HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammy complaints

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2010, 10:37 AM
  #26
goman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 861
vCash: 500
To OP and those supporting: you're ok to criticize Cammy but don't connect him voicing safety concerns at the Bell Centre with him making excuses for sub-par play.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:39 AM
  #27
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
Wow
the perfect habs player
18 skaters must be Big strong fast with great hands and must score at least 1 goal per game

otherwise they suck

Cammalleri is too soft
Gionta too small
Gill is a cone
Gomez is Gomez


and damn he complains about security issues. why the correlation with the hockey stats?

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:46 AM
  #28
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 500
is it me or does he seem different this year?

Personality seems to have changed... seems more short and dry with the media.

I think he wanted the C.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:46 AM
  #29
habs86
Registered User
 
habs86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Prince Albert, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 524
vCash: 400
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
Like many have said already, Cammy is a sniper and with being a sniper they go threw droughts and they will pass.
Without Cammy I personally don't think we would of went as far in the 2009-2010 playoffs. IMO

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:57 AM
  #30
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
is it me or does he seem different this year?

Personality seems to have changed... seems more short and dry with the media.

I think he wanted the C.
I noticed it too. I'm thinking it has less to do with wanting to be Captain but more to do with the puck not going in for him right now though.

But I have noticed weird things from day one this year. That slash in the preseason being the first out of character occurence.

I think he likes the limelight a lot and right now he's just frustrated. I don't personally think it has to do with captaincy but who knows.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:00 AM
  #31
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
That has been a complaint by players from day one. There is no give on the boards at the bell center. It is a safety concern not to mention that it does not help make hits spectacular.

I prefer the old style glass where you see the boards give and hear all the rattling when there is a big hit.
I understand what happened at the Bell. Look, I'm an architect, and I can guess what happened. The architects and structural engineers , correctly by the way, as our first duty is to protect public safety, designed and specified the glass and boards assembly to first and foremost protect the fans. No glass pop outs, no glass shattering, and max 5mm deflection on impact from a 600 pound load impact at 30 miles per hour. The glass is definitely laminated, 2 layers 12 mm for sure, possibly up to triple laminate of 15 mm safety glass, total up to 45 mm thick. That's almost two inches thick. That glass is very very heavy by the way.

Now this is where you have to concentrate, and Cammy does not know this (and why the hell should he?, he's a sniper, not an engineer. He will start sniping again by the way):

The crucial requirement, AND THE MAIN REASON FOR THIS PROBLEM, is that even with these huge impact loads, in our modern times, there must not be wide steel supports at each vertical glass joint, as this impedes fan views. Therefore the glass is what is known as cantilevered (hanging by the only the bottom edge in simple terms), and it is higher than it used to be also. It therefore must get all it's strength from the connection with the boards, and also must be VERY thick, and buried deep into very strong boards.

Conclusion? This ain't the rink we played at in Park Ex or Pointe Claire boys, this is heavy duty.

The players will have to get used to it. Public safety, and good visibility for fans will win out.

Finally, re player safety, my bigger concern is that the glass is not flush with the boards on the rink side. Players are getting badly hurt by the projecting sill on the boards when they're checked from behind, (Just ask Bergeron) and it creates odd bounces also. I won't get into the details, but trust me,unless we bring back steel vertical supports, we can't get rid of that deadly edge.

I'm tempted to submit to the NHL, with my engineer, a flush rink side glass design, so that great players like Bergeron or Cammy don't get hurt like that again. Our view will be a little more obstructed (not much, steel is pretty good these days) But know this, when we enjoy a great view of the game rinkside, the players are the ones being put in danger. Cammy is right, but he does not know why.

The design of rink boards and glass is fascinating, as rarely do such completely contrasting activities take place on either side of such a thin and transparent wall, on the one side, us, sitting on our ass, drinking brews, and 10 inches away, Pronger and Pleks, at 30 miles an hour, smashing into the glass, or: Brett Hull missing the net with a 100 MPH smoker, right at our stupid mug!


Last edited by bsl: 11-11-2010 at 11:11 AM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:12 AM
  #32
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,029
vCash: 500
The question that puzzles me is that why they don't have standards for boards and glasses in the league?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:15 AM
  #33
MasterD
Registered User
 
MasterD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Wow, Cammy gets a free pass by all poster here except the OP...

I'm still waiting for someone to actually call Cammy a "soft" player, because he is, people... He's afraid to get hit and it shows on the ice... he almost never wins a battle in the corner and it's true that he gets knocked off the puck way too easily.

He's a great shooter (not this year so far), he knows where to be around the net and has great hands, but he's as soft as butter.

People trashed on Plekanec for being soft, yet he's stronger than Cammy...
Well, except that when people were complaining that Plekanec was soft, it's because Plekanec was ineffective, admitted himself to be playing like a little girl, and that Plekanec needs to win board battles in his PLAYMAKING CENTER role...

Mike Cammalleri is a scoring winger, and a very good, but very streaky one at that. His role is to be in front of the net ready to shoot... where he always is. He will not make big hits, but he's what, 5'6''?? As long as he's going to go where Latendresse was not willing to go, I won't complain.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:30 PM
  #34
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I understand what happened at the Bell. Look, I'm an architect, and I can guess what happened. The architects and structural engineers , correctly by the way, as our first duty is to protect public safety, designed and specified the glass and boards assembly to first and foremost protect the fans. No glass pop outs, no glass shattering, and max 5mm deflection on impact from a 600 pound load impact at 30 miles per hour. The glass is definitely laminated, 2 layers 12 mm for sure, possibly up to triple laminate of 15 mm safety glass, total up to 45 mm thick. That's almost two inches thick. That glass is very very heavy by the way.

Now this is where you have to concentrate, and Cammy does not know this (and why the hell should he?, he's a sniper, not an engineer. He will start sniping again by the way):

The crucial requirement, AND THE MAIN REASON FOR THIS PROBLEM, is that even with these huge impact loads, in our modern times, there must not be wide steel supports at each vertical glass joint, as this impedes fan views. Therefore the glass is what is known as cantilevered (hanging by the only the bottom edge in simple terms), and it is higher than it used to be also. It therefore must get all it's strength from the connection with the boards, and also must be VERY thick, and buried deep into very strong boards.

Conclusion? This ain't the rink we played at in Park Ex or Pointe Claire boys, this is heavy duty.

The players will have to get used to it. Public safety, and good visibility for fans will win out.

Finally, re player safety, my bigger concern is that the glass is not flush with the boards on the rink side. Players are getting badly hurt by the projecting sill on the boards when they're checked from behind, (Just ask Bergeron) and it creates odd bounces also. I won't get into the details, but trust me,unless we bring back steel vertical supports, we can't get rid of that deadly edge.

I'm tempted to submit to the NHL, with my engineer, a flush rink side glass design, so that great players like Bergeron or Cammy don't get hurt like that again. Our view will be a little more obstructed (not much, steel is pretty good these days) But know this, when we enjoy a great view of the game rinkside, the players are the ones being put in danger. Cammy is right, but he does not know why.

The design of rink boards and glass is fascinating, as rarely do such completely contrasting activities take place on either side of such a thin and transparent wall, on the one side, us, sitting on our ass, drinking brews, and 10 inches away, Pronger and Pleks, at 30 miles an hour, smashing into the glass, or: Brett Hull missing the net with a 100 MPH smoker, right at our stupid mug!
They wanted seamless glass so the fans could get a better view. And as for your comment on the projecting sill I have to totally disagree. It think plays an important role when it comes to safety. It allows you to absorb hits better. You pin your hips on it and absorb some of the shock that would instead go straight to your shoulders. It also helps keep balance after a hit allowing a more natural center of gravity.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:59 PM
  #35
25th
Registered User
 
25th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Aylmer beach, Qc
Posts: 802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
When you score 13 goals in 19 very tough playoff games (In fact more like 13 in the first 15) then you can tell tell Cammy to shut up.

He's having a bad patch, big deal. He's the most talented scorer we've had in years, and people like you are gonna run him out of town.

We're fans. Not players. Know your place.
So we can't say a thing when we are disapointed with some plays till we do better ourselves? C'MON MAN!

Everyone agrees about his safety concerns. It's not the point. I just chose the fact that he was complaining about something to voice my concerns about his play of late.

25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:04 PM
  #36
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
So we can't say a thing when we are disapointed with some plays till we do better ourselves? C'MON MAN!

Everyone agrees about his safety concerns. It's not the point. I just chose the fact that he was complaining about something to voice my concerns about his play of late.
Yeah the way some people on HF act it's like nobody can have an opinion. I disagree with lots of opinions and voice it all the time, but it's just an opinion and people are entitled to theirs even if I think it's stupid.

If people don't like it go to TSN.ca or something. This is an internet forum.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:17 PM
  #37
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
People ripping on Cammalleri's play because of a rightful complaint about the dangerous glass we have at the BC are freakin douches. Seriously, go buy some common sense. His comment was valid, the fact he's in a slump isn't a reason to refrain from voicing his displeasure. For ****'s sake.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:22 PM
  #38
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...8_section_POS2

He whines about the glass bords at the Bell Center. For me, it just opened a "window" to complain about him.

The guy can't pass the puck properly even if his life depends on it, he is knocked of the puck WAY TO EASILY, he is on his a** whenever he gets hit and worst of all, lately, he shoots wide or worse, on the goalie's crest.

Shut up and play puck Mike!
What are you whining about? He's not scoring a ton yet but he's leading the team in +/- and he's actually a more than capable passer. But yeah, the Bell Center's got rock-hard boards and glass with no give, so we should definitely go after Cammy.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
  #39
Plante
Registered User
 
Plante's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kelowna, B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
So we can't say a thing when we are disapointed with some plays till we do better ourselves? C'MON MAN!

Everyone agrees about his safety concerns. It's not the point. I just chose the fact that he was complaining about something to voice my concerns about his play of late.
What I don't get, and you'll have to excuse me here because I guess Im missing something that is pretty obvious. Anywho, how did Cammy talking about safety open up a window for you to complain about him? Was there not a window before? Were you not justified in your actions previously because he had not complained? Does he not have the right to complain because he is playing poorly in your eyes (Which I assume are fantasy stat eyes).

Why did you not simply voice your concerns previously? Did you feel that you would be ridiculed because he has gone under the radar?

Where do you feel he should be production wise right now?

I mean you told the guy to shut up and play, what do you think he is doing? Do you think he wakes up in the morning, rolling in blanket of 100 dollar bills saying, "Well, Im not gonna try today". You. Just. Don't. Get. It. The man is a +10, just because he can't rack up the points right now it doesn't mean he is playing really poorly.


Saying he can't pass the puck to save his life is silly, if not just flat out wrong. And you complain that he shoots wide and hits the goalies chest, because no sniper goes on cold streak? Last I checked his name isn't Ovechkin. This is not due to lack of effort.

And complaining about his balance lol. OMG, your telling me that when a 5'9 sniper plays against 6'6 defensive dman and gets hit... he falls down. YE CANNOT CHANGE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS JIM!

Seriously, I have zero problem with you complaining about players, but at least be logical about it, use intricate thought process to get the job done. Maybe watch a game or two.

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:48 PM
  #40
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
What I don't get, and you'll have to excuse me here because I guess Im missing something that is pretty obvious. Anywho, how did Cammy talking about safety open up a window for you to complain about him? Was there not a window before? Were you not justified in your actions previously because he had not complained? Does he not have the right to complain because he is playing poorly in your eyes (Which I assume are fantasy stat eyes).

Why did you not simply voice your concerns previously? Did you feel that you would be ridiculed because he has gone under the radar?

Where do you feel he should be production wise right now?

I mean you told the guy to shut up and play, what do you think he is doing? Do you think he wakes up in the morning, rolling in blanket of 100 dollar bills saying, "Well, Im not gonna try today". You. Just. Don't. Get. It. The man is a +10, just because he can't rack up the points right now it doesn't mean he is playing really poorly.


Saying he can't pass the puck to save his life is silly, if not just flat out wrong. And you complain that he shoots wide and hits the goalies chest, because no sniper goes on cold streak? Last I checked his name isn't Ovechkin. This is not due to lack of effort.

And complaining about his balance lol. OMG, your telling me that when a 5'9 sniper plays against 6'6 defensive dman and gets hit... he falls down. YE CANNOT CHANGE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS JIM!

Seriously, I have zero problem with you complaining about players, but at least be logical about it, use intricate thought process to get the job done. Maybe watch a game or two.
I agree and honestly the last line made me laugh. The guy is a +10 and only reason he doesn't have at least 5 assists is because he was the guy who made the play happen but unfortunately didn't get an assist. Still his plus minus shows us he's playing well and been on lines that produced. This wasn't just a fluke. I've seen two times I can remember off the top of my head where Cammy set something nice up that translated to a goal and +1 but not any point.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 03:07 PM
  #41
CuteHockeyBunny
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
is it me or does he seem different this year?

Personality seems to have changed... seems more short and dry with the media.

I think he wanted the C.
Dude cried at the opening ceremony. I think he still likes being a Hab.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 03:20 PM
  #42
knuck
On and off fan
 
knuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I understand what happened at the Bell. Look, I'm an architect, and I can guess what happened. The architects and structural engineers , correctly by the way, as our first duty is to protect public safety, designed and specified the glass and boards assembly to first and foremost protect the fans. No glass pop outs, no glass shattering, and max 5mm deflection on impact from a 600 pound load impact at 30 miles per hour. The glass is definitely laminated, 2 layers 12 mm for sure, possibly up to triple laminate of 15 mm safety glass, total up to 45 mm thick. That's almost two inches thick. That glass is very very heavy by the way.

Now this is where you have to concentrate, and Cammy does not know this (and why the hell should he?, he's a sniper, not an engineer. He will start sniping again by the way):

The crucial requirement, AND THE MAIN REASON FOR THIS PROBLEM, is that even with these huge impact loads, in our modern times, there must not be wide steel supports at each vertical glass joint, as this impedes fan views. Therefore the glass is what is known as cantilevered (hanging by the only the bottom edge in simple terms), and it is higher than it used to be also. It therefore must get all it's strength from the connection with the boards, and also must be VERY thick, and buried deep into very strong boards.

Conclusion? This ain't the rink we played at in Park Ex or Pointe Claire boys, this is heavy duty.

The players will have to get used to it. Public safety, and good visibility for fans will win out.

Finally, re player safety, my bigger concern is that the glass is not flush with the boards on the rink side. Players are getting badly hurt by the projecting sill on the boards when they're checked from behind, (Just ask Bergeron) and it creates odd bounces also. I won't get into the details, but trust me,unless we bring back steel vertical supports, we can't get rid of that deadly edge.

I'm tempted to submit to the NHL, with my engineer, a flush rink side glass design, so that great players like Bergeron or Cammy don't get hurt like that again. Our view will be a little more obstructed (not much, steel is pretty good these days) But know this, when we enjoy a great view of the game rinkside, the players are the ones being put in danger. Cammy is right, but he does not know why.

The design of rink boards and glass is fascinating, as rarely do such completely contrasting activities take place on either side of such a thin and transparent wall, on the one side, us, sitting on our ass, drinking brews, and 10 inches away, Pronger and Pleks, at 30 miles an hour, smashing into the glass, or: Brett Hull missing the net with a 100 MPH smoker, right at our stupid mug!
Only interesting post in this thread

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 03:21 PM
  #43
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
I understand his concerns about safety. I just saw this as an opportunity to voice my complaint about his play of late. My opinion only it seems. Life goes on!
Cammy hasn't played that well, but like last year during his crappy stints, his shooting percentage drops down big time, below average. So, I'm sure he'll pick it up soon. He looks exactly the same as when he had cold streaks last year. But I agree, he needs to pick it up.

This article has nothing to do with it though. He's right about this.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 03:45 PM
  #44
habsrock76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Wow, Cammy gets a free pass by all poster here except the OP...

I'm still waiting for someone to actually call Cammy a "soft" player, because he is, people... He's afraid to get hit and it shows on the ice... he almost never wins a battle in the corner and it's true that he gets knocked off the puck way too easily.

He's a great shooter (not this year so far), he knows where to be around the net and has great hands, but he's as soft as butter.

People trashed on Plekanec for being soft, yet he's stronger than Cammy...
Quote:
he almost never wins a battle in the corner and it's true that he gets knocked off the puck way too easily


Regardless of what the article is about, this part I agree with you on, he's not the same player as he was last year, fearless and tenacious, a small guy who played bigger then his stature. Anyone who refuses to see this is blinded by their faith in the team.

I cant remember the last time he's won a battle along the boards.

I hope he gets that tenacity mojo back quick.

P.S. An undisclosed injury might be a contributing factor as well

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 03:58 PM
  #45
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,323
vCash: 500
ahaha with the way he's playing , he should have mention it to the people that could fix the problem and not the media , he sould not bring attention to him because frankly he's playing like **** and not helping the team in any way right now.When he's not scoring he's an horrible player in every possible way to the contrary of a player like Plekanec for example , who can bring somethings even when he doesn't produce offensively , which he does anyway.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 04:57 PM
  #46
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
ahaha with the way he's playing , he should have mention it to the people that could fix the problem and not the media , he sould not bring attention to him because frankly he's playing like **** and not helping the team in any way right now.When he's not scoring he's an horrible player in every possible way to the contrary of a player like Plekanec for example , who can bring somethings even when he doesn't produce offensively , which he does anyway.
Says the guy who hates when he scores and thinks he has no talent and hockey sense.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:27 PM
  #47
QcnARF
Registered User
 
QcnARF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I understand what happened at the Bell. Look, I'm an architect, and I can guess what happened. The architects and structural engineers , correctly by the way, as our first duty is to protect public safety, designed and specified the glass and boards assembly to first and foremost protect the fans. No glass pop outs, no glass shattering, and max 5mm deflection on impact from a 600 pound load impact at 30 miles per hour. The glass is definitely laminated, 2 layers 12 mm for sure, possibly up to triple laminate of 15 mm safety glass, total up to 45 mm thick. That's almost two inches thick. That glass is very very heavy by the way.

Now this is where you have to concentrate, and Cammy does not know this (and why the hell should he?, he's a sniper, not an engineer. He will start sniping again by the way):

The crucial requirement, AND THE MAIN REASON FOR THIS PROBLEM, is that even with these huge impact loads, in our modern times, there must not be wide steel supports at each vertical glass joint, as this impedes fan views. Therefore the glass is what is known as cantilevered (hanging by the only the bottom edge in simple terms), and it is higher than it used to be also. It therefore must get all it's strength from the connection with the boards, and also must be VERY thick, and buried deep into very strong boards.

Conclusion? This ain't the rink we played at in Park Ex or Pointe Claire boys, this is heavy duty.

The players will have to get used to it. Public safety, and good visibility for fans will win out.

Finally, re player safety, my bigger concern is that the glass is not flush with the boards on the rink side. Players are getting badly hurt by the projecting sill on the boards when they're checked from behind, (Just ask Bergeron) and it creates odd bounces also. I won't get into the details, but trust me,unless we bring back steel vertical supports, we can't get rid of that deadly edge.

I'm tempted to submit to the NHL, with my engineer, a flush rink side glass design, so that great players like Bergeron or Cammy don't get hurt like that again. Our view will be a little more obstructed (not much, steel is pretty good these days) But know this, when we enjoy a great view of the game rinkside, the players are the ones being put in danger. Cammy is right, but he does not know why.

The design of rink boards and glass is fascinating, as rarely do such completely contrasting activities take place on either side of such a thin and transparent wall, on the one side, us, sitting on our ass, drinking brews, and 10 inches away, Pronger and Pleks, at 30 miles an hour, smashing into the glass, or: Brett Hull missing the net with a 100 MPH smoker, right at our stupid mug!
Nice point about the flush glass, but that doesn't answer the question Cammy is raising: why is the bell center glass not like the ones in most other arenas?

QcnARF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:31 PM
  #48
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Players have been complaining about the glass in the Bell Centre since it first opened, not many rinks keep the seemless glass in place.. I agree with him, it isn't forgiving at all.

This is true.

I'm surprised that they still keep this glass, although i do remember them changing the boards/glass in the Gilette era, that's why the boards have been uber lively the last few years. But its still not good enough.

Anyways, I had no issues with the seamed glass from the old days. As a viewer, you really forgot that the glass was seamed, it was never really an issue for me. And the way the glass rattled back and forth during a big hit was really cool to see.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 06:24 PM
  #49
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
Only interesting post in this thread
Interesting indeed. Except I fail to see how this explains why the glass at the BC is harder (or less forgiving might be more accurate) than in other NHL arenas. Especially the newer ones.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 06:30 PM
  #50
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
is it me or does he seem different this year?

Personality seems to have changed... seems more short and dry with the media.

I think he wanted the C.
His personality has changed, but it has nothing to do with the C, it's cuz he knows he's not playing the way he should be. Every game that goes by when he gets stymied or doesn't get a good chance, he gets more frustrated. No player was more pimped this offseason that Cammy. He was the poster boy of the organization. He knows it, he likes it and he WANTS to be scoring those big goals. Imagine how hard it is for a guy like him when the puck just won't go in for him. Remember just before the playoffs when he came back form injury: zero goals (in a pretty decent number of games). Then, boom went the dynamite.

He's clearly annoyed but it's with himself. He always gives credit to the other players, but I would also get frustrated answering questions about why I'm not scoring when all I wanna do is score. I'm getting impatient too, but I've no doubt he'll get things on track. Let's be happy that we are doing pretty well early in the season when our top guns AREN'T on fire.

Will Cammy explode tonight against boston like he did in the centennial game?

Questions will become answers...

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.