HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2010, 03:04 PM
redcard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Since when are there 31 teams?
The 31st is the Canadian purists who are confident that a team will be moved back to Winnepeg or to Hamilton.

Old
11-10-2010, 04:12 PM
funky

I think L.A needs to live more in the moment. D.L has to lock up Doughty, JJ, and Simmer and that should be our priority.

We are set for years in Goal.
We have an offensive two way star center.
We have a Norris caliber dman
We have a stocked cupboard.

We need a true offgensive LW and Vanek oe Semin definatly fit the bill. Buffalo is struggling and need a change. I say we go after Vanek, he is the perfect fit for Kopitar and Vanek could excel in our system with Kopitar setting him up.

Pros: Vanek is 6'2 205 and only 26 years old, which fits our core now and in the future. He is a guy that drives into traffic and has scored on average 37 goals a year over the last 4 while missing 10 games a year the last couple. He would have the best shot on our team and would be key on the PP. It allows us to keep Brown on the top line or let a more defensively aware guy like Simmonds hop up on regular shifts. It does not mess with our lethal second line or our dominantly defensive 3rd line.

Cons: Cap hit of $7,142,857 over this year and 3 more. Huge hit but locked up through his prime when he will dominate. Actual salary Kings take on is $6,400,000 which is around the Kovalchuk money being offered, but on a friendlier shorter deal.
-defence is not a priority with Vanek but TM will get him on board and we dont need him on the PK. Not a huge physical factor but we have Brown or Simmer to do the dishing.

Losses: would be substantial such as starting around a Forbert or Schenn. This is where it hurts. If D.L could make a trade and not loose Schenn or Bernier I would be willing to sacrifice any of our others as we have an established core that most our prospects wont supplant. I offer Fobort or Hickey, Loktionov or Moller, Parse or Lewis and a 1st and hope they are in a rebuild mindset.

Old
11-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Buffalo is struggling and need a change.

I would be willing to sacrifice any of our others as we have an established core that most our prospects wont supplant. I offer Fobort or Hickey, Loktionov or Moller, Parse or Lewis and a 1st and hope they are in a rebuild mindset.
Buffalo's only a few months removed from being division champs, so I'd be a little surprised if they decided to go into rebuild mode. Might be a tough PR move to have turned down 4 first rounders from the Edmonton offer sheet and end up with anything less. Darcy Regier also strikes me as a more conservative type GM and would deal his vets before trading Vanek.

Old
11-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Buffalo's only a few months removed from being division champs, so I'd be a little surprised if they decided to go into rebuild mode. Might be a tough PR move to have turned down 4 first rounders from the Edmonton offer sheet and end up with anything less. Darcy Regier also strikes me as a more conservative type GM and would deal his vets before trading Vanek.
If they don't start winning games, I think this could be the year that both finally get canned. But I doubt there is a fire sale even if that does happen.

Old
11-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

I'm not sold on Vanek at that price. I need to see more from him if I'm going to buy.

Ziggy Palffy needs to come out of retirement.

Old
11-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Darcy Regier also strikes me as a more conservative type GM.....

The thing is, no "conservative" GM would ever have given Vanek a $7 million per year deal. I realize Edmonton's offer screwed things royally but, even still, the Vanek contract is a good reason why Buffalo isn't where they should be.

Old
11-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Kings man 4 life

Agreed that contract is a huge albatross with him not putting up points.

Old
11-11-2010, 10:59 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
The thing is, no "conservative" GM would ever have given Vanek a $7 million per year deal. I realize Edmonton's offer screwed things royally but, even still, the Vanek contract is a good reason why Buffalo isn't where they should be.
i think that contract was bit more of a mandate from above... that team had just lost both Briere and Drury

Old
11-11-2010, 11:19 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Since when are there 31 teams?
That happened right after the 56th state joined the union.

Old
11-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Tough situation as the Sabres had made the Eastern Conference Finals in back to back years and had gotten some traction as a franchise. Then Drury/Briere (both co-captains) opted for free agency and went to Conference rivals. Five days later, Vanek signs the offer sheet.

Pretty tough to tell your fan base that you just lost your top 3 scorers from the last season.

Conservative is turning down Jarome Iginla for a holdout Mike Peca. Allegedly. Years ago I remember reading that several GMs disliked trade negotiations with Regier because he always asked for too much.

Quote:
But general managers trade kids all the time, and Sabres GM Darcy Regier, who has a reputation for being slow in pulling the trigger, had left many questioning whether he needed to make a major move or whether he should be fired along with Ruff.
Just a blip from a recent article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...resleafs110610

Old
11-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
That happened right after the 56th state joined the union.
it's like this didn't even happen...

Old
11-11-2010, 02:33 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i think that contract was bit more of a mandate from above... that team had just lost both Briere and Drury
BINGO!

Old
11-13-2010, 02:51 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

nice deal for PHI, signing carter to 11 yrs at about $5.25 mil. They have a pretty strong sense of team over there and i wouldn't be surprised if the deal was agreed so that less money will be taken than the captain (richards, $5.75 mil)....

DL is probably aiming for the same model here in LA, though i wish kopi would have signed for less to set the pattern. but of course, when Kopi signed the deal, LA was nothing like PHI, where players would be more willing to take less for a team with a strong culture. makes me wonder how this would impact doughty.

Old
11-14-2010, 12:42 PM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
I am working on a MAJOR rumor which involves a top scorer....after I get some more from my source I will put it out there this afternoon/early evening.. It involves the LA Kings...more to come.

from our friend eklund take it for what its worth and that's nothing

Old
11-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by son of earl View Post
I am working on a MAJOR rumor which involves a top scorer....after I get some more from my source I will put it out there this afternoon/early evening.. It involves the LA Kings...more to come.

We're gonna sign Miro Satan?

Old
11-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:

He just won't let it go. Has he ever gotten a Kings rumor correct? He's probably going off of dancing boy's tweet about Semin.

Old
11-14-2010, 12:49 PM
JMFJ 3

Quote:

I like how he's "working" on a rumor. That's exactly what he's doing actually, fabricating a bunch of rubbish.

Old
11-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Players DL should target come the trade deadline:

Sharp- If Chicago finds themselves out of the playoffs, which isn't as unlikely as you'd think, considering their play so far, he could become available. Nice cap hit.

Hemsky- Could be had for a 1st and a prospect since Edmonton is rebuilding. Cheap contract.

Booth- I know of his concussion history. This guy fits the bill of a DL type. Florida is rebuilding. Nice contract too.

All 3 of these guys would look excellent next to Kopitar and Brown. Fun to speculate.

Old
11-15-2010, 02:52 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I think L.A needs to live more in the moment. D.L has to lock up Doughty, JJ, and Simmer and that should be our priority.

We are set for years in Goal.
We have an offensive two way star center.
We have a Norris caliber dman
We have a stocked cupboard.

We need a true offgensive LW and Vanek oe Semin definatly fit the bill. Buffalo is struggling and need a change. I say we go after Vanek, he is the perfect fit for Kopitar and Vanek could excel in our system with Kopitar setting him up.

Pros: Vanek is 6'2 205 and only 26 years old, which fits our core now and in the future. He is a guy that drives into traffic and has scored on average 37 goals a year over the last 4 while missing 10 games a year the last couple. He would have the best shot on our team and would be key on the PP. It allows us to keep Brown on the top line or let a more defensively aware guy like Simmonds hop up on regular shifts. It does not mess with our lethal second line or our dominantly defensive 3rd line.

Cons: Cap hit of $7,142,857 over this year and 3 more. Huge hit but locked up through his prime when he will dominate. Actual salary Kings take on is $6,400,000 which is around the Kovalchuk money being offered, but on a friendlier shorter deal.
-defence is not a priority with Vanek but TM will get him on board and we dont need him on the PK. Not a huge physical factor but we have Brown or Simmer to do the dishing.

Losses: would be substantial such as starting around a Forbert or Schenn. This is where it hurts. If D.L could make a trade and not loose Schenn or Bernier I would be willing to sacrifice any of our others as we have an established core that most our prospects wont supplant. I offer Fobort or Hickey, Loktionov or Moller, Parse or Lewis and a 1st and hope they are in a rebuild mindset.
I don't think Simmonds is a make or break guy. If we can't sign him then there are countless other third liners that we can replace him with. Drew and Jack are actual cogs that need to be locked up no questions asked.

Old
11-15-2010, 04:20 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I don't think Simmonds is a make or break guy. If we can't sign him then there are countless other third liners that we can replace him with. Drew and Jack are actual cogs that need to be locked up no questions asked.
Agreed.

I love Simmer and I think he`s going to be around for a long long time. But in no way shape or form do I think that he is going to be breaking the bank anytime soon.

Old
11-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Kingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I do agree also. Simmonds is a great 3rd liner and he could jump into 1st and 2nd line if needed but if can't sign him or if we need to trade him for someone then his not a deal breaker IMO

Johnson and Doughty are just the most valuable RFA right now. Those 2 locked for the next 10 years in the team is just the foundation we need in our blue-line

----

As far as the 1st line winger we need...we don't have anything in the cupboard and the guy we get will not be perfect. The guy will be pending UFA, or have "bad" contract, or is injured prone, or is old, or cost too much in asset, or any combination of those. If they don't have those flaws then they would not be in the trading block in the first place. So ya if a guy line Semin or Vanek or Iginla is available then the Kings need to seriously listen

Old
11-15-2010, 09:57 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Seems like if someone offer-sheeted Simmonds $4M+, DL would take the picks and run.

Old
11-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Seems like if someone offer-sheeted Simmonds $4M+, DL would take the picks and run.
Absotively. I'd be amazed if that happened this early into Simmonds' career though.

Old
11-15-2010, 11:14 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Nope.

Old
11-15-2010, 11:15 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Nope.

i don't know, $4Million is an awful lot of money... and Simmonds' likely ceiling for at least a little while.

Closed Thread