HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers

Old
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM
dtrap

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Why not expect it out of them? Is there a label on them that is going to define them for what they are going to be for the rest of the year? Dubinsky was inches of way from having goals number 11 and 12 on the season tonight. I'm not going to say oh well these guys are second liners for life, its not possible that they could fully develop into first line players. They are all still young. They are all performing at a high level. Why shouldnt we have high expectations for him? Because people, scouting reports, etc deem that they arent 1st line type players? What kind of statement are you trying to make? And I'm not bashing them. I'm not being hard on them. They just didnt perform to the best of their abilities. They have been very consistent this year playing a strong game and producing. I;m going to hold them to that until they really show that it was indeed just some hot start.
Agreed. Totally. But you know what happens around here. There are some posters who plain and simple most likely now expect these three to produce 2-3 goals a game.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:36 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
MDZ and Rosie blew the last goal but let's all call a spade a spade lundqvist out played again by a rookie. he made the saves when it counted and hank didn't the one soft goal a game kills vs top end teams. this is what sucks they play a great team with a depleted roster hang in all game and then wham a mistake and they lose. rosie lost the puck 2 times and why did mdz make such a horrible back pass, Rangers really unlucky tonight
Pretty much have to agree with this take.

However, while it's a "bad" play by MDZ, 100 NHL defensemen make the same play every night. Unfortunately, on Garden ice, the puck doesn't get back to Roszival cleanly. Therefore, he botches it, and allows Washington's no-talent players to score the winning goal.

I'll say it again, the Rangers are hampered by the ICE. They couldn't control the puck at the end of the game again! Washington didn't exactly pressure them all over the place, just that the puck wouldn't sit on a stick. The Garden is a joke that keeps getting worse.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
So he scores 10 goals so he thinks he can neglect all the aspects in his game like hitting, forecheck, extra effort that got him those goals. Who is he now Alex Kovalev. I know how he can play and wathcing the last 2 games is disgusting.
Your ability to watch a hockey game and understanding whats actually going on is disgusting.

Of all things, you target Dubinsky tonight. Its ridiculous.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
So he scores 10 goals so he thinks he can neglect all the aspects in his game like hitting, forecheck, extra effort that got him those goals. Who is he now Alex Kovalev. I know how he can play and wathcing the last 2 games is disgusting.
Who the hell you watching?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:38 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Agreed. Totally. But you know what happens around here. There are some posters who plain and simple most likely now expect these three to produce 2-3 goals a game.
Okay thats fair. I can understand that. And I'm not expecting that as you can see out of dubinsky. But they have been performing extremely well night in and night out. I'm saying for tonights assessment they did not look like themselves. They werent awful because they did have chances, but they could have been better. Accountability is key. You cant have it both ways, you either continue to play at a high level which they have shown they can definitely do or you dont. I think you know which way tortorella expects to see out of them.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:39 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I miss my first game in like 4 years and boogard scores for the first time in 4 years....What the puck

I also see that this team can't hold on to a lead to save their lives.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:39 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I'd like to know as well. Dubinsky was in a position to score a couple goals tonight, albeit they werent great angles, but he got to the right spots and just missed by inches. I dont know how that doesnt count as effort.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:40 PM
XLJ

I liked how they played. They play real hard and physical and not passive. That is how they need to play every game. Del Zotto made a horrible decision he should of got the puck out of the zone I dont blame Rozy on that one. Washington is just a better team. Not surprised we lost.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:40 PM
bmoak

Whenever people on this board claim that Rangers fans are patient and will support a full rebuild and will get behind the team if only they work hard and play the youth, I think of countless threads like this one and laugh myself silly...

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:41 PM
JeffMangum
~Dylan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Whenever people on this boards claims that Rangers fans are patient and will support a full rebuild and will get behind the team if only they work hard and play the youth, I think of countless threads like this one and laugh myself into a fit...
Seriously. I think you and me are the only non-pissed off ones on here right now.

Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

couple things

when you play the caps and you get a 5 on 3 - its a good idea to score.

when boyle scores 2 and the other goal is scored by boogaard, be happy we even had a chance to still win the game.

henrik goes down too early. the book has been written. when the shooters can hit the corners, our world class goaltender looks kinda average.

the pp overall is a momentum killer. its time to go to 4 forwards and del zotto.

rozy is still playing pretty well. solid passing and board work but hes still prone to bad cough ups when pressured deep. that needs to stop.

prust does not belong anywhere near the top 9.

mike sauer took care of business tonight and thats exactly why he needs to stay in the lineup.

having said that, does anyone care about matt gilroy ?

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
cmon now.. he stands out more than most guys on this team night after night..
I usually am the biggest supporter of him, but i really dont like his response the last 2games. Almost like an fish out of water when he hit 10 goals. He has to start believing in his game and be a leader and lose some of that attitude. I would rather he score only 20 goals this year if he brings intensity. That all i ask of him come to play every night and than will see what he actually capable off goal wise.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:44 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
couple things

when boyle scores 2 and the other goal is scored by boogaard, be happy we even had a chance to still win the game.

henrik goes down too early. the book has been written. when the shooters can hit the corners, our world class goaltender looks kinda average.

the pp overall is a momentum killer. its time to go to 4 forwards and del zotto.

rozy is still playing pretty well. solid passing and board work but hes still prone to bad cough ups when pressured deep. that needs to stop.

mike sauer took care of business tonight and thats exactly why he needs to stay in the lineup.

I agree with everything with the exception of the part on rosie. I think there was poor communication and del zotto put him in a bad spot. Because all night, with pressure on him, rosie as usual was taking a big hit to make a play. He does it all the time and does not get enough credit for it.

Also prust obviously doesnt belong there but EC hasnt shown he does either. White and Boogy sure as hell dont. We have injuries and thats just the way it is right now.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:45 PM
JeffMangum
~Dylan~

Quote:
couple things

Nah, he can take his purse and tampons to Hartford.

Old
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
I usually am the biggest supporter of him, but i really dont like his response the last 2games. Almost like an fish out of water when he hit 10 goals. He has to start believing in his game and be a leader and lose some of that attitude. I would rather he score only 20 goals this year if he brings intensity. That all i ask of him come to play every night and than will see what he actually capable off goal wise.
He does come out every night... So, let's be real here, he isn't going to be competing with Stamkos for the Rocket. Just because he's not scoring, doesn't mean he's not adding something to the team every night. That's the beauty of hockey.

Old
satrabyk

Quote:
I know what im watching, so i wont bother arguing with his play. I play hockey and know what players go through. You hit a high point and the hardest part is battling yourself to continue to never be satisfied and want more everynight, that what seperates great from good.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Ke11y96

I know it is early in the NYR Frolov experiment, however does anyone know if Wolski in Phoenix is still strugglin or sitting on their 4th line? I wanna say he makes a cap hit of 3.8

Is there any way you guys think to shake a deal of say Wolski for Frolov and even it out? Wolski is a much better skater and passer than Frolov and still has that size...He'd be a good cross-wing fit to play on a line with Gabby...

Idk I just can't stand those wrap around attempts and for all he does possession wise with the puck it hardly amounts to much...Plus both goals he has this year he hasn't even really put in himself! A crazy bounce in boston, and a cross ice path that goes in off the dman vs colorado!

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Seriously. I think you and me are the only non-pissed off ones on here right now.
I'm irritated by the refereeing, but in general, pretty happy with the effort tonight. After the second period I posted something along the lines of, "Win or lose, we've put in a good effort."

We're a limited team at this point. Hard work and grit can over cover for a lack of talent to a certain degree. We're .500 right now, which I think is pretty solid all things considered.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Quote:
couple things

It's entirely possible he may be one of the most useless players in the NHL. An offensive defenseman who doesn't contribute offensively.

I was holding out hope that he would be traded. Can't imagine why anyone would be interested in him at this point.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HockeyBasedNYC

Del Zotto =

I am really REALLY hating his game right now. He is playing flat out STUPID. Every night he tries the stretch pass 15 times and it works maybe 5 times. Every night. EVERY NIGHT. Stop it Michael. It isnt working. You are a TURN OVER MACHINE. Its getting to the point where im going to start to blame the coach because its telegraphed for 35 seconds before he lets the pass go. His decisions are leading to breakdowns all over the ice and it has to stop.

Lundqvist played like garbage tonight. No excuses. The Caps know where to shoot on him, and they make it look simple. He's got to bring it a little better at home.

Speaking of which - Home ice - Some homestand.

They need back Gaborik in the worst way, just to get the lines in some sort of order and top defenders away from the Dubinksy line, which for stretches was very good.

Some positives - Boyle, keep shootin that puck. Stepan I thought had a much better game the last two, looks like he might have some production coming. Same goes for Frolov, but hes got to BURY one my god, he is so overdue.

Christensen is wildly inconsistent. Its shift to shift its that bad. Boogaard - LOL.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
I know what im watching, so i wont bother arguing with his play. I play hockey and know what players go through. You hit a high point and the hardest part is battling yourself to continue to never be satisfied and want more everynight, that what seperates great from good.
If you don't play in the pros, then I'll ignore what you just said.

Old
satrabyk

Quote:
He does come out every night... So, let's be real here, he isn't going to be competing with Stamkos for the Rocket. Just because he's not scoring, doesn't mean he's not adding something to the team every night. That's the beauty of hockey.
He did nothing tonight other than lose atleast 90% of battles and was the cause of the first goal and i think another.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
And you're trying to tell me dubinsky is playing like he is satisfied and complacent? Please. The guy works his ass off. He does exactly what you are saying every single night. He just didnt score. He almost scored 2-3 times tonight but missed by INCHES!! Those go in and this conversation isnt even happening.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:49 PM
JeffMangum
~Dylan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'm irritated by the refereeing, but in general, pretty happy with the effort tonight. After the second period I posted something along the lines of, "Win or lose, we've put in a good effort."

We're a limited team at this point. Hard work and grit can over cover for a lack of talent to a certain degree. We're .500 right now, which I think is pretty solid all things considered.
Agreed. The refs have been brutal as of late. We should've had a major powerplay after that knee. And the Fedotenko goal should have counted. This team can be incredibly frustrating at times, and I've learned to live with it.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:50 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

They haven't been getting the breaks lately but you know something...if the season ended today they'd be in the playoffs and there are freaking 67(!!!!) games left so that's a lot of time plus Gabby will be coming back soon.

Callahan is definitely beat up; between his neck, ankle, and a puck in the face, there's no way he's 100% plus going against all the top pairing NHL D for the first time in his career.

They've done fine. The Caps are a superior team. Hopefully they can take advantage of the next two opponents who aren't anything special and get back to the winning ways.

And I agree, Prust shouldn't be a top 9 forward. The sad truth is, Weisse would have been great to try out but he's hurt. Let MZA play a game already.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote