HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Price shines in shutout (Habs win 2-0, Videos at post #1)

Old
11-09-2010, 09:19 PM
c hand 29*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
like I posted on page 1, this video will feature Price's big saves at the end + 3 stars selection + PK celebrationg with Price.
Sorry man didn't see it, I was kind of joking around though. Thanks!

c hand 29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Been really impressed with Pouliot lately, been backchecking hard, throwing his weight around and making smart plays with the puck. Getting put on a line with Halpern and Darche has worked out great for him.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Crows*

Somthing CAnuck and Hab fans can all be happy together about... is the leafs had another awful stinker tonight.

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

One thing that hasn't been brought up, Spacek played a huge game vs the Sedins. His best game of the year by far. Hamrlik was also rock solid, but he's been our best defender IMHO since his return. It was good to see Markov get one, he looked a bit more comfortable out there. PK Gorges and Gill were also solid. Nobody on defense had a bad night for a change.

Up front the Plekanec line had a lot of chances. The Halpern one had a pretty good game. I thought AK had a strong game with a couple of turnovers on the forecheck, Gomez still pretty so so, Lapierre a dumb penality. I thought the Eller line had a pretty good game, they had a few chances and played responsible defensively.

Price was rock solid, not a ton of shots early but a few quality chances...Sedin breakaway...in the 3rd he was very cool as Vancouver cranked it up a bit, controlled his rebounds well and helped out the defense with passes to move the puck...a few big saves for the shutout...what more can you say?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:20 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
It took a long enough. 90% of posters here have zero clue about a goaltender's development curve.

Go Habs Go!
yup, i fought hard here for ones to cut this guy slack.

support him, and he will rise

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
God I wish we could round up the Price bashers from this offseason and have them eat their collective crow.
I am right here, one game doesn't make him a saint.

Halak would have done this 3 times by now (I don't really believe this, I'm just being facetious).

But I hate the way people make someone bigger than they are after one freakin win.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
strutsboa

Great win! Price was just amazing.

I really can't understand why Martin did split up Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Cammalleri, that line worked so well in the beginning of the season, don't try to fix the second line by breaking up the first line...

strutsboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le CH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Maybe I'm solo here, but Eller needs to dominate somewhere. He shows flashes but damn, I wish the guy would get some minutes...even a small stint in hamilton for kicks.
Gotta say Im happy with the W but I dont understand why Martin didnt play Eller more( he played pretty well IMO )... he seems to like to play mind games with rookies.

Stats show Eller only played 4 min or there abouts...

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Maybe I'm solo here, but Eller needs to dominate somewhere. He shows flashes but damn, I wish the guy would get some minutes...even a small stint in hamilton for kicks.
You're definitely not alone there. He's only 21 and it's not like he dominated last year in the AHL. We can also use a little grit in the bottom 6. If he's going to bench/play a rookie for less than 10 minute a game, I rather it be White. Our 2 biggest hitters from tonight? Andrei Kostitsyn (5) and Brian Gionta (3). They had 8 of the teams 16 hits tonight (the opponent as usual have almost double).

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dekar

Vancouver goalie in Montreal - 1
Montreal goalie in Vancouver - 0

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habfan1968

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Been really impressed with Pouliot lately, been backchecking hard, throwing his weight around and making smart plays with the puck. Getting put on a line with Halpern and Darche has worked out great for him.
Pouliot has played well and does not really deserve the ride he gets from fans on this board. I also think we should play him on the PP on the point, got speed size and a good shot, let's try and use it.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
yup, i fought hard here for ones to cut this guy slack.

support him, and he will rise
You also fought hard to get andrei k traded for a bag of pucks.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

WoW Price really looks masterful.. I never stopped believe he was a GEM, he is our Ovechkin, our Crosby, he is definitely something special...

Amazing game, highly paced, a great team effort.. We really looked like an elite team tonight, I still think we have a shot at winning the division..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
When I heard the "Carey" chants as he came out for the 1st star, I could only wonder how many of those same people were booing him in the first game of the preseason.
The beauty of this great city, is that its not always the same 21 thousand people going to each games at the bell center, we're such a market that its so hard for anyone to get tickets on a consistent basis

where as other markets are lucky to GET 15 thousand a game, and yes most them ARE the same fans that go over and over

but i get what you mean, alot of people have definately sucked it up and finally accepted price

I also contemplated benching him tonight in fantasy just ebcause the last time he faced them he let in 7 goals.. but god damn am i glad

did anyone else see him slash gorges to move out of the way cuz he couldnt see? thats when you know price is FOCUSED

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:24 PM
NoCarrier

Nice goals by Hamrlik

And Markov

Way to go guys! The Price is Right!

NoCarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
I see jaybee showed up and even though he wants to, he still cannot be positive. C'mon we just won 2- 0 why is there something to complain about, never mind three things. Try being a fan instead of an critic.
I'm happy that we won and praised the players. But to jut completely ignore the fact that our forwards are still struggling does not make me any less of a fan than you are.

Furthermore I shouldn't have to defend every comment I make. Hopefully the mods are paying attention.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 403
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I can put them into the OP if you'd like.
yes please, it'd be greatly appreciated

thanks.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
The best part is that if the Canucks won, something worse would have been said. Canucks fans, sore losers, worse winners.
What the ****, seriously. Only one of them act like an idiot, the other guys were more than all right. Singling all of them out is ridiculous.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:25 PM
waxring

And with that the habs are still leading the division!!

waxring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
It may have to come to that. The Canadiens are playing tight games this year, and Martin is not showing much faith in having Eller on the ice during the difficult moments. He continues to show incredible skill on the puck when he gets the chance, the problem being that he does make turnovers, he is not developed defensively, and Martin does not trust him yet. It isn't the best way to develop this kid IMO, and I think he would benefit from going to Hamilton.
I didn't agree at first, but the less he plays the more I agree. If he isn't getting 10-12 minutes consistently he should go down.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
the vinyl version

Hopefully the Canucks can end the Sens win streak now. Pay it forward, *****es.

the vinyl version is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
lol Gomez will never get it going as long as Gionta is as snake bitten as he is.

zomg, did you guys all see how Gionta can't even hit an open net?

That was freakin hilarious. I'm just glad we won. Gionta is ****ed, I feel sorry for him. ffs, we really need him to turn it around.
Why isn't anyone talkin about this? Gio missing that open net was hilarious?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
The beauty of this great city, is that its not always the same 21 thousand people going to each games at the bell center, we're such a market that its so hard for anyone to get tickets on a consistent basis

where as other markets are lucky to GET 15 thousand a game, and yes most them ARE the same fans that go over and over

but i get what you mean, alot of people have definately sucked it up and finally accepted price

I also contemplated benching him tonight in fantasy just ebcause the last time he faced them he let in 7 goals.. but god damn am i glad

did anyone else see him slash gorges to move out of the way cuz he couldnt see? thats when you know price is FOCUSED
Change those 21 000 fans that were at the game where they booed him, and you'll still have a same result. It takes just one guy.

Those people who said, "Price sucks" are likely going to tell you now "I believed in him all along"

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Vancouver goalie in Montreal - 1
Montreal goalie in Vancouver - 0
LOL , Good Call..

It makes me think of how we always freak out when we face a french goalie

i wonder if vacouverites (sp?) go : "aahhhh! were facing a goalie from vancouver tonight!"

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ollie Williams

vCash: 273
The streak-breakers strike back?

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote