HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Calgary

Old
11-11-2010, 12:27 AM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Montreal - Calgary

Montreal

Maxwell
Spacek
3rd round pick

for

Calgary

Sarich

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:31 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Why? As a flames fan i would do it Sarich and Spacek are similar players, similar contracts. Plus we get maxwell and a draft pick.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:32 AM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 1100
Spacek for Sarich straight up would be reasonable IMO

N O T O R I O U S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:40 AM
BigHabs

Well we could remove the other parts, but if say Maxwell stayed in, would Calgary throw Chucko into the deal? As it would give us another winger to replace a boat load of C's in the farm team.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Signature
One brick at a time.

vCash: 50
So why does Montreal do this trade? Calgary doesn't even care, but I don't see why Montreal would even initiate this trade.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:28 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
Well we could remove the other parts, but if say Maxwell stayed in, would Calgary throw Chucko into the deal? As it would give us another winger to replace a boat load of C's in the farm team.
sure but it still seems like a pointless trade.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Miller Time

Spacek
Maxwell

for

Sarich
Chucko

to smart a trade to actually happen...

Flames swap a depth defensive dman for a depth offensive dman, and a stagnating wing prospect for a stagnating centre prospect.

Reverse for the habs...

Neither team walks away greatly improved, but both teams get a little more of what they need by giving up a little bit from an area of relative strength.

Good value, good fit, how do we get Sutter/Gauthier to sit down and make it happen.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:49 AM
Lunatik*

Flames can't take on extra contracts because they are at the limit... plus I have no desire to last Spacek at all... I'd rather keep Sarich

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Don't see the need. It's too early to say for sure, but Spacek is just starting to look like he's getting past his early season issues. And he was a decent if error-prone 20-min guy even with those issues. He brings a bit more of the two-way/mobility element that I think the Habs need than Sarich does. If we were buying out an extra contract year, then *maybe* it would make some sense, but we're not. It's the same length, about the same amount.

All in all, I'd rather keep Spacek.

So there's definitely no need to start throwing in extra elements. And we're also a year early in deciding whether or not to call Maxwell "stagnating". He looked great in training camp, could have made some NHL teams. Two years pro plus a great camp is NOT the same as 4 years pro like Chucko. Maxwell > Chucko.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Giojohnny
Gio Johnny

the flames are old and they would want to get younger quick, i cant see this happening

Giojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Maxpac

No way! Spacek got his game back and has been playing really good 2-way hockey lately with Hamrlik. We need his offensive touch on the blueline.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:22 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Pass.

Not a fan of Spacek at all. I'd rather keep Sarich.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:59 AM
The Gnome

With they way Sarich has hit this year...Not a chance. Spacek has been great lately for the Habs so I don't really see them wanting to do that trade anyway. However if Montreal ever wanted to be more physical Sarich would be a really good place to start.

Not to start a war of words here, but someone needs to put Subban into next week a get his ego in check. The guy is acting like a world class ****** bag this year. really gifted player, but what a jerk.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Don't see the need. It's too early to say for sure, but Spacek is just starting to look like he's getting past his early season issues. And he was a decent if error-prone 20-min guy even with those issues. He brings a bit more of the two-way/mobility element that I think the Habs need than Sarich does. If we were buying out an extra contract year, then *maybe* it would make some sense, but we're not. It's the same length, about the same amount.

All in all, I'd rather keep Spacek.

So there's definitely no need to start throwing in extra elements. And we're also a year early in deciding whether or not to call Maxwell "stagnating". He looked great in training camp, could have made some NHL teams. Two years pro plus a great camp is NOT the same as 4 years pro like Chucko. Maxwell > Chucko.
I think with the make-up of habs defense, Sarich adds a missing element (toughness/physical play). While I agree that, when spacek's playing "well" (by his current standards) he's probably a slightly better dman, his inconsistent play and struggles when stuck playing ~20min/game are more than enough to make it a worthwhile upgrade. On Calgary's end, with JBo/Giordano/White/Regher, Spacek would be firmly penciled into a bottom pairing role, where he'd probably be able to maintain a higher level of play (with less minutes and easier assignments).

Maxwell's progress has been slow, and while he did look good in training camp, he's still far away from a realistic shot at a top 9 role with the habs (Pleks/Gomez/Halpern/Eller firmly ahead of him already in the NHL, Desharnais arguably ahead of him in the AHL).
With White, Leblanc, Engqvist all progressing well, I have a hard time seeing where Maxwell will be able to fit in, unless his progression takes a considerable and unexpected jump.

Chucko is a lesser talent than Maxwell, but as a gritty bottom 6 winger, would imo be more likely to win a spot and contribute to the team in the next 2-3 years...

value-wise the trade slightly favors Calgary, but imo both teams walk away filling needs that better address their roster depth chart.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by giojohnny View Post
the flames are old and they would want to get younger quick, i cant see this happening
The Flames don't want to get younger quick, if a trade is made, it will be to improve the team. They aren't rebuilding yet, and this trade does not improve them. With the exception of Langkow, Conroy, and Staios, this team isn't old.

Last edited by Skobel24: 11-11-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Kaktus*

Replace Sarich with Jokinen.

Maybe Flames will say yes to that?

It woudl be fun to have Jokinen in the East.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Replace Sarich with Jokinen.

Maybe Flames will say yes to that?

It woudl be fun to have Jokinen in the East.
We don't need more defenseman, and Olli was just resigned. Believe he has a NTC too.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Signature
One brick at a time.

Also, the Flames need a defensive D-man for their 3rd pairing. Calgary plays Staios (poor defender), and Mikkelson (roving d). Sarich being stay at home is a necessity.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote