HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - Car

Old
11-11-2010, 12:06 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
just stating that Hopkins, if drafted, would make a killer C with that lineup for top 6... your comment = massive self esteem issues
I'm assuming this thread sprouted from you watching the EDM/CAR game. Now, after watching that game, do you really think the Oil are going to pick a small C over a #1 D?

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I'm assuming this thread sprouted from you watching the EDM/CAR game. Now, after watching that game, do you really think the Oil are going to pick a small C over a #1 D?
depends if the #1 D is available, who knows where they pick. I'm just stating that that top 6 would be pretty sick if all the magical pieces of the puzzle fell in place

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226

Quite frankly I dont think id trade Paajarvi for Skinner straight up. Skinner's start has been nice and all but I highly doubt he keeps this pace up. Both players are potential 30-40 goal 80 point guys, i'll keep the future power forward over the smurf which we already have enough of.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:25 PM
caniac247

Even if JR was stupid enough to trade him, the money wouldn't work.

JR is on a strict internal budget. Even though they have tons of cap room, he's on a budget and can't take on any extra salary. This team goes on real dollars, not the cap.

Penner @ $4.25M + Hemsky @ ($4.5M) = $8.75M

for Skinner @ $1.4M (including bonuses)

That's taking on an extra $7.35M. This team cannot and will not do that.

So besides the proposal being crazy for both teams. Its not even doable.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post

Quite frankly I dont think id trade Paajarvi for Skinner straight up. Skinner's start has been nice and all but I highly doubt he keeps this pace up. Both players are potential 30-40 goal 80 point guys, i'll keep the future power forward over the smurf which we already have enough of.
that smurf dominated each and every shift he played, has any oiler dominated like that in recent history? no. Paajarvi is a perimeter player and isn't as slick as skinner, sure he's got the wheels, and a decent shot, but skinner is a lot more of a player packed in a small body which he uses to his advantage. the kid is dynamite, helluva a pick up by carolina

Old
11-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Stall View Post
Jokinen = Penner
Hemsky > Ruutu but Ruutu brings an element to his game that Hemsky doesn't have

I know Oiler fans think it's not even close but value/production wise it's pretty similar even though no one will ever convince you otherwise considering how much you overvalue your players.
Hemsky is a gamebreaker, Ruutu isn't. You can not compare the two because Hemsky blows Ruutu out of the water. And there's no overvaluing anyone here, that's a fact.

I'd also take Penner over Jokinen but that's just me. They're both pretty equal offensively but the body presence of Penner is huge and Penner's defensive game is very underrated.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Akonite

Quote:
that smurf dominated each and every shift he played, has any oiler dominated like that in recent history? no. Paajarvi is a perimeter player and isn't as slick as skinner, sure he's got the wheels, and a decent shot, but skinner is a lot more of a player packed in a small body which he uses to his advantage. the kid is dynamite, helluva a pick up by carolina
Yes instead of being patient and allowing our prospects at least twenty games to get accustomed to the NHL, were going trade them away for other top prospects because they're currently doing better.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
Yes instead of being patient and allowing our prospects at least twenty games to get accustomed to the NHL, were going trade them away for other top prospects because they're currently doing better.

have i once anywhere in this entire thread mention a lick about stats? NO, not a once.

i really enjoy the style of hockey that skinner is playing, and thats my comments. so **** with your comments that bring nothing to the table

Old
11-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Akonite

Quote:
have i once anywhere in this entire thread mention a lick about stats? NO, not a once.

i really enjoy the style of hockey that skinner is playing, and thats my comments. so **** with your comments that bring nothing to the table
And personal attacks are more productive to the thread?

I didn't mention stats either by the way. All I said was that Skinner is playing better hockey right now (which Im sure we can both agree on) and that we should give prospects like MPS, who you've put on the block, a chance to show that they can play at that level as well before we write them off and decide we should trade them in.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:10 PM
oilers92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 2nd Pick View Post
1. It's Staal. Not Stall. Stall is a verb, the act of impeding progress. Staal is the star hockey player. Say it with me. S-t-a-a-l.

2. Skinner plays on the second line with Cole and Ruutu, and only plays with Staal on the PP.

3. You're not getting Skinner... so, yea.
1)my bad on the spelling but really who cares, it was mistake get over it...
2)hes playing with more skill then most of the oilers right now, and even pp time with Staal is still better then anything we could provide
3)i was saying we wouldn't get him and we wouldn't offer hemsky+penner for him if we could

also would you trade 2 established players for a talanted young guy? we would be dressing 4 roockies in our top 6...no thanks from the oilers percpective

Last edited by oilers92: 11-11-2010 at 01:15 PM.
oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:14 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Yeah, I think the proposal is dead. Pissing match = not necessary

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:04 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'm sorry, I didn't catch the punchline... MPS + Penner?

Hemsky + Penner might work if they were on the last years of their contracts.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
How about half the games Hemsky plays against the Jackets or Yotes in the last couple years? There's a few dominant performances against those teams for Hemmer. Penner against the Blues last year at the end of that 5 win road trip? There is enough skill and parity in the league that any player is capable of taking over in a game. Its the absolute stars who do it with any form of consistency. Jeff Skinner has an excellent mind for the game and great hands. If the rest of his game were more polished (entering the draft) he likely gets into the conversation with Seguin and Hall. Size, skating and conditioning are question marks and the kid still gets picked top 10. While it probably wasn't expected for him to make the transition to the pro game so seamlessly it shouldn't come as that much of a shock either. But lets not let one game/performance suddenly propel this teen to greatness... its a 15 game sample that Canes fas are pleased with. Lets see how the next 15 go before we start anointing him the next one

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

He's not the next one.

The Anton was the first one and will be the next one.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:28 PM
HemskyToHall*

2 Established 1st line players, yeah no thanks.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
SDig14

I still can't believe some of the proposals...neither team does this right now, end of story

I have been a Skinner backer from early on last year when someone left him off the first round prospect rankings...I predicted he would be a steal, similar to Mike Richards, if he went in the 20-30 range...then he climbed the rankings with an awesome second half and an amazing playoffs...everyone realized he was too big of a scorer to pass in the top 10

All that being said, if Hemsky is commited to staying in Edmonton LT, I am not sure I could trade him straight up for Skinner, let alone more pieces...we know Hemsky can put up 70+ points and has 80+ potential once this team isn't horrible...Skinner's value is largely based on potential

Vice versa, Canes won't trade him because he has the potential to be a huge compliment in the future to Eric Staal

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:37 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
I still can't believe some of the proposals...neither team does this right now, end of story

I have been a Skinner backer from early on last year when someone left him off the first round prospect rankings...I predicted he would be a steal, similar to Mike Richards, if he went in the 20-30 range...then he climbed the rankings with an awesome second half and an amazing playoffs...everyone realized he was too big of a scorer to pass in the top 10

All that being said, if Hemsky is commited to staying in Edmonton LT, I am not sure I could trade him straight up for Skinner, let alone more pieces...we know Hemsky can put up 70+ points and has 80+ potential once this team isn't horrible...Skinner's value is largely based on potential

Vice versa, Canes won't trade him because he has the potential to be a huge compliment in the future to Eric Staal
Even if we snagged another top 5 pick, we would have picked Johansen and not Skinner.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:48 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Even if we snagged another top 5 pick, we would have picked Johansen and not Skinner.
Agreed, though I think if it wasn't so expensive and we got #7, we would have picked Skinner over McIlrath and Fowler...after the top 3, I think we wanted Johansen the most, to obviously try to fill the 1C need, but I think they liked Skinner too quite a bit...just was far too expensive to get a pick in that range...hopefully it will be easier this year at the draft table so we can address both 1C and a D

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote