HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roszival out 8-10 days: Shoulder Sprain

Old
11-10-2010, 04:41 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r..._rozsival_out/

Michal Rozsival will miss 7-10 days with a shoulder strain that the team, at this point, does not believe will require surgery.

Hes been playing through a really bad shoulder, Tortorella said. Hes been playing through this for quite a while and its gotten to the point now where he just cant handle it and hes worried about hurting the club so hes out a week to 10 days.

People boo him, people moan about him not shooting the puck. Hes had problems shooting the puck because of this shoulder and hes stuck it out. Hes always stuck it out and played through some injuries. But now its just gotten so bad he needs to strengthen it.

----------------------------------
Well, that explains why "Blowzsy" hasn't been shooting the puck lately, which was a major concern for ODC in the thread he created.

Rozy is a trooper. It's not the first time he's played through an injury and I'm sure it won't be the last.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 04:45 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Sauer is a rookie. Eminger is a vet. And Gilroy just sucks. I'd easily take Eminger in there right now, he's been solid for the last few games.
Yet Sauer has been very steady and has had good positioning in the defensive zone... Didn't he log big minutes with Hartford when he was healthy?

Eminger's game scares me... It's frantic... He's all over the ice and is prone to taking himself out of position to make hits....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Yet Sauer has been very steady and has had good positioning in the defensive zone... Didn't he log big minutes with Hartford when he was healthy?

Eminger's game scares me... It's frantic... He's all over the ice and is prone to taking himself out of position to make hits....
Sauer is injury-prone. I'm fine with the minutes he's getting now.

I don't want to overwhelm him. Eminger has been a top-4 defender in the NHL before. Sauer has not.

11-10-2010, 04:49 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
......why are they having SOOOO many injuries?
The team has been playing a much more intense and physical style and these things are bound to happen.

Since they have not been previously conditioned to play this style, the older guys are more susceptible to experiencing the aches and pains that come along with this physical style.

It's a good hurt

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 04:50 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Sauer is injury-prone. I'm fine with the minutes he's getting now.

I don't want to overwhelm him. Eminger has been a top-4 defender in the NHL before. Sauer has not.
If Sauer is going to get injured it's not going to be because we asked him to play 2nd pairing minutes...... Eminger is average at both ends of the ice... Sauer is more of a stay at home, keep it simple type... I'd be more comfortable trying Sauer in that role paired with offensive minded MDZ before Eminger... I'm not impressed by Anaheim having used him in as a top 4 defenseman before... This is the same team that has Paul Mara and an 18 year old rookie rounding our their 2nd pairing right now.... Eminger is not that reliable or consistent and that's a testament as to why the Rangers are his 5th NHL team since the lock-out.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 11-10-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old
11-10-2010, 04:53 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
If Sauer is going to get injured it's not going to be because we asked him to play 2nd pairing minutes...... Eminger is average at both ends of the ice... Sauer is more of a stay at home, keep it simple type... I'd be more comfortable trying Sauer in that role before Eminger... I'm not impressed by Anahemin having used in as a top 4 defenseman before... This is the same team that has Paul Mara and an 18 year old rookie rounding our their 2nd pairing right now.... Eminger is not that reliable or consistent and that's a testament as to why the Rangers are his 5th NHL team since the lock-out.
I wouldn't oppose to seeing Sauer there, but he's inexperienced.

And either way, Torts has already said Eminger will play with MDZ. And it's not like he has much to choose from at the moment.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 04:55 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Torts loves Eminger and I'm not sure why...

Old
11-10-2010, 05:01 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

This really is a blow to the team. They could survive without gaborik because he is 1 of 12 forwards on the team. Hard to find a dman who can effectively play the PP, PK, and log 25 minutes.

Torts might have to try putting a forward on the point on the PP again, cause outside of del zotto and staal, I don't like our options there. Now not having drury REALLY hurts this team. Another vet going down, the team getting younger. This is what a lot of people wanted, didn't they?

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:03 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Eminger's been better, but MDZ-Eminger is sure to be a terrible pairing in their own end regardless.

Glad to see Gilroy get another shot, not pleased to see it at the expense of Rozy

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Vitto79

by god call someone up and fast

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
by god call someone up and fast
We have 7 dmen for a reason. We dont carry 7 so that when a guy gets injured we can continue to scratch a guy.

Gilroy is better than any RD we could call up at this point, anyways.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Torts loves Eminger and I'm not sure why...
"Jam"

hes one of the few defenseman that actually tries to throw punishing hits out there instead of the cursory body check.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:35 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
We have 7 dmen for a reason. We dont carry 7 so that when a guy gets injured we can continue to scratch a guy.

Gilroy is better than any RD we could call up at this point, anyways.
Won't he be playing the left though?

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Won't he be playing the left though?
He may very well, yeah.

I dunno, I'd like to see Valentenko as much as the next guy, but I think it defeats the purpose of having 7 defenseman if you dont play your 7th in the event of a short term injury. They'd have waived Gilroy by this point.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:52 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
"Jam"

hes one of the few defenseman that actually tries to throw punishing hits out there instead of the cursory body check.
Ever notice that on some hits, Eminger commits his body too soon... His body goes sprawling through the air and when his makes contact, it almost looks like he takes the worst of it, hahah.... He usually goes down.... He needs some hitting lessons from Callahan and to learn to drive upwards into his checks from his legs...

Old
11-10-2010, 05:57 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

All the veterans are getting hurt.

I'd like to see Gilroy with another chance.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:22 PM
darko

Well that's not good. He's been pretty good for us this year. Guess that means both Eminger and Gilroy will play.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:38 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
He may very well, yeah.

I dunno, I'd like to see Valentenko as much as the next guy, but I think it defeats the purpose of having 7 defenseman if you dont play your 7th in the event of a short term injury. They'd have waived Gilroy by this point.
Maybe this injury will be the final step in acquiring a veteran d-man to play along side Sauer.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:43 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

rozy being hurt hurts the team. period. therefore, im hardly happy that hes out for any length of time.

ive been quite complimentary to blowzsy this season so far. reason, his play has been much improved.

he doesnt shoot nearly enough, he skates in mud- even when healthy, hes soft as a pillow and he still handles the puck like a live grenade- although hes been much more confident with his passing recently.

but being hurt and being out is not something im in any way pleased with.

ok ?

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 11-10-2010 at 06:49 PM.
offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 07:14 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I thought Rozy had been playing really well thus far in the season. Unfortunate.

I would be nice if this meant we would get a look at Valentenko/McD. Unfortunately they are both lefties...so Gilroy it is until he's healthy.

11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

So Rozsival hurt his shoulder because the Rangers don't have a talented team. Rozsival is always playing with an injury. Usually he just plays through any pain. He must be really dinged up not to play. We aren't talking about Sheldon Souray here. This is player who barely played in pre-season due to a groin injury. He had hip surgery two years ago. Numerous knee surgeries. Rozsival is 32 years old. Many injuries. Many minutes. Wear and tear on the body and he got hurt because of the Rangers style? That has to be dumbest thing I have read since last Friday when Brooks attempted to make the same argument regarding Ryan Callahan missing the Devil game. Callahan missed the game due to a stiff neck from being thrown into the boards by Timonen and not from blocking a shot earlier in the week as Brooks tweeted.

Calling up another D means cap space. If you look at the Rangers cap,they are about $240,000 into the bonus cushion. That's counting all of the bonuses. Prospal has a games played bonus which according to Brooks is similar to Brendan Shanahan's bonus. So Vinny returns before the New Year and remains healthy,he'll hit the $1.4 million bonus. White has sucked out $500,000 of cap space so far. Another brilliant move by management.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
rozy being hurt hurts the team. period. therefore, im hardly happy that hes out for any length of time.

ive been quite complimentary to blowzsy this season so far. reason, his play has been much improved.

he doesnt shoot nearly enough, he skates in mud- even when healthy, hes soft as a pillow and he still handles the puck like a live grenade- although hes been much more confident with his passing recently.

but being hurt and being out is not something im in any way pleased with.

ok ?
Very nice.

Now's the time for DZ to step up and stop being a liability. Now we have Eminger, Gilroy and a rookie on the bottom three. Not saying Sauer's below Eminger's and Gilroy's level, but Sauer's still a rookie. At least he's better at his position and spot than DZ with his #3-4. Still...

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Ail
k.

This team needs to start eating their Wheaties.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:13 PM
lbrowne

Please get back soon Rosy, you're going to be missed big time.

Yet another situation where it's a dman's turn to step it up and snag the opportunity.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote