HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ron Hainsey to anywhere

Old
09-29-2010, 12:00 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
Wait, wait.. does ATL have a glut of forwards or defense? They move Buff to D cause apparently they have too many forwards, now they wanna move Hainsey for a forward?

Dudley, is that you?
Quote:
This sounds like a coaching deficiency then. Nothing against Atlanta, I'm rootin for them but decisions like these is kind of why I understand why they are who they are.
You just acquired a player. You expect him to be a power forward ("...one of the premier power forwards in the game" - Dudley after trade), but more importantly you want him to be happy.

He says 'I really would prefer to play defense.' You think he could be a very effective bruiser of a defenseman based on what you've seen in the past. Why not give it a shot?

You play him two games on D in the preseason and he looks good.

That's the only logical way I see that it went down.

The idea that Dudley acquired him to play defense is just stupid considering we have Kulda, Zubarev and Meyer ready to to go on the bottom pair, but will instead be fighting for the 7th slot to ride the bench.

Yes, Atlanta has a glut of bottom-4 defensemen.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 12:01 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Souray and Hainsey have similar money/years left on their respective contracts.

Thrashers would probably have to send another salary dump (ie. Rissmiller, Sopel, etc) as well to make space.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 12:21 AM
AintLifeGrand

Hainsey and Bergfors for Moulson and Kiril Petrov

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 12:25 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post

Thrashers would probably have to send another salary dump (ie. Rissmiller, Sopel, etc) as well to make space.
Honestly, that wouldn't be a terrible trade. Hainsey has more money left on his deal ($5 + 5 + 3), but only a $4.5m cap hit. Souray comes with a $5.4 cap hit, but is only owed $4.5m in cash in each of the next 2 years. Edmonton is a team that would problably like to be closer to the cap in the next couple years. Big problem is of course -- that Hainsey has an extra year, which could be a dealbreaker to the Oilers.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:

Ron Hainsey is actually getting more next year.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:

The point of trading Hainsey is to ease the glut of NHL defenseman the team has. They do not want another defenseman in return, so you can forget Souray.

Personally, I don't want to trade Hainsey. I think he is Atlanta's next captain and would look to move Oduya/Valabik/Sopel first.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Blueland89

Quote:
Wait, wait.. does ATL have a glut of forwards or defense? They move Buff to D cause apparently they have too many forwards, now they wanna move Hainsey for a forward?

Dudley, is that you?
we have a lot of bottom 6 forwards

Eager, Thorburn, Boulton, Cormier, Slater, Pettersson (could possibley top 6), Modin, Dawes, Lisin (tryout), Rissmiller, Machacek, stewart that a lot of people to fill 6 spots

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Sheky Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhicksnightmare View Post
Ribeiro and Woywitka for Hainsey + 1st is the only way it makes sense.
...so Dallas needs defensemen?

Sheky Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheky Express View Post
...so Dallas needs defensemen?
Dallas will only trade Ribeiro if the value is there, and Hainsey is not worth Ribeiro. Otherwise the Stars will roll with a shaky D and a strong forward crew. Stars games will be fun to watch this year.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
hainsey and DP are buddies and i think the isles had interest in hainsey but they wont trade for him.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Hainsey is not fitting in on the Ramsay system, but he did play well with Oduya in the final months of last season.

In terms of Buff:
1.) Dudley said before anybody thought of it that he'd like Buff on D. Atlanta has a glut of D men, but they do NOT have a glut of physical defensemen...and Valabik is coming off of injury and playing horribly. Kulda hasn't taken the next step forward.
2.) Ramsay says he wants shots coming from the defensemen, and for the forwards to create on rebounds. That's why Buff is more valuable shooting from the point.
3.) Hainsey and Sopel will be gone in a couple of seasons (or one!) It would be nice to develop a big fast young D man with a heavy shot.
4.) Ramsay has taught young defensemen in Boston how to play well - why not let him teach Byfuglien???

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:22 PM
GetPucksDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Hainsey is not fitting in on the Ramsay system, but he did play well with Oduya in the final months of last season.

In terms of Buff:
1.) Dudley said before anybody thought of it that he'd like Buff on D. Atlanta has a glut of D men, but they do NOT have a glut of physical defensemen...and Valabik is coming off of injury and playing horribly. Kulda hasn't taken the next step forward.
2.) Ramsay says he wants shots coming from the defensemen, and for the forwards to create on rebounds. That's why Buff is more valuable shooting from the point.
3.) Hainsey and Sopel will be gone in a couple of seasons (or one!) It would be nice to develop a big fast young D man with a heavy shot.
4.) Ramsay has taught young defensemen in Boston how to play well - why not let him teach Byfuglien???
I trust Ramsay because I'm impressed every time he opens his mouth.

He'll use the assets he has as best he can.

It's going to be a real new kind of hockey for the fans.

The Bolshoi Ballet has left town.

GetPucksDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn View Post
I trust Ramsay because I'm impressed every time he opens his mouth.

He'll use the assets he has as best he can.

It's going to be a real new kind of hockey for the fans.

The Bolshoi Ballet has left town.
More like the Bolshoit Ballet, if you know what I mean. I was so sick of our dour Russians like Kovy, Kozlov, and Afinogenov sounding like extras from Cold War flicks. It's great to have good Russian guys like Antropov (okay, technically not Russian), Burmistrov, and Zubaryev who will actually look you in the eye when you talk to them. Not a question of nationality, but a question of attitude. I think it says a lot that nobody wanted Kozlov of Afinogenov and LA wouldn't break the bank for Kovy and questioned him extensively.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:01 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Send him back to Montreal so all the people who are still whining that we lost Hainsey for nothing like he was Bobby Orr will finally shut up.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post

In terms of Buff:
Byfuglien is probably among the top 3 most valuable forwards in the league, as far as creating on rebounds is concerned.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 11:26 PM
odgersfan83

Atlanta management needs to nut up and tell Buff that he helps the team the most by playing up front.

I mean, I prefer to walk into the office at 10am everyday but my boss doesn't just let me do it because I want to. I'm more valuable coming in at 8...so my @$$ comes in at 8.

odgersfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Put him on re-entry and we'll send you Chris Clark and a thank-you card.

(in all seriousness, we could probably make use of him, but I don't see any realistic deals being available, and his contract is still more than we're comfortable with.)

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:19 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Put him on re-entry and we'll send you Chris Clark and a thank-you card.

(in all seriousness, we could probably make use of him, but I don't see any realistic deals being available, and his contract is still more than we're comfortable with.)
If someone approached the Thrashers and said they'd take Hainsey on re-entry I hope they would jump at it.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
If someone approached the Thrashers and said they'd take Hainsey on re-entry I hope they would jump at it.
Yeah, we had folks who hated him too, and look how much we missed him the next year. I think our power play bottomed out at 9.6%.

He's not worth his current contract, but to think that Atlanta should happily give him up on re-entry is crossing the line into unreasoning hate.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:02 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

I feel like this thread needs bumping.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote