HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers

Old
11-09-2010, 11:10 PM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I love how the crowd immediately chants BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! after everyone screamed for the goal

So what i take from the GDT is, the rangers should have won but absolute bull**** reffing had other plans eh?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:11 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
I love how the crowd immediately chants BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! after everyone screamed for the goal

So what i take from the GDT is, the rangers should have won but absolute bull**** reffing had other plans eh?
Essentially, lol.

11-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I don't know what everybody's *****ing about with the refs.....

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:16 PM
terrrrrible

2nd? game in a row where we get ****ed by the refs and it completely kills our momentum. I didn't expect us to win this game at all, but the way we came out, I thought we'd be able to hang onto it.

terrrrrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:16 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I don't know what everybody's *****ing about with the refs.....
The Christensen call.

The non-call on Hendricks.

The call back of Fedotenko's good goal.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Abooch68

seriously though.. it's like the media is afraid to make a bigger deal about inconsistent refereeing in this league...

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
seriously though.. it's like the media is afraid to make a bigger deal about inconsistent refereeing in this league...
Referees are untouchable in American sports. You may get a few words here and there, but that's it. Once it's over, it's over. It just makes for good sports radio.

In Europe when referees make really bad calls they get roasted for it.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:29 PM
SkinsFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Reffing is inconsistent in every league though. What would the media talking about it do? What do you propose the NHL do? It's human nature to be inconsistent.

SkinsFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrrrrible View Post
2nd? game in a row where we get ****ed by the refs and it completely kills our momentum. I didn't expect us to win this game at all, but the way we came out, I thought we'd be able to hang onto it.
We always let leads slip away, especially against Washington. It happens every season, and it makes my head explode...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:45 PM
ThisYearsModel

Entertaining game. Rangers worked hard and deserved better. Doubly tough to take when it is NOT OV, Backstrom, Semin who beats you. Tough to watch a ref 10 feet away watching while the idiot out at center ice makes a boarding call. The goal denial was bogus, but Van Massenhoven has always hosed the Rangers. We have been hosed out of a goal in each of the last 2 games by the zebras. That said, they play harder and more physically than I remember for a very long time. Sauer looks like the real deal. Some more talent and they are in good shape for the future.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:46 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'd actually take DZ off the PP, thats how bad his entry passes have been the last what... 8 games?

Sure, he needs to develop there but he needs to take a long look at what hes doing out there, all very bad habits IMO.

Throwing long passes from your own zone 10 times and connecting on half or less is not good for the PP IMO, i dont care what he does on the point, which is not much lately btw.

Sauer, yes.
Yes, it really does look like MDZ is repeating the same thing over and over. I felt like screaming the other night when he made a pass half the length of the ice on the powerplay.
No need for it. It didn't work and it screwed up the whole thing and lost valuable time having to regain.

What I don't get is whether the coaches
a. notice it
b. want to change it

MDZ can adapt, but not if he doesn't know what he is doing wrong.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:16 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
MDZ and Rosie blew the last goal but let's all call a spade a spade lundqvist out played again by a rookie. he made the saves when it counted and hank didn't the one soft goal a game kills vs top end teams. this is what sucks they play a great team with a depleted roster hang in all game and then wham a mistake and they lose. rosie lost the puck 2 times and why did mdz make such a horrible back pass, Rangers really unlucky tonight
I don't think Neurvith outplayed Hank at all. We didn't really test him with many quality chances, despite all the shots.

We also had a ton of sustained pressure that lead to no quality chances on a lot of different shifts. So frustrating, because it's awesome when you can cycle the puck the way we did tonight but then to have nothing come of it is really disheartening. I guess that's what we get for pretty much having 4 grinding lines lol

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:17 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'd actually take DZ off the PP, thats how bad his entry passes have been the last what... 8 games?

Sure, he needs to develop there but he needs to take a long look at what hes doing out there, all very bad habits IMO.

Throwing long passes from your own zone 10 times and connecting on half or less is not good for the PP IMO, i dont care what he does on the point, which is not much lately btw.

Sauer, yes.
If we take MDZ off the PP, given not permanent, we might as well send him a message by scratching him for a game or two.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:18 AM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

@Russostrib: #nyrangers sniper Derek Boogaard just texted me: "it finally got drilled into my head, I gotta shoot more like rolston!"

Old
11-10-2010, 12:36 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

I was ecstatic during the first two periods.
Quite unimpressed by the third period.

But in all seriousness, we're 7-7-1 without our top two scorers from last year and one of our best PKers + Captain.

Gaborik comes back soon which is so much more important then Gaborik just being reinserted into the lineup but now Dubi - AA - Cally won't see the top dmen or top line from other teams. Gaborik should be able to get Frolov, and maybe even Christensen going...although again, if it were up to me Christensen would be nowhere near that top line.

If Stepan plays the same way he's been playing the past two games against Buffalo on Thursday, I want to give him a shot with Gaborik on Sunday assuming that's when Gabby returns.

Trying to keep a level head.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:38 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post

Some poor calls which each had an impact on the game, bad bad bad D and missed rebounds that a pee-wee player would have buried.

Seriously some real morons in this thread. Not gonna bother naming them anyone with anys ense will read this thread and pick the 1 or 2 of them out very easily. Unreal how dumb some people are trying desperately to make points about players who are overachieving yet they're somehow bad.

The dumb mistakes are frustrating though. Young and not elite offensively does not excuse the bad passes and two guys in front of the net getting outmuscled on the puck for an easy shot on the goalie. Not covering the front of the net when rebounds pop out and letting in soft goals. 3 goals all D or goalie mistakes. The better the team the harder we choke it's been that way for a while now.

But I know what I'm seeing and what I'm seeing is a team missing one player (not counting the ones who are out) You get Gabs back and add one more player and this team clearly has it now. The BAR, Boyle, young fairly good D (with 1 or 2 exceptions but every team has that). You add Gabs and a near elite player to that? Either a youngster in the system, a group of good youngsters or a big and GOOD signing (I'm starting to be converted into wanting Richards because of how close we are) and this is a top team.

Of course it is possible the BAR line dissappears, gabs remains Mr. Glass and there goes that idea...Let's not forget every year Dubs has a line that start to the season overachieves scoring wise. Most logical people realized the scoring would not continue so we'll find out what the scoring expectation should be for this line. Cally being hurt might be the reason for the shutouts of this line recently or it might be they're exposed finally.

I gotta say overall though missing Gabs who is a 40 g 80 pt guy and defensively very reliable hurts and cost us 2 or 3 games so far.

Last edited by JimmyStart*: 11-10-2010 at 12:44 AM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Christensen called for a phantom trip. Puck ends up in the back of the net. VERY questionable goalie interference call (looked to me like the defenseman made way more contact than our guy did) and a goal was called back.

i felt we deserved the win tonight. got screwed by some terribad reffing.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:23 AM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
Was a good game. We were fortunate to come out on top. As for reffing. The refs were fine except the wiped out goal I wouldn't have wiped out. I know it was bang bang but that shouldn't be called unless a player blatantly drive into the goalie. Alzner didn't drive the Rangers guy into the net like some are saying and the Ranger guy didn't drive into the net either. Should've just been a goal. The tripping was a bad call but that happens to every team during the season so no need to cry about that. Should've gone to overtime but what can you do.

To the guy in the GDT who said Beninati was going overboard when the Caps scored...he had the same enthusiasm when the Rangers scored, especially Boogard.
wait, the rangers had a goal taken away from them again? i missed part of the game.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
hey at least were better than the Devils

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
When Gabby comes back:

Frolov Boyle Gabby
Duby Ani Cally

huh...huh.?

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:43 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
wait, the rangers had a goal taken away from them again? i missed part of the game.
Yeah, one trickled in over the line on Neuvirth. Apparently the ruling was that our player caused contact with the goalie, directly resulting in the goal. Which was BS, as our guy went into the goalie aided by the defender tying him up. Crap call. I forget who it was that "ran" the goalie.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:49 AM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah, one trickled in over the line on Neuvirth. Apparently the ruling was that our player caused contact with the goalie, directly resulting in the goal. Which was BS, as our guy went into the goalie aided by the defender tying him up. Crap call. I forget who it was that "ran" the goalie.
Fedotneko, and I believe it was Schultz defending him.

Old
11-10-2010, 01:54 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Fedotneko, and I believe it was Schultz defending him.
That's right, it was Feds. I remember the incredulous look on his face in the corner.

He had a rough game. I'm about done with him, too.

Old
11-10-2010, 01:58 AM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
That's right, it was Feds. I remember the incredulous look on his face in the corner.

He had a rough game. I'm about done with him, too.
i think torts should just stick him with avery and don't separate them.

if he is still invisible for a couple of weeks, should think about calling up zuccarello

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:01 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
i think torts should just stick him with avery and don't separate them.

if he is still invisible for a couple of weeks, should think about calling up zuccarello
He's fine defensively and does some nice things in the corners on occasion, but he is providing zero offense. He played his way into a contract with that awesome offensive preseason, but it's not translating now that the games count.