Brandon vs Kelowna

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2005, 09:51 AM
KRF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
Palin and Weber starting on defence, not a bad pairing!! Who drafted those 2? Is Bodie drafted? He needs to learn to skate a bit better.
weber was drafted in the second round by nashville, palin has never been drafted and bodie was drafted by the oilers in the 7th or 9th round. bodie has flashes of brilliance but still hasn't completely grown into his body. one more year of junior to learn to use his size should be the ticket for troy.

kelowna really played great and loook banged up. some days off is just what this team needs to ready for the memorial cup.

Old
05-14-2005, 10:46 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRF
weber was drafted in the second round by nashville, palin has never been drafted and bodie was drafted by the oilers in the 7th or 9th round. bodie has flashes of brilliance but still hasn't completely grown into his body. one more year of junior to learn to use his size should be the ticket for troy.

kelowna really played great and loook banged up. some days off is just what this team needs to ready for the memorial cup.
I'd agree with your assesment of Bodie... Just looks a little clumsy sometimes but any team in the dub would take him. I know his Dad and Troy will never want for money or resources to improve his game, he should never lack confidence either!!!
!! Palin should get a contract with an affiliate somewhere, looks like a player you'd hate to play against. Weber looks awesome, tough and a nice touch with the puck. Must have been a lot of fun supporting that team this year!
Who would you keep as overage players next year, assumimg the NHL plays.
Have Kelowna always played that total team full court press?? That system requires smart, unselfish, inshape players, attack and defend as a team. Their transition game was near impeccable, very impressive.
If Brandon had got a couple breaks they would have won the 4th game, but still lost the series in 6 imo....

Old
05-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Ogopogo*

Bodie is an Oilers pick and will never set foot on NHL ice. When a guy is 6'5" it is expected that he has some clue how to use that size effectively. Unless Bodie changes dramatically, he will never be in the NHL.

Great job Rockets! Finished it in 5, just like my prediction. Once in a while I get one right!

London and Rimouski are in for a helluva surprise at the end of the month.

Old
05-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Upchuck19

Quote:
!! Palin should get a contract with an affiliate somewhere, looks like a player you'd hate to play against. Weber looks awesome, tough and a nice touch with the puck. Must have been a lot of fun supporting that team this year!
Who would you keep as overage players next year, assumimg the NHL plays.
Have Kelowna always played that total team full court press?? That system requires smart, unselfish, inshape players, attack and defend as a team. Their transition game was near impeccable, very impressive.
If Brandon had got a couple breaks they would have won the 4th game, but still lost the series in 6 imo....
I believe Palin will get a contract with someone. It's been great watching Weber here for three years, too bad he has to go to Milwaukee next year but its time for him to advance.

Overagers next year will be Bodie and Darzins, we will have to pick up a 20 year old defensman to help replace Weber.

Yes Kelowna has for awhile played a two high cycling in the offensive zone, one stays by the net waiting for the puck to come out then he will go into the corner to get it. The full court press is played to perfection and really is a advantage to Kelowna.

Kelowna works hard every night, when Couture got traded here from Medicine Hat he thought he was in shape. When he was working out with the Rockets he realized that he wasn't in Rocket shape.

Brandon is a very good team to knock out in five games, we didn't deserve game four but we will take it.

Old
05-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Greg7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
Overagers next year will be Bodie and Darzins, we will have to pick up a 20 year old defensman to help replace Weber.
Are you sure? I would think the Rockets would be reluctant to use an overage spot and an import spot on Darzins. He's okay, but I thought they wouldn't want to waste two of those valuable spots on the same guy.

Old
05-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Nazzy-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg7
Are you sure? I would think the Rockets would be reluctant to use an overage spot and an import spot on Darzins. He's okay, but I thought they wouldn't want to waste two of those valuable spots on the same guy.
Given that the only other overager will be Bodie (I think) and the vast majority of this team will be back next year as 19 year olds I think it is worth it. I expect Darzins to play a big role with the club next year and do better offensively now that he has adjusted to North American hockey.

In getting that 20 yr old defenseman to replace Weber I see the Rockets moving 1 of Westblom or Yeomans, prolly Westblom. He will not want to be backup again and since he is a year younger he would get a little more than Yeomans. His value will also be be high right now after a good season, and the way he played off the bench against Brandon.

Old
05-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy-19
Given that the only other overager will be Bodie (I think) and the vast majority of this team will be back next year as 19 year olds I think it is worth it. I expect Darzins to play a big role with the club next year and do better offensively now that he has adjusted to North American hockey.
Agreed. He knows the system and has proven he can play over here. Assuming Blanar stays, too, that'll give the Rockets two veteran Europeans that'll both be gone after next season (no way Blanar will stay as an overager), which'll put them in position to bring in a younger guy as their single import for 2006-07 - when the rebuilding will probably have to start.

Old
05-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg7
Maybe. But Lauris Darzins is NOT a waste of a spot. I expect him to score 30-40 goals next season, after all he's learned this year.

Old
05-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Upchuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy-19
I expect Darzins to play a big role with the club next year and do better offensively now that he has adjusted to North American hockey.

In getting that 20 yr old defenseman to replace Weber I see the Rockets moving 1 of Westblom or Yeomans, prolly Westblom..
Darzins has learned to play more physical and defensive, next year he will open up his natural offensive capibillties. Lauris has been injuried a couple of times this year because he wasn't tough enough, he is tougher now. Rockets don't like to take up two spots (euro and overage) but for Darzins they will make a exception.

If they move anyone it will be Yeomans, Westblom is as good and will be a better goalie in the future. Kris is a year younger also which means alot in junior hockey.

Old
05-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Nazzy-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
Darzins has learned to play more physical and defensive, next year he will open up his natural offensive capibillties. Lauris has been injuried a couple of times this year because he wasn't tough enough, he is tougher now. Rockets don't like to take up two spots (euro and overage) but for Darzins they will make a exception.

If they move anyone it will be Yeomans, Westblom is as good and will be a better goalie in the future. Kris is a year younger also which means alot in junior hockey.
Exactly why I predicted that he would be the one moved, cuz I think he will have more value than Yeomans and could get us a pretty worthwhile return.

Old
05-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Avery4Byng*

A replacement Euro for Blanar...... A scoring one maybe?

Old
05-17-2005, 09:40 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Yes, that's why he was assigned WHL finals. I expect either him or Chris Savage to represent the WHL at the Memorial Cup. Future World Championships are also a very good possibility for both Herman and Savage.
Time to brag.

Did I call that or what?

http://www.whl.ca/headlines/?id=3037

Old
05-21-2005, 07:43 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Time to brag.

Did I call that or what?

http://www.whl.ca/headlines/?id=3037
You may have called it, but Hermans doing just as poorly in this game, example, giving Bolduc a penalty when Perry simply dove to the ice

Old
05-21-2005, 09:37 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
You may have called it, but Hermans doing just as poorly in this game, example, giving Bolduc a penalty when Perry simply dove to the ice
I think Herman's doing a fine job in easily the most pressure-packed game of his life. He's having no effect on the result of the game, and he's called what is necessary.

Just because you have a different opinion on some of his judgments does not make him a bad referee. He's the WHL representative referee at the Memorial Cup. That alone says he is a great official.

Old
05-21-2005, 10:15 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
I think Herman's doing a fine job in easily the most pressure-packed game of his life. He's having no effect on the result of the game, and he's called what is necessary.

Just because you have a different opinion on some of his judgments does not make him a bad referee. He's the WHL representative referee at the Memorial Cup. That alone says he is a great official.
We discussed this on the Memorial thread, but just b/c he's there doesn't mean he is a great official. Just because you like the way he refs does not make him a good ref.
He called a bad game again tonight, the majority have agreed with that.

Closed Thread