HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bailey back at center/Konopka injured

Old
11-08-2010, 11:49 AM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

vCash: 500
Bailey back at center/Konopka injured

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...-center-again/

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Isles Shawn

Took them long enough to put Bailey back at center. It's where he belongs.

Isles Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:30 PM
majormet

Wow if Martinek didn't practice does that mean Chynoweth was the 6th dman.

We are never going to win because on each line we have someone who will fall asleep on the ice for 20 precious seconds.

Grabner on the first line will leave a dman open at least twice in a game for an open shot on goal

Schremp will stand around and wait for things to happen around him

Parenteau will do what Schremp does.

Martin is very intense, but will also lose his man a few times per game.

Like redbull says... it probably is the lack of defensive mindedness of the forwards.

Sad thing is that all we have to hope for on offense is Okposo's return which means a lot of these guys are going to play out the year.

Mix the lack of defensive knowledge of Schremp, PAP, Grabner and Martin with the aging of Weight, with the invisibility of Bailey and Comeau and this season is going to be long.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Bout time.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
TeamKidd

awwwee right. totally overdue, but the way it should be.

this team has a weird roster. Too many players out of position, trying to establish themselves, or not being utilized for their talents. personally i would do this:

moulson-tavares-grabner (no alternative right now)
comeau-bailey-weight
martin-neilsen-hunter
PAP-schremp-gillies

In my eyes, grabner, weight, hunter, PAP, and schremp are all playing out of position.
PAP, schremp, and grabner all need to be benched...but in favor of? no one.

TeamKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
ferrisUML

Schremp on the fourth line means he's got one foot out the door. Pap on the second means that in one months time (KO's return), he's the odd man out or pulling fourth line duties. Feels a little like the universe is beginning to align...

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:27 PM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post

this team has a weird roster. Too many players out of position, trying to establish themselves, or not being utilized for their talents. personally i would do this:

comeau-bailey-weight
martin-neilsen-hunter
PAP-schremp-gillies

In my eyes, grabner, weight, hunter, PAP, and schremp are all playing out of position.
PAP, schremp, and grabner all need to be benched...but in favor of? no one.
Grabner was probably our best forward on Saturday night.

I'd like to see Tavares with Schremp and Moulson on one PP and Bailey with Comeau and P.A. on the other.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:47 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
^Grabner wasn't their best forward Sat night, but he was one of their better on Weds/Thurs (not saying much, given the context). Seemed like he was adjusting to playing with new line mates, and adjusting to the responsibility of playing on the top line.

Regardless, I like these lines. Been wanting to see Mouls-JT-Grabner; Comeau-JB combos for weeks now.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:23 PM
JetsMetsIsles

Our team needs to play with some urgency. Can't play lke there is always tomorrow because for the Islanders they need to play everygame like its the rangers.

JetsMetsIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Islander Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post

comeau-bailey-weight
martin-neilsen-hunter
PAP-schremp-gillies
I agree with this line-up, I just hope Gordon does also !!

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 06:45 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Bout time.
Really the only thing that can be said. There's a direct link to bailey playing wing & the isles offense taking a hardcore nosedive.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:07 PM
xIsle

Bailey back to center because of the injury of Konopka? It reminds me a bit earlier this year when Bailey was back to center because of the injury of Tavares.

Probably, if it was not for those injuries, Bailey would have not played a single second as a center! Tells how much Gordon, sometimes, is clueless!

xIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:31 PM
BillD

Agree. And stubborn.
If anyone eventually needs to moved to what could be thier most productive position, it is Tavares to wing. Many hockey observers have said this. Gorton ried it for 1 game last year, but he is more suited to the wing than center as a professional.
It will only take Gorton another season or so to figure this out, have Bailey center him with Comeau (or a better LW F/A with speed).

BillD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
Agree. And stubborn.
If anyone eventually needs to moved to what could be thier most productive position, it is Tavares to wing. Many hockey observers have said this. Gorton ried it for 1 game last year, but he is more suited to the wing than center as a professional.
It will only take Gorton another season or so to figure this out, have Bailey center him with Comeau (or a better LW F/A with speed).
Hmm, I was actually thinking the exact same thing the other day.

I also think he is better suited on the wing, mainly because he will have less responsibility and can just worry about scoring for now.

They would have been better off slowly acclimating JT by starting him at wing, and then maybe in a few years move him to center. I don't think it's too late to move him to wing though, and also it would allow Bailey to move up to the #1 center spot where he played so well.

Comeau/Moulson-Bailey-Tavares

I would be willing to give that a try.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Hmm, I was actually thinking the exact same thing the other day.

I also think he is better suited on the wing, mainly because he will have less responsibility and can just worry about scoring for now.

They would have been better off slowly acclimating JT by starting him at wing, and then maybe in a few years move him to center. I don't think it's too late to move him to wing though, and also it would allow Bailey to move up to the #1 center spot where he played so well.

Comeau/Moulson-Bailey-Tavares

I would be willing to give that a try.
I was thinking about it the other day also, but was actually thinking Nielsen between Moulson and Tavares. I think Nielsen could put up more points than he has playing with better goalscorers, and I think he could help them get the puck in the scoring position to help them put up more goals. Plus, Frans is our best defensive forward, and our best skating center, so he could help make them less of a defensive liability and add a little speed to their line. Not to mention, Frans is the team's leading scorer for non-PP points, so giving him more ES minutes is hardly a bad thing. Then Comeau-Bailey-Grabner on the second line.

Problem though, is that leaves us with no checking line center. None of Schremp, Weight or Konopka (even when healthy) are up to the task, and it's not like we really have anyone in the bridge who's ready for that role either. But that could be addressed in a trade, maybe.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote