HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Panthers vets at deadline

Old
11-09-2010, 12:34 PM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Wouldnt mind Higgins or Dvorak on the flyers at the deadline.
Stillman as well. That would be a solid move for top 9 depth. nothign but a draft pick or decent prospect wold get it done imo.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:39 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
At the Trade deadline...

To Ott: Vokoun

To Fla: Foligno --> just turned 23 yo, 2nd or 3rd line all-round, power winger (2006, 1st rounder).
P.Wiercioch --> 20 yo, tall/lanky, smooth skating, PPG in NCAA, offensive D-man (2008, 2nd rounder).
Leclaire --> contract expires this season and we can't afford the cap exchange otherwise. Lightning fast reflexes, inconsistent positioning, always injured or rusty coming back from injury.
I would do this one depending on the rest of the offers that come in for Vokoun.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
At the Trade deadline...

To Ott: Vokoun

To Fla: Foligno --> just turned 23 yo, 2nd or 3rd line all-round, power winger (2006, 1st rounder).
P.Wiercioch --> 20 yo, tall/lanky, smooth skating, PPG in NCAA, offensive D-man (2008, 2nd rounder).
Leclaire --> contract expires this season and we can't afford the cap exchange otherwise. Lightning fast reflexes, inconsistent positioning, always injured or rusty coming back from injury.
I think the Panthers would take this deal and run, 2 young players with lots of potential. Both would probably make the Panthers next season - Foligno obviously, but Wiercioch looked pretty good in Sens camp this year. Leclaire (as long as he's healthy) means Florida doesn't need to bring Markstrom up this year.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Gudbranson44

i think if vokoun gets traded, the return would be a goalie of say clemmenson's caliber, young proven player (not necessarily great, but with some untapped potential)/late first or second round pick and a project prospect

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:05 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

I love when people say "this guy won't get traded he's the franchise."

wel so was Boumester, Horton, Bure even olli when he was a panther.

they are all gone Booth may be the best player but that doesn't mean he can't be moved

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
i think if vokoun gets traded, the return would be a goalie of say clemmenson's caliber, young proven player (not necessarily great, but with some untapped potential)/late first or second round pick and a project prospect
how about Leclaire - goalie of Clemmenson's calibre
Foligno - young proven player
Wiercioch - prospect

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:12 PM
ISLESnPANTHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I loove when people say "this guy won't get traded he's the franchise."

wel soo was Boumester, Hortn, Bure even olli when he was a panther.

they are all gone Booth may be the best player but that doesn't mean he can't be moved
There is a difference there. Horton's play showed he didn't want to be here, Bouwmeester was a fairy, and Bure was pure offense. Booth is the only one of these 4 that plays with energy every night. The Panthers might be in a bad situation but Booth plays his heart out regardless.

Next, a deal around David Booth for Erik Johnson, I would take that and run. Erik Johnson at his full potential will be MUCH better than any of our young defenders. What we really need is a solid #1 center.

ISLESnPANTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
not realistic in what sense? make a counter offer
I don't see the Blues trading EJ, and furthermore I don't see a huge multiplayer deal where this happens. Why would the Blues take a bunch of pieces back for him rather than one equal piece. St. Louis gets hosed in that deal, and I'm a Panthers fan. Truthfully, I wouldn't want to acquire EJ because we'd have to give up way too much. I'd rather just be patient bringing along Kulikov and Gudbranson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
I would fear a contender that added Vokoun, but Cats should hold on to him I think. Split some games with Markstrom next year. I doubt they'd be happy with something like Clemmensen/Markstrom gaurding the net next season. Not a lot of UFA goalies out there next year either really. Well that will hit the market anyway, maybe someone like Dwayne Roloson. But yeah, the return would be nice, but they need to bring Markstrom in slowly, trading Vokoun and throwing the keys to Markstrom would be risky I think. Of course all of that changes if Markstrom turns it around and has a spectacular season by the deadline. But a 3.28 GAA and 891 SV% in the AHL doesn't exactly scream 'NHL ready.'
Those stats aren't representative of Markstrom's play. The D is poor and they leave Markstrom out to dry more than a regular AHL blueline should. He's fine, the Amerks blueline just has some youngsters like Robak and Comrie that need maturation and vets like Callahan that have underperformed.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I think the Panthers would take this deal and run, 2 young players with lots of potential. Both would probably make the Panthers next season - Foligno obviously, but Wiercioch looked pretty good in Sens camp this year. Leclaire (as long as he's healthy) means Florida doesn't need to bring Markstrom up this year.
Leclaire healthy? LOL

Old
11-09-2010, 02:43 PM
rockinghockey

You don't have much in the way of players that are really interesting that could get you good prospects. Vok is about the only player.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I love when people say "this guy won't get traded he's the franchise."

wel so was Boumester, Horton, Bure even olli when he was a panther.

Some context is in order. Bouwmeester was already out the door, Bure was a vet on a huge contract on a rebuilding team and that was a costcutting move. Olli was causing problems within the room, and he was butting heads with Martin. One had to go, either Olli or Martin, and Martin won out when the then owner Alan Cohen chose to keep Martin aboard as the GM. When Tallon came in he asked all the best players if they wanted to be moved. Horton was the only one who said yes. That's why he was shipped out. Of course, anyone could be traded for the right price, but Tallon is not in a rush to trade away his top young talent. Why would a rebuilding team do that?

Last edited by Dread Clawz: 11-09-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old
11-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You don't have much in the way of players that are really interesting that could get you good prospects. Vok is about the only player.
Trust me, a lot of Panther fans know this. But the more picks and prospects, the better.

Old
11-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
how about Leclaire - goalie of Clemmenson's calibre
Foligno - young proven player
Wiercioch - prospect
yeah i liked that offer, and I hope it would like similar to that when or if a vokoun trades happen

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:06 AM
MattPreds37

I would take McCabe and Stillman in Nashville, probably at the deadline since we need to save money, but we need veteran depth with common sense, and quickly.

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:12 AM
RainingRats

Panthers have a lot of quality filler pieces but absolutely no high end talent available except for Vokoun.

Stillman could do really well with Crosby or another elite winger. He still has good hands, can pass very well, and does a pretty good job of finishing. His biggest negative is his skating. He's very slow.

Dvorak is a great third liner. 100% effort every night, can put up some points, very good defensively, and a solid pk'r.

Higgins is a fringe top 6 winger who has started to show some life. He is also a good pk'r.

McCabe quietly puts up good offensive numbers. He's also done a pretty good job defensively. I think he'd fetch a second round pick for sure. The problem is his salary.

Reasoner has been great. Chips in offensively and is one of the best pk guys I have seen. He reminds me of a better defensively Martin Gelinas.

Weaver, you're not getting him. No change he gets traded unless the deal is an overpayment. Talk about value. He's worth much more than we pay him.

Vokoun is great but his contract will make it difficult to trade him.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:11 AM
mgd525

I couldn't imagine the Pens if they had Vokoun. I'm sure Flordia woun't want to do a deal around the two since they have a great goalie prospect. I wonder if a 3 way deal could be worked out somehow. I know Fleury's value now blows with his play this year and cap hit but ome gm's make moves that make you wonder. I bet some GM would trade for Fleur just because of his potential and his ring since he's 25.

mgd525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Datsyuk2Zetterberg

Vokunn for 2 1sts.

But in all seriousness, if Vokunn can get on a team that can take the contract and lands playoff team, they could go far in the playoffs.

Last edited by Datsyuk2Zetterberg: 11-11-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Datsyuk2Zetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote