HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Phantoms] Greg Gilbert fired, replaced by John Paddock for now

Old
11-10-2010, 07:12 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
You seem to think I refuse to blame Maroon...

When did I say Maroon had no fault in all of this?

You have this serious issue with putting words into my mouth that I never said.

What I have said, and it's something that I continue to remain steadfast about, is that this entire thing could have been avoided if Gilbert had not been the coach. That doesn't mean Maroon didn't make things worse or played no part in it, but when you start to hear that it's not a problem with just one player, then you have to think that there is something going on among the brass. Holmgren should have stepped in LONG before it ever came to this.

These players did not have a history of incidents until Gilbert came.

Gilbert has a history of incidents before he even came here.

Now a player and a coach are gone.

Use your brain to figure out just what might be going on in Adirondack.

We don't know for sure, but even you should be able to guess that it somehow involved Gilbert mishandling prospects.

EDIT: Funny how you mentioned before that Pither might have deserved time on the fourth line as a purely skill player with no physical game or defensive game. As soon as Paddock gets there, Pither is moved back up to a scoring line. It's not rocket science NWO; not rocket science at all.
purely your opinion, not fact as you like to believe. What if Maroon had a substance abuse propblem. How would that have been avoided by Gilbert not being there?
I know had they had another coach maybe he wouldnt have needed substances. Not saying Maroon had any issues like that at all by the way, just an example.

As for pither, he could have been put on the 4th line for many reasons. Your right it isnt rocket science. so stop looking at only 1 side of the coin Cliff.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 07:19 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
If read what I wrote, you'd see that I'm not absolving Maroon from anything at all. As a professional, he's paid a very nice sum of money to play. If he had issues with the coach and if he tried to resolve the issues with his coach and they weren't taken care of, then he needed to go to Holmgren and address his concerns. Instead, Maroon tried to lead a mutiny, which no matter what, is inexcusable.

However, Idiot Stick the head coach has a documented history of running players out of town that he doesn't like. Whether you want to admit it or not, that's something that can't be ignored. He's been through three different franchises and he's had similar issues with all three franchises. At some point, it becomes more than a "coincidence" that there's a problem.

It's clear that there were some serious issues in the locker room and that a full house cleaning might be expected. Fact is, Idiot Stick has managed to alienate most of, if not, all the team with the way he handled his top scorer. Maroon tried to lead a mutiny against Idiot Stick and was exiled from the team. Finally, Holmgren had to go in and get rid of Idiot Stick because the damage done to the team was just too much.

I'm willing to bet that we see a complete 180 by the team in the upcoming weeks with Paddock behind the helm. And when it does, people will realize that the problem wasn't Pat Maroon, it was Idiot Stick. Maroon acted in a completely unprofessional manner though and he's got to be held accountable for that.
There is no doubt the coach needed to go. Clean house and start fresh. Everyone seems to think the problems with Maroon and the coach are exclusive to each other. They dont have to be. They could be separate issues. If it was the coach he would have been fired first. Even Shooter wouldn’t mess that up. No one knows what the problems where with Maroon. They could have been off ice issues. That is all I am saying. Look beyond the coaching for his issues. To say because of Gilbert, Maroon is not here imo is silly. All this fuss over a borderline prospect is good reading though.

Old
11-10-2010, 08:21 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
if thats the case then maroon doesnt have an attitude problem he has leadership ability. we definitely need to get him back
Funny how much of a fine line that is.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:41 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Everyone seems to think the problems with Maroon and the coach are exclusive to each other. They dont have to be. They could be separate issues.
Maybe you should stick to using words whose definitions and proper usage you understand while trying to sound like an idiot from now on.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:59 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Maybe you should stick to using words whose definitions and proper usage you understand while trying to sound like an idiot from now on.
I am not saying my typing skills and grammar are great by any means, but sometimes I have to read that guys posts more then a couple of times to figure out what hes saying.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:02 PM
jb**

Quote:
i will see what i can do tough guy. Go listen to the song small man big mouth. you might like it you rat rink.

Old
11-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Flyskippy

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:07 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
i will see what i can do tough guy. Go listen to the song small man big mouth. you might like it you rat rink.
You pick a fight with everyone you talk to on this board and yet you label me as the small man with a big mouth, internet tough guy?

You are, hands down, the dumbest and most aggressive person on this board. So, keep on living in denial, you internet tough guy you.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:58 PM
jb**

Quote:
You pick a fight with everyone you talk to on this board and yet you label me as the small man with a big mouth, internet tough guy?

You are, hands down, the dumbest and most aggressive person on this board. So, keep on living in denial, you internet tough guy you.
You calling me the dumbest I consider a compliment. I am glad I am not as smart as you. Your knowledge is uncanny.

Old
11-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
You calling me the dumbest I consider a compliment. I am glad I am not as smart as you. Your knowledge is uncanny.
You are an idiot though.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:43 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
You are an idiot though.
i know you are but what am I?

Old
11-10-2010, 07:45 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Maybe you guys should pull your dicks out and see who has the bigger one and just settle based on that. I'm grow weary of your fighting.

Go meet up and have a duel already. 10 strides. Turn and fire.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 07:38 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
Maybe you guys should pull your dicks out and see who has the bigger one and just settle based on that. I'm grow weary of your fighting.

Man that would be awesome.

Last edited by DUHockey9: 11-11-2010 at 07:46 AM.
DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Terence Peterman

Breaking: NWO torpedoes another thread.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Man that would be awesome.
especially if the weapon of choice is a blunderbuss.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:08 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Guys stop with the personal attacks

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:03 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post

There is already too much violence in this area. I dont want to be charged for homicide again even if it is self defense.

Old
11-11-2010, 12:08 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
especially if the weapon of choice is a blunderbuss.

I'm no weapons expert, but shouldn't he be bracing the gun a little higher to avoid a really debilitating recoil-related injury?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I'm no weapons expert, but shouldn't he be bracing the gun a little higher to avoid a really debilitating recoil-related injury?
that gun looks like it would hurt like hell to fire from the shoulder. balancing it on the hip is perfectly valid, and from my experience, easier to take recoil. aiming is a no go. and for the love of god, don't place it on the ballsack.

fun off topic fact: some early firearms were braced against the chest. this led to terrible injuries in some cases.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote