HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St. Louis in need of help.

Old
11-11-2010, 01:58 PM
sh724

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
i think sooner or later boston must move ryder to make room for savard/sturm and could probably handle doing it now when ryders play is strong to start the year.

he is expensive so maybe boston takes back brewer whom seems expendable out of st louis. to make it work for boston, send paille/hunwick along for the ride and grab back some modest draft pick

when the dust has settled, boston upgrades their blueline a little for a run for the cup and moves a couple 4th line/3rd pair guys that are killing around a mill too much cap between them

st louis gets some warm bodies to get them through this rough patch and ryder should become movable again at the deadline when more of his contract is off the books and perron/oshie are ready to return
Blues are not moving Brewer with all the injuries on D, there is already 3 rookie d man playing and 2 other d man who's careers consist of being an AHL call up

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
With Halak your set in goal for a while, your D is pretty stacked on top of it. Your scoring could use some help. Best thing to do is wait till the off season and convince a free agent or two to come on board. Right now if you get someone to put some pucks in the net your going to have to give up on a strength. Your in a pretty good position right now. Mise well be patient and see where it takes you.
The Blues will certainly wait to make a move. They'd get bent over in any trade right now. However, don't expect the Blues to wait until the offseason to add a goal scorer. They have to make the playoffs this season(for a number of reasons).

I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a big run at Jarome Iginla if he becomes available. He's not what he used to be but he has enough to be just what the Blues need. His contract is a problem but sending Brad Boyes(plus better assets obviously) to Calgary would help the situation.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:32 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
The Blues will certainly wait to make a move. They'd get bent over in any trade right now. However, don't expect the Blues to wait until the offseason to add a goal scorer. They have to make the playoffs this season(for a number of reasons).

I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a big run at Jarome Iginla if he becomes available. He's not what he used to be but he has enough to be just what the Blues need. His contract is a problem but sending Brad Boyes(plus better assets obviously) to Calgary would help the situation.
I can't imagine the Blues taking on Iginla's 7.0 million cap hit through age 35, much less trading younger and relatively cheap assets with similar scoring upside to acquire it. It's pretty much the exact opposite of the strategy they've implemented ever since the new ownership came aboard.

Besides, Iginla has a NMC...he's not going anywhere.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
I can't imagine the Blues taking on Iginla's 7.0 million cap hit through age 35, much less trading younger and relatively cheap assets with similar scoring upside to acquire it. It's pretty much the exact opposite of the strategy they've implemented ever since the new ownership came aboard.

Well it's just a 3 million increase for this year and next if you get rid of Brad Boyes' 4 million.

It might be difficult to add that 7 million for 2012-13, though.

And it's not like this FO hasn't tried to add an expensive goal scorer. They wanted a negotiating window with Ilya Kovalchuk last year at the deadline. Thank god that didn't work out but it shows that they are not a predictable group.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:52 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Blues fans need to be patient. I really don't see any moves out there that would be worth making with out over paying. Right now we need our team to step up. We has a horrible game last night.

We have injuries but it's not panic time. Let's wait to see how quickly Perron can get healthy. Also I would love to see Perron playing with Berglund at center when they come back.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Lunatik*

the Blues are better off making a smaller move and adding some scoring depth than risking upsetting their roster... with Kotalik ready to return off LTIR for the Flames I'm sure David Moss would be available for a mid-round pick... he's good for a 15-20 goal pace most of the time and is now a decent penaly killer

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Oshie97

No need to panic and make a trade that we might regret later. We have a decent amount of depth to fill in until Perron and Oshie get back. I would expect the Blues to add a sniper at the end of the season if we are playoff bound and there are some options out there but not now.

Oshie97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 04:26 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
No need to panic and make a trade that we might regret later. We have a decent amount of depth to fill in until Perron and Oshie get back. I would expect the Blues to add a sniper at the end of the season if we are playoff bound and there are some options out there but not now.
I just don't see a sniper being available for what I would be willing to give up. I know it sucks but I would rather hope McDonald and Boyes pick it up then give up someone like Cole+McCrea+ for a sniper. We would either have to deal out top end prospects or someone like Polak, oshie, Perron, Berglund, Pietrengelo to get a real Sniper. We aren't going to be able to trade players like Boyes, McDonald, Brewer, or Jackman and get real value back.

Last edited by HooliganX2: 11-11-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old
11-11-2010, 04:34 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post

I'd much rather go after Brad Richards....

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Brophy

I know im not much help but man the Blues get the **** end of the stick every year. So many ****ing injuries every year. Id love to be a prospect in St Louis.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 04:54 PM
oPlaiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I'd much rather go after Brad Richards....
Or Zach Parise... not that I'd bet he gets traded or anything.

I really don't understand the love affair Blues fans seem to have with Jarome Iginla.

oPlaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Jzk

vCash: 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
I really don't understand the love affair Blues fans seem to have with Jarome Iginla.
He's an aging star player. That's what we like around these parts apparently.

Jzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetBigWangs View Post
If anything maybe you could try to get Hagman off of Calgary. He would be pretty cheap IMO off a team that might possibly be in imminent retool/rebuild mode. A 2nd (and maybe a later round pick 4-7) would go a long way for them. No roster players needed.
I'd make that move, but the Blues would also want to try and unload some salary to try and even out the costs.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Paladin2799

how about this one.

Toronto gives you MacArthur for a 1st round pick.

MacArthur has shown to be big, feisty, and dangerous, but toronto is in a slump and could use a first round pick. MacArthur certainly is not elite, and is on a one year contract, but at only one million he is a cheap cheap forward for the blues. We can also work something out in terms of helping with a salary cap, toronto has lots of room and is happy to move bodies for picks/prospects or upgrades where they can.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Blues0307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
With Halak your set in goal for a while, your D is pretty stacked on top of it. Your scoring could use some help. Best thing to do is wait till the off season and convince a free agent or two to come on board. Right now if you get someone to put some pucks in the net your going to have to give up on a strength. Your in a pretty good position right now. Mise well be patient and see where it takes you.
Good analysis. No reason to do anything. Perron will be back soon, and even though the Blues have an average offense at best, no reason to make a move. Stay the course

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 06:39 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
how about this one.

Toronto gives you MacArthur for a 1st round pick.

MacArthur has shown to be big, feisty, and dangerous, but toronto is in a slump and could use a first round pick. MacArthur certainly is not elite, and is on a one year contract, but at only one million he is a cheap cheap forward for the blues. We can also work something out in terms of helping with a salary cap, toronto has lots of room and is happy to move bodies for picks/prospects or upgrades where they can.
LoL Good joke

In what world is MacArthur worth a 1st round pick. Maybe a 3rd or 4th.

Old
11-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Jzk

vCash: 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues0307 View Post
Good analysis. No reason to do anything. Perron will be back soon, and even though the Blues have an average offense at best, no reason to make a move. Stay the course
Perron will still be out another week or 2.

Jzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 06:58 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzk View Post
Perron will still be out another week or 2.
Even if it's 2 weeks no real need to make a move outside of maybe trying to sign Bill G.

Old
11-11-2010, 09:25 PM
puckerdude10

what would it take to bring lee stempniak back??? guy can shoot and can put up 20 plus goals

puckerdude10 is offline   Reply With Quote