HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers

Old
11-09-2010, 09:51 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

the pp overall is a momentum killer. its time to go to 4 forwards and del zotto.

mike sauer took care of business tonight and thats exactly why he needs to stay in the lineup.
I'd actually take DZ off the PP, thats how bad his entry passes have been the last what... 8 games?

Sure, he needs to develop there but he needs to take a long look at what hes doing out there, all very bad habits IMO.

Throwing long passes from your own zone 10 times and connecting on half or less is not good for the PP IMO, i dont care what he does on the point, which is not much lately btw.

Sauer, yes.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I think MDZ needs to stop trying the long pass. It never turns out good.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Abooch68

I will be doing a capstone about refereeing in the nhl.. comparing calls in the same game... This league is laughable when an "infraction" is called.. and then 5 minutes later the same "infraction" is not called, especially when it has to do with stick infractions...

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:53 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I think MDZ needs to stop trying the long pass. It never turns out good.
Its driving me NUTS.

Old
11-09-2010, 09:54 PM
ecemleafs

Torts just needs to sit down to MDZ and tell him to not do some things in his game. MDZ is trying to do to much...make the perfect play, get goals everytime hes on the ice. That and he needs to limit his ice time, MDZ looks tired, especially in his skating.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:54 PM
SkinsFan09

Was a good game. We were fortunate to come out on top. As for reffing. The refs were fine except the wiped out goal I wouldn't have wiped out. I know it was bang bang but that shouldn't be called unless a player blatantly drive into the goalie. Alzner didn't drive the Rangers guy into the net like some are saying and the Ranger guy didn't drive into the net either. Should've just been a goal. The tripping was a bad call but that happens to every team during the season so no need to cry about that. Should've gone to overtime but what can you do.

To the guy in the GDT who said Beninati was going overboard when the Caps scored...he had the same enthusiasm when the Rangers scored, especially Boogard.

SkinsFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Its driving me NUTS.
I third that. It seems as though EVERY time they are down a goal with the net empty they try these long passes through the neutral zone that get tipped in to the end to chase. Same thing on the PP. Its getting ridiculous

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
And you're trying to tell me dubinsky is playing like he is satisfied and complacent? Please. The guy works his ass off. He does exactly what you are saying every single night. He just didnt score. He almost scored 2-3 times tonight but missed by INCHES!! Those go in and this conversation isnt even happening.
That where your totally wrong, i am the last person to judge someones play based on goals. I thinks Feds, Avery, Prust have all been effective to their abilities without scoring goals. Dubi had 2 chances floating around in the offensive zone yes, both of which was not his usual individual effort but him floating around as he did all game and not ready or bearing down missing both chances. So what your point, missing of those chances are not what am arguing those are just byproducts of his dismall play.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
Was a good game. We were fortunate to come out on top. As for reffing. The refs were fine except the wiped out goal I wouldn't have wiped out. I know it was bang bang but that shouldn't be called unless a player blatantly drive into the goalie. Alzner didn't drive the Rangers guy into the net like some are saying and the Ranger guy didn't drive into the net either. Should've just been a goal. The tripping was a bad call but that happens to every team during the season so no need to cry about that. Should've gone to overtime but what can you do.

To the guy in the GDT who said Beninati was going overboard when the Caps scored...he had the same enthusiasm when the Rangers scored, especially Boogard.
Refereeing was not fine... CONSISTENCY is the biggest problem with the NHL..
forget this headshots.. yea you want to protect players but getting 5 mins for a head shot and boarding compared to 2 mins for alittle hook that doesn't even get called with consistency is ridiculous.. Hell this league isn't even consistent with its headshots..

Old
11-09-2010, 09:57 PM
CaptainCallahan*

Del Zotto really needs to skate it in the zone more. Not only are his home run passes not working, but his skating is looking pretty good.

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:58 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I third that. It seems as though EVERY time they are down a goal with the net empty they try these long passes through the neutral zone that get tipped in to the end to chase. Same thing on the PP. Its getting ridiculous
Its all the time with him. Just because he did it 4 times successfully springing Gaborik for goals, doesnt mean a majority of the rest of the team can catch those passes, which btw arent on the mark right now.

Skate it in, pass it, dump it in like a normal hockey player.

I still dont understand why the team doesnt use the cross corner flip in with the personnel they are using on the PP. Double team the d down low with a soft lollipop, instead of giving the puck away like a bunch of dumb ******.

They love giving away possession on the PP and 4 on 4. This team has to learn how to hold it or regroup instead of giving free outs all of the time.

Old
11-09-2010, 09:58 PM
SkinsFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Refereeing was not fine... CONSISTENCY is the biggest problem with the NHL..
Which is what every fan of every team in every league whines about.

There are ticky tack calls every game. The only call this game where I said wow that was plain wrong was the called back goal for the Rangers which should've counted. Could've called the knee on knee on Hendricks for incidental contact.

Old
11-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Snipe that ****, Boogie.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:00 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Del Zotto will stop with the end-to-end passes soon enough. He made some awesome plays like that last year, but the league has now adjusted to him. Everyone is ready and expecting it. Del Zotto will adjust. He's a baby, he's still only 20.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:01 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Which is what every fan of every team in every league whines about.

There are ticky tack calls every game. The only call this game where I said wow that was plain wrong was the called back goal for the Rangers which should've counted. Could've called the knee on knee on Hendricks for incidental contact.
So the goal taken from us was wrong, the tripping call that lead to your first goal was wrong, and a missed call on your guy that ended up leading to a PP for you...so yeah, we're pissed. Maybe it evens out, but no one cares about that right now.

This is the Rangers GDT, please stop telling our posters to not be irritated.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:02 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post

Snipe that ****, Boogie.
Tyler Sloan is such a terrible hockey player.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:02 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Del Zotto will stop with the end-to-end passes soon enough. He made some awesome plays like that last year, but the league has now adjusted to him. Everyone is ready and expecting it. Del Zotto will adjust. He's a baby, he's still only 20.
I agree, but this isnt something thats been going on for a few games. Its been the whole season. Thats a REALLY easy thing to change in your game. Just dont do it. Its becoming a little puzzling for me. Unless the coaching staff demands it of him, and if thats the case its on them to cool it.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:03 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
I agree, but this isnt something thats been going on for a few games. Its been the whole season. Thats a REALLY easy thing to change in your game. Just dont do it. Its becoming a little puzzling for me. Unless the coaching staff demands it of him, and if thats the case its on them to cool it.
Oh, yeah, I agree. He really does need to stop, now.

I surmise though that it's something that he has been doing for his entire life, and he's having a hard time all the sudden giving it up.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Abooch68

get rid of the two referees.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:05 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
That where your totally wrong, i am the last person to judge someones play based on goals. I thinks Feds, Avery, Prust have all been effective to their abilities without scoring goals. Dubi had 2 chances floating around in the offensive zone yes, both of which was not his usual individual effort but him floating around as he did all game and not ready or bearing down missing both chances. So what your point, missing of those chances are not what am arguing those are just byproducts of his dismall play.
Huh? I cant understand what your completely saying in that last sentence. But anyways, he was not "floating" around. Petr Nedved was a player who "floated" around. Dubinsky skates hard, he works hard, he battles in the corners and behind the net. He did that tonight. Not to mention he dropped the gloves with Mike Green. He didnt "float" to get into position for those scoring chances. You seem to be a product of a typical new york fan overreacting after a bad loss and looking to pin it on someone. There were flaws in this team tonight. Dubinsky, though not as stellar as he has been all season, was not one of them.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:05 PM
SkinsFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
So the goal taken from us was wrong, the tripping call that lead to your first goal was wrong, and a missed call on your guy that ended up leading to a PP for you...so yeah, we're pissed. Maybe it evens out, but no one cares about that right now.

This is the Rangers GDT, please stop telling our posters to not be irritated.
I'm not arguing that you shouldn't be upset. In fact, if I were a Ranger fan I'd be pretty damn mad. I'm just saying it is what is. The NHL and every league has given us inconsistent officiating. What's worse is in the NHL and NFL, they are now trying to cut down on headshots which is just another decision for refs to make.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post

Snipe that ****, Boogie.
Boudreau's face is priceless. Priceless.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Abooch68

I just don't understand why broadcasters and the media doesn't make a bigger deal about the refereeing.. It baffles me.

Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
I'm not arguing that you shouldn't be upset. In fact, if I were a Ranger fan I'd be pretty damn mad. I'm just saying it is what is. The NHL and every league has given us inconsistent officiating. What's worse is in the NHL and NFL, they are now trying to cut down on headshots which is just another decision for refs to make.
Agreed. I rarely ***** about the refereeing or claim that it played a major part in a win/loss, but tonight was just frustrating. We have a young, scrappy team that simply can't compensate for the refs stacking the deck against us.

Old
11-09-2010, 10:08 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Its all the time with him. Just because he did it 4 times successfully springing Gaborik for goals, doesnt mean a majority of the rest of the team can catch those passes, which btw arent on the mark right now.

Skate it in, pass it, dump it in like a normal hockey player.

I still dont understand why the team doesnt use the cross corner flip in with the personnel they are using on the PP. Double team the d down low with a soft lollipop, instead of giving the puck away like a bunch of dumb ******.

They love giving away possession on the PP and 4 on 4. This team has to learn how to hold it or regroup instead of giving free outs all of the time.
Well thats the main problem. Those passes worked for Gaborik because he is the best and most capable one on this team of receiving those outlet passes. Gaborik is great in stride, and if he is not in full stride he can receive the puck and just take off. There isnt that same type of explosiveness in really ANY of our other forwards. That seems to be the problem right now. Del Zotto needs to learn how to adjust his game to be effective with different players. Those passes have not worked at all with Gaborik out. If you can remember it was one of those passes that sprung gaborik last year in washington during the regular season that led to a goal right above the middle of the circles.