HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators vs. Thrashers|Game 15|7:30 pm|SNET-E

Old
11-10-2010, 01:18 AM
hockeyfan747

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dystemper View Post
haha. i think miller's finally getting worn down by having to backstop a very mediocre defense for the last couple seasons. he started the season injured too, tried to play through it. once he gets hot, buffalo could very easily turn around. you don't need much offence when you've got a guy like that in nets.
I am just hoping that this is "regular" Ryan Miller. Before last season he never had a save percentage above a .918, he had a .911, .906 and then a .918, then he pulled out the .929 last year. I am hoping that the .918 and below is the Ryan Miller we see from here on out and that last year was just a fluke year. It seems plausible that this could happen, and given his start, it seems like this year could be the start of it. Also, Buffalo's roster sports one of, if not the, weakest D corps in the NHL. That is an awful lot of weight for Miller to carry. There is always hoping I hate the Sabres as much as I hate the Leafs

hockeyfan747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:41 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Jason Spezza named tonights 1st star on nhl.com. Good for him. They took him over Carey Price (shutout/34 saves) and Eric Staal with 4 assists

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I only saw the first two periods and I was also a goalie. I agree with what you said. I say give him a rest, from the moment after he made his first save tonight, and that powerplay goal went in easily...I was worried about his night could be like.

Luckily we stormed back and took momentum but the reality is a break couldn't/shouldn't hurt him. Vancouver's actually not that bad of a matchup for Leclaire either.
For Elliott's sake, give him a break. This way, he exits on a high note, and his mojo isn't compromised.

If Clouston waits until he falters before putting in Leclaire, we'll just be jumping right back on the carousel.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 04:43 AM
Bilbo Baggins

I just watched the game on PVR, and I am blown away by our power play. It seems like a short time ago we were complaining that other teams were cheating on our defense as they didn't respect their point shots. Karlsson and Gonchar are amazing. I wish I could figure out how Karlsson gets such a canon of a shot out of that skinny little frame of his. And they are both pretty accurate to boot.

I hope CC keeps Spezza and Kovalev together for a while. Kovalev seems like a completely different player, and I think they could really develop something special together (hockeywise, of course).

Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
I just watched the game on PVR, and I am blown away by our power play. It seems like a short time ago we were complaining that other teams were cheating on our defense as they didn't respect their point shots. Karlsson and Gonchar are amazing. I wish I could figure out how Karlsson gets such a canon of a shot out of that skinny little frame of his. And they are both pretty accurate to boot.

I hope CC keeps Spezza and Kovalev together for a while. Kovalev seems like a completely different player, and I think they could really develop something special together (hockeywise, of course).
for the first time ever under cc, everyone is playing where they should be and in roles they are comfortable in.
I wonder if Tim Murray stepped in finally.

I know it was just the thrashers, but what a great game top to bottom.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:38 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

The umbrella with two good point shooters is our new PP system. That's why Ottawa's become so lethal on the PP.

Movement --> Open Lanes --> Scoring Chances

Keys to the PP for Ottawa.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:47 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Like at every level, from a rec league on up, it takes time for teams to gel. If you throw 5 guys out there that have never played together before, it's going to be ugly.

We have too many weapons for our PP to struggle for too long.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I only saw the first two periods and I was also a goalie. I agree with what you said. I say give him a rest, from the moment after he made his first save tonight, and that powerplay goal went in easily...I was worried about his night could be like.

Luckily we stormed back and took momentum but the reality is a break couldn't/shouldn't hurt him. Vancouver's actually not that bad of a matchup for Leclaire either.
Ya when i turned the TV on for tjhe game, the Thrashers were going on the PP. Few seconds later they scored and Elliott didn't seem ready to play. I was like : Fuhr said easy win, and it begins like this... uh-oh

But the Sens elevated their play like mad and controlled the rest of the period and period 2 as well, Elliott didn't have to make very hard saves. So he had time to get confortable and also less pressure with a 4-1 and 5-1 lead

But all in all, it was perfect : the Sens got an easy win and Elliott didn't needed to be at his best.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 03:07 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Am I the only one who thought Alfie looked a bit off? He wasn't as hard on the puck as usual.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best WorstPoster View Post
for the first time ever under cc, everyone is playing where they should be and in roles they are comfortable in.
I wonder if Tim Murray stepped in finally.

I know it was just the thrashers, but what a great game top to bottom.
Why Tim Murray would be involved with coaching?

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote