HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

NCAA All-Star Game?

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2005, 10:39 PM
biggy105

vCash: 500
NCAA All-Star Game?

Wouldnt it be a great idea to have an NCAA all-star game. How much fun would it be to see the best players from the Esat and the best from the West. It would be a great event and attract a lot of ppl.....major junior does it, why not NCAA...

Old
05-20-2005, 07:22 PM
BSensSpezza939

Send a message via AIM to BSensSpezza939
well first let's take it that mostly no one cares about hockey in the USA and no channel company would provide it. Hell yeah it would pretty damn sweet if it actually happened

Old
05-20-2005, 07:28 PM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
the only good way to do this would be to have it on the off-day of the frozen four. otherwise no one would go, unfortunately

Old
05-20-2005, 09:59 PM
kalehr

Didn't there used to be a WCHA all star team that actually played games? I think they would play games in September, before the college hockey season started. I seem to remember there was one in 2001 and I think they were supposed to play a series of games in Europe but had to cancel them due to the whole 9/11 aftermath and concerns about Americans traveling overseas. If there was an NCAA all-star game they could do it either after the college hockey season is over or before it begins. I personally vote for playing the game before the season begins because many college hockey fans (such as myself ) are usually very eager for the college hockey season to begin, so IMHO, this would be a great way to kick off the season. They'd just need to choose a location where there would be enough interest to draw enough fans. That shouldn't be too hard to do, provided they plan and market the game appropriately.

Old
05-21-2005, 04:04 PM
puckMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSensSpezza939
well first let's take it that mostly no one cares about hockey in the USA and no channel company would provide it. Hell yeah it would pretty damn sweet if it actually happened
I could see CSTV showing a college hockey all star game.

Old
05-21-2005, 05:55 PM
BSensSpezza939

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckMAN
Sure its possible, but I would really doubt it though. I mean come on 99.8% of USA hates hockey period.

Old
05-21-2005, 05:57 PM
kalehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckMAN
Or ESPNU

Old
05-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

The reason College Football has All-Star bowls is to showcase talent for the draft, which is largely moot for college hockey.

Old
05-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Sure its possible, but I would really doubt it though. I mean come on 99.8% of USA hates hockey period.

That is an exaggeration and you know it.
Stop being an idiot and realize that it is a niche regional sport in the US and has lots of loyal fans.

Old
05-21-2005, 09:05 PM
BSensSpezza939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky
That is an exaggeration and you know it.
Stop being an idiot and realize that it is a niche regional sport in the US and has lots of loyal fans.
Sure I'm exaggerating but I mean come on dude the only sections of the US that really enjoy hockey is the Northeast, Mid West, and the rockies region and then the rest you have small portions of the other regions.

Old
05-21-2005, 11:17 PM
NCAA Hockey Fan

They use to play an East-West shrine game which was college seniors,but it got no attendance. I went to a it in Orono(Maine) a couple times and I believe it was played at the Whitt(New Hampshire) after that. Then if i'm not mistaken they played against CIS All Star teams for a couple years and then it was dumped.

Old
05-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Sure I'm exaggerating but I mean come on dude the only sections of the US that really enjoy hockey is the Northeast, Mid West, and the rockies region and then the rest you have small portions of the other regions.

Well its not a warm weather sport, its not going to do well in warm weather regions because most people didn't grow up either playing it or watching it. So what, my point is that it doesn't matter. There is only one NCAA team in the south and they aren't very good anyway. College hockey is regional and most of us like it that way.

An all-star game would be cool but i don't think it would happen because as Hasbro said, the all-star games are done to showcase for a draft and a lot of the top-tier have already been drafted.

Closed Thread