HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers

Old
11-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provolone View Post
Todd White > Fedotanko> Frolov

There.

I.

Said.

It.
You.

Are.

Right.

Seriously, you are. Frolov needs to go. He needs to go before Feds or White does. That's just me, though. I can't stand when he, or any player for that matter, doesn't even try to get in the slot.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:27 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I dont know what is going on with Dubi but since he hit 10 goals he has decided to play at 40% of his capability. I know dubinsky has been like this for awhile with good and bad games, but he got a problem as he is now the 1st line player, we are looking to produce and create chances and having performances like the last 2 games is not acceptable. Anyone have any ideas as to why hes decided to play at 0 intensity, holding 2 hands on the stick just gliding around like a scarecrow with no purpose other than hurting the team like the 1st goasl Wash scored were he lost all coverage in another world. Its sad that we have to rely on a guy like Dubinsky but we do and it time he fix his mental state or whatevers going on and play hard for 82 games.
Dude...Dubi got to 10 goals only two games ago...give it a freakin' break...Brandon Dubinsky is the least of this team's worries...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
You.

Are.

Right.

Seriously, you are. Frolov needs to go. He needs to go before Feds or White does. That's just me, though. I can't stand when he, or any player for that matter, doesn't even try to get in the slot.
wait till gaborik comes back for a bit..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
higgalov sucks ass

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Scooter17

On a positive note...how about a round of applause for Brian Boyle. I think I am starting to believe in him.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:28 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
An entertaining game despite the loss. The effort was certainly there.

We are really hurting for some talent right now. Faceoff and PP woes continue. Dubi should just take all faceoffs instead of Anisimov... Dubi was at 69% tonight and Arty was a measly 20%.

Not only is the absence of Gabby killing us on the PP, but DZ's sophomore slump isn't helping matters either. He rarely hits the net and can't enter the zone effectively. Staal is far more adept at gaining the zone than DZ.
MDZ is great at brinign the puck in the zone, the problem is the guys he passes to are either not in position, cant handle a pass while in stride and have no ability to gain the zone with confidence onces they recieve a pass. MDZ outlets passes are better than most, especially Stall. If anything i would put Stall in front of the net on the PP every now and than.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:29 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
The 1st line was not on its game. They didnt create quality chances. Dubi had chances but from really bad angles. They just didnt look like they usually do. They didnt capitalize on possible chances.
When did we get to the point that Dubinsky, Callahan and Anisimov bring an expectation of performance along with them?

They have had a great start, no doubt, but you guys need to lighten up...the reality is that these three should be our second line, not our first. To expect them to produce like a first line night in and night out is ridiculous...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Abooch68

Rangers need a high profile center.
That is all.

Old
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

BUT BUT BUT BUT Frolov is doing good things out there......He's playing good defensively...etc...

News Flash folks....we didn't bring Frolov to play defense. We brought him to provide much needed secondary scoring. He should have been #2 after Gaborik on this team....so much for that. That's going to **** us over.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
wait till gaborik comes back for a bit..
That's fair, but I don't give a ****.

The dude has - had - something to prove... Like he can score on a wraparound. He could of stepped more than ever with Gaborik going down. The dude's useless.

Old
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
You.

Are.

Right.

Personally, Frolov has been very disappointing.

I was very happy when we signed him and loved what he did in the preseason... and then all of a sudden he fell off the map.

(Probably because he's not playing with Gaborik).

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bmw2004

A question. Do you think we would win with Gaborik on the lineup?

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:30 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
MDZ and Rosie blew the last goal but let's all call a spade a spade lundqvist out played again by a rookie. he made the saves when it counted and hank didn't the one soft goal a game kills vs top end teams. this is what sucks they play a great team with a depleted roster hang in all game and then wham a mistake and they lose. rosie lost the puck 2 times and why did mdz make such a horrible back pass, Rangers really unlucky tonight
henke wasnt outplayed tonight. he had one goal he should have had. same as the washington kid. i actually thought the washington goalie was awful tonight and if we could have hit then net a little more we'd have scored 5 or 6 goals tonight.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni1994 View Post
Personally, Frolov has been very disappointing.

I was very happy when we signed him and loved what he did in the preseason... and then all of a sudden he fell of the map.

(Probably because he's not playing with Gaborik).
I was upset that we signed him. Then you fools on this board with your opinions converted me to excitement.

Now... **** him.

Old
11-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Abooch68

Once again this team needs a center who can set up plays.
That is all.

Edit: a current first line center.

Last edited by Abooch68: 11-09-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: a current FIRST LINE center.
Old
11-09-2010, 09:32 PM
17futurecap

At least Sather didn't give Fro the Kotalik contract. Will be interesting to see if he can do anything with Gabby.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
I was upset that we signed him. Then you fools on this board with your opinions converted me to excitement.

Now... **** him.
Good thing it wasn't a multi-year contract or else you might go postal on us.

EDIT: Amen to 17futurecap.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
When did we get to the point that Dubinsky, Callahan and Anisimov bring an expectation of performance along with them?

They have had a great start, no doubt, but you guys need to lighten up...the reality is that these three should be our second line, not our first. To expect them to produce like a first line night in and night out is ridiculous...
Why not expect it out of them? Is there a label on them that is going to define them for what they are going to be for the rest of the year? Dubinsky was inches of way from having goals number 11 and 12 on the season tonight. I'm not going to say oh well these guys are second liners for life, its not possible that they could fully develop into first line players. They are all still young. They are all performing at a high level. Why shouldnt we have high expectations for them? Because people, scouting reports, etc deem that they arent 1st line type players? What kind of statement are you trying to make? And I'm not bashing them. I'm not being hard on them. They just didnt perform to the best of their abilities. They have been very consistent this year playing a strong game and producing. I;m going to hold them to that until they really show that it was indeed just some hot start.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
henke wasnt outplayed tonight. he had one goal he should have had. same as the washington kid. i actually thought the washington goalie was awful tonight and if we could have hit then net a little more we'd have scored 5 or 6 goals tonight.
Have to agree here. I was getting so pissed watching the Rangers not getting to the 50 juicy rebounds neuvirth gave up.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Dude...Dubi got to 10 goals only two games ago...give it a freakin' break...Brandon Dubinsky is the least of this team's worries...
So he scores 10 goals so he thinks he can neglect all the aspects in his game like hitting, forecheck, extra effort that got him those goals. Who is he now Alex Kovalev. I know how he can play and wathcing the last 2 games is disgusting.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ecemleafs

At least Gaborik coming back soon gives us 2 lines that are offensive threats consistently. Should create more chances for the Pack Line since they wont be facing shutdown defensive pairings/lines like Gabs does.

Old
11-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Anderson

yes, henrik was outplayed because he let in more goals against the capitals offense than Neuvirth let in against the potent rangers offense.

dubi, cally, artem >>>>> ovechkin, semin, backstrom

Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ecemleafs

Has Frolov "gotten good wood" on any shot attempt hes had this year? Get some new sticks dude, because u fan on or flutter everything.

Old
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni1994 View Post
Good thing it wasn't a multi-year contract or else you might go postal on us.

lol I hope Tortsie does on Frolov.

Old
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
So he scores 10 goals so he thinks he can neglect all the aspects in his game like hitting, forecheck, extra effort that got him those goals. Who is he now Alex Kovalev. I know how he can play and wathcing the last 2 games is disgusting.
cmon now.. he stands out more than most guys on this team night after night..