you want to try an old veteran, then I want Nolan. At least we know he actually trained hard this summer as he wanted to play, and he's playing in the Swiss-A league for a 1 month contract to showcase NHL teams that he can still perform (10pts in 5GP). I wouldn't mind signing Nolan.

I agree, there's no need to panic. But we also can't wait for things to further deteriorate. Our team hasn't really looked better as the season progressed, it's actually the opposite.
I agree that problems need to be fixed. I just don't think a panic UFA signing is the answer.

At any rate, let's wait until tonight before thinking we have to change something. It's true that the team hasn't been playing very well and their play has deteriorated over the past 3-4 games, but we'll know more after tonight I guess.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Darche and Moen are faster than Hamrlik.
I don't agree, but regardless, if you want to compare "slow" and use an example Gill would make more sense.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I agree that problems need to be fixed. I just don't think a panic UFA signing is the answer.

At any rate, let's wait until tonight before thinking we have to change something. It's true that the team hasn't been playing very well and their play has deteriorated over the past 3-4 games, but we'll know more after tonight I guess.
I just don't think things will improve if Martin keeps rolling a grinder on the Gomez line. No matte who you put along side Plekanec, it will work, he's that good. Gomez isn't, at least not anymore. So no matter what, we will need to fix that 2nd line of ours.
I really don't care how it's fixed, whether it's a FA signing, Eller, Pouliot, an AHL call up ( I'm not only talking about wingers either. If Gomez needs to be the 3rd line center, and we give Eller a try next to A.Ko and say, Pouliot, so be it.).

Even if Lappy has a hat-trick tonight with 3 assists from Gomez, I don't think anybody believes it will last.

I agree though, no need to press the panic button just yet, but I hope they're working on viable solutions at the moment that could be executed rather shortly if needed.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:16 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
I don't know where else to post this so it's going here, I was checking twitters for news of Boyd clearing and saw this from Mike Boone:

Quote:
@TonyMarinaro Can you speak while Pierre McGuire drinks a glass of water?
22 hours ago

harsh, but I like it
Is he insinuating Marinaro is McGuire's parrot?

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Is he insinuating Marinaro is McGuire's parrot?
More like a ventriloquist: McGuire with his hand up Marinaro's *$$.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote