HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Sign Sergei Bobrovsky

Old
05-14-2010, 10:10 AM
flountown

vCash: 500
Can't we all just realize that the influx of possible Euro's to our team means one awesome thing, EXCUSES TO GET CRAZY EUROPEAN JERSEYS!!!

Unfortunately, Metallurg Novokuznetsk jersey is kind of dull...but who doesn't love Cyrillic, right?

Now, if Joakim Ericcson eventually turns into something, his jerseys seem to be way more exciting:

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:35 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
you would like that wouldnt you.
not at all but it would be funny

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:40 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Can't we all just realize that the influx of possible Euro's to our team means one awesome thing, EXCUSES TO GET CRAZY EUROPEAN JERSEYS!!!

Unfortunately, Metallurg Novokuznetsk jersey is kind of dull...but who doesn't love Cyrillic, right?

Now, if Joakim Ericcson eventually turns into something, his jerseys seem to be way more exciting:

Maybe it's just me, but I love the European jerseys. I tried getting a Suomi Finland jersey but nowhere in London, Ontario can I find one. I'd also like to get a Team Canada jersey from the Spengler Cup. Those are cool jerseys as well.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:44 AM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
WS = World Series for the Phillies.

Cars were flipped over, my brother told me people were pushing over lightposts? Wow. Lighting on fire, but as far as I know, nothing of the personal property and no looting occurred.
There was definently looting . I remember seeing on the news the security video of a bunch of people breaking through the window of a luggage store and stealing a bunch of suitcases.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:56 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I love the European jerseys. I tried getting a Suomi Finland jersey but nowhere in London, Ontario can I find one. I'd also like to get a Team Canada jersey from the Spengler Cup. Those are cool jerseys as well.
Euro jerseys are awesome, currently I only have 1, the Belfast Giants.

Circa what year are you looking for a Team Canada jersey, my guess would be its the standard Hockey Canada, not Olympic, jersey from whatever time period. Also, it shouldn't be too difficult to find. An authentic might be tough, but a basic replica should be pretty common.

Old
05-14-2010, 11:10 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Euro jerseys are awesome, currently I only have 1, the Belfast Giants.

Circa what year are you looking for a Team Canada jersey, my guess would be its the standard Hockey Canada, not Olympic, jersey from whatever time period. Also, it shouldn't be too difficult to find. An authentic might be tough, but a basic replica should be pretty common.
I want to buy one of these jerseys:

http://flyersicehockey.com/club/inde...d=45&Itemid=85

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 11:23 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I want to buy one of these jerseys:

http://flyersicehockey.com/club/inde...d=45&Itemid=85
http://www.flyersicehockey.com/store...54b43ab6ee44ed

Only 50 Euros! Why don't you have it already?

Other sizes, personally, I'd go for the away version... http://www.flyersicehockey.com/store...e=products_all

Old
11-10-2010, 02:15 PM
TheTaekster

This came up when I googled "sergei bobrovosky jersey"

He didn't take too long to win me over. I haven't felt this good about a goalie since Boucher's rookie season. I think I'm gonna go knock on every wooden object in my apartment now.

TheTaekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonMTG View Post
This came up when I googled "sergei bobrovosky jersey"

He didn't take too long to win me over. I haven't felt this good about a goalie since Boucher's rookie season. I think I'm gonna go knock on every wooden object in my apartment now.
He still has some things to work out but I love how he has frozen the puck like Reese has coached him to do and now he is starting to get a little confident with the stick. Gotta give Homer some credit on this find, supposedly they recruited the kid on a ex-Bruins scouts word and not really seeing a lot of film on him.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:48 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Personally I can't wait to hear the arguments among Flyers fans who is "better"...Bob or Ericsson if Ericsson turns out to be a legit prospect as well and starts playing for the Flyers. It will be similar to the Carter vs Giroux pissing match. I personally will be changing my handle to "Bobophan" ....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:51 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Personally I can't wait to hear the arguments among Flyers fans who is "better"...Bob or Ericsson if Ericsson turns out to be a legit prospect as well and starts playing for the Flyers. It will be similar to the JVR vs Giroux pissing match. I personally will be changing my handle to "Bobophan" ....
Fixed

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:55 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Personally I can't wait to hear the arguments among Flyers fans who is "better"...Bob or Ericsson if Ericsson turns out to be a legit prospect as well and starts playing for the Flyers. It will be similar to the Carter vs Giroux pissing match. I personally will be changing my handle to "Bobophan" ....
It depends on whether you like Bobrovsky's acrobatics or Eriksson's ability to swallow pucks.

Old
11-10-2010, 02:55 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
It depends on whether you like Bobrovsky's acrobatics or Eriksson's black hole.
Or whether you like Eriksson's black hole or back hole.

Edit. Nice, quick edit there Chris, haha.

Quote:
It depends on whether you like Bobrovsky's acrobatics or Eriksson's ability to swallow pucks.
Or whether you like Eriksson's ability to swallow pucks or his ability to swallow in general.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:59 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Or whether you like Eriksson's black hole or back hole.

Edit. Nice, quick edit there Chris, haha.
Had to. Some people have some messed up minds.

Quote:

Or whether you like Eriksson's ability to swallow pucks or his ability to swallow in general.
I can't win.

Old
11-10-2010, 03:00 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Great signing!!

I'm thinking put in the AHL next year as the starter. Then after next season make him our back up. Give him some starts and build from there. Hopefully by then Eriksson will be in N.A.
I thought Shelley was a great signing? Indeed, there is a whole thread dedicated to this act of overwhelming brain power!

Old
11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
I think Bob personally can achieve many feats such as swallowing swords....

Old
11-10-2010, 03:08 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=772861

I looked back at my old poll:

Bobrovsky - 24
Eriksson - 25
Too close to call - 8
Other (Riopel, Morrison, De Serres, Phillips, Stewart) - 2

Old
11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=772861

I looked back at my old poll:

Bobrovsky - 24
Eriksson - 25
Too close to call - 8
Other (Riopel, Morrison, De Serres, Phillips, Stewart) - 2
That poll was fairly useless because most people had more exposure to Eriksson than Bob, just as a poll now would be useless because more people have had exposure to Bob than Eriksson.

Once we actually see both of them play, in NA, behind similar teams, then we can attempt to make a comparison.

Old
11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
That poll was fairly useless because most people had more exposure to Eriksson than Bob, just as a poll now would be useless because more people have had exposure to Bob than Eriksson.

Once we actually see both of them play, in NA, behind similar teams, then we can attempt to make a comparison.
I was thinking about rehashing the poll, but it'd be even more useless now.

Everyone would immediately jump on Bob because they've seen him in the NHL.

At least back when I made that poll, I was one of the few who had seen both in action.

Old
11-10-2010, 03:20 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
I was thinking about rehashing the poll, but it'd be even more useless now.

Everyone would immediately jump on Bob because they've seen him in the NHL.

At least back when I made that poll, I was one of the few who had seen both in action.
Yeah, but we had discussed (and hyped) Eriksson for months before we even signed Bob, so the opinions were likely jaded towards Sunshine, imo.

Anyway, as I have said before, I have never been more excited about 2 prospects than I am these two guys. Not only are the talented, but they are intelligent, humble and hard working. I couldn't ask for better guys to root for.

Old
11-10-2010, 03:24 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

So do we have our version of Beezer and Richter? I just hope it doesn't turn into a Halak and Price debacle. Man did St Louis really make out on that so far....although Price has picked it up...

Old
11-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Personally I can't wait to hear the arguments among Flyers fans who is "better"...Bob or Ericsson if Ericsson turns out to be a legit prospect as well and starts playing for the Flyers. It will be similar to the Carter vs Giroux pissing match. I personally will be changing my handle to "Bobsiephan" ....
Fixed, but a legit handle, not a mock one.

Old
11-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Yeah, but we had discussed (and hyped) Eriksson for months before we even signed Bob, so the opinions were likely jaded towards Sunshine, imo.

Anyway, as I have said before, I have never been more excited about 2 prospects than I am these two guys. Not only are the talented, but they are intelligent, humble and hard working. I couldn't ask for better guys to root for.
Difference between the two is Bobrovsky has already played at an elite level, Eriksson is just getting his feet wet. Not a bad situation if both work out though.

Old
11-10-2010, 04:13 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
It's fun having our own mysterious Euro prospect, we'll be talking ourselves into a Vezina trophy for him by August.
Does November count?

Quote:
Bobrovsky's weakness isn't his glove, it's his rebound control. He is a first save machine and has a really good glove hand. He needs to control his rebounds. Jeff Reese helped with Boucher's and Leighton's rebound control to an extent. Let's give him a shot with Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
...lets let him play in the NHL before we decide what his strengths and weaknesses are at this level.
His rebound control looks pretty damn good to me

Its fun going back and reading this thread.

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
Does November count?

His rebound control looks pretty damn good to me

Its fun going back and reading this thread.
I also said this:

Quote:
He isn't easily rattled. He's a very calm, decisive goalie from what I've seen. He isn't going to toy around with the puck behind the net though I'm not entirely sure if that's because he's been taught to play that way or because of personal preference.

People say that rebound control is his weakness, but I didn't see any real issue with it when I watched him. He's pretty quick and doesn't play small in net like I've noticed with Riopel. What I mean by that is that he controls his crease and plays like he owns it, not that he's going to punch somebody or anything. Maybe it's a hard concept to explain. I guess, he is the dominant figure there as opposed to Riopel who I've noticed plays sort of like he's working against this monumental cage behind him. It's not a direct reference to size but play-style, attitude, and confidence.

I did put some clips up of his best saves from this season provided by EuroFlyers. At least he said they were some of his best saves. I'll have to look that up again and post it.

I will caution you though that what I've seen is a small sample size. I'll have a much better idea come summer camps.