HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price showing what he can do when he's ON

Old
11-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
Carey Price showing what he can do when he's ON

He's been phenomenal for us so far this season, and he's showing exactly why many of us were scared ****less at the thought of him being traded.

Yes, Halak has been very good as well, but Carey is showing that he has the potential to be one of the best goaltenders in the game.

Here's to our early season MVP.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Schooner Guy

Price is certainly showing that a lot of regulars on this board know absolutely nothing about a goaltender's development curve.

Great show Carey!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:54 PM
TheBuriedHab

So good to see him playing great. Its also good to Shutup all the irrational haters. Go Carey!

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Tusk

Love it, always loved him and happy to see him turning it around.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:04 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

He's been great this year. No doubt.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Price has been the habs best player, and that's exactly what the habs need in order to be successful.

I feel happy for him succeeding through all the adversity thus far. The way he has responded is a reflection of his mental strength. Hopefully, he can use this experience when things start going a little south whenever that may be.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:21 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
I'm thinking of changing my username for something related to Carey.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

I feel happy for him succeeding through all the adversity thus far. The way he has responded is a reflection of his mental strength. Hopefully, he can use this experience when things start going a little south whenever that may be.
Thats the biggest thing for him is his mentallity and its looking strong

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

It's nice to see Price playing well, hopefully he's turned the corner. At the rate Carey's playing, Auld might not see a start for a VERY long time since there's no back to backs until Nov 26-27.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:18 PM
SB164

From CBC's Elliotte Friedman's article this week:

Who wants to see Jaroslav Halak versus Carey Price in the all-star game? I know it doesn't count, but too bad it's not in Montreal.

By the way those two are playing, it's very possible we might end up seeing that.

For those of you who don't know, Friedman has one of the most insightful hockey columns every week, 30 Thoughts.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...-thoughts.html

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:25 AM
McNuts

Statistically speaking, so far Price has 7 great games (over .930 save percentage), 1 good game (.917), 2 OK games (.903) and 5 poor games (under .900). He's only 23 years old so that tells me he's capable of being very good and with experience and consistency he can become one of the best.

Of course stats don't tell the whole story, because key saves aren't registered and Price has made plenty to keep us in the game, even in losses.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:52 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Statistically speaking, so far Price has 7 great games (over .930 save percentage), 1 good game (.917), 2 OK games (.903) and 5 poor games (under .900). He's only 23 years old so that tells me he's capable of being very good and with experience and consistency he can become one of the best.

Of course stats don't tell the whole story, because key saves aren't registered and Price has made plenty to keep us in the game, even in losses.
dont know about you, but i dont remeber watching a bad game from carey. stats definatly don't tell the whole story, small portion of it actually.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:55 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
dont know about you, but i dont remeber watching a bad game from carey. stats definatly don't tell the whole story, small portion of it actually.
I agree on that. I remember some games where he let in lets say 2 goals in 5 shots, but he also in those games made amazing saves that let us a chance to win each time. Something I'm 100% positive is that he has made solid saves in each games of the year.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:21 AM
GoHomez

I never really doubted that Price would turn into a really good NHL goalie. He has the size, skills and just needed a little time to put all the pieces together.

Let's not get ahead of ourself but isn't Price actually among the main candidates to push Luongo when it comes to international play for Canada in the future?

Brodeur will be 42 a the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, off of the top of my head I cant think of any other than Ward and Price to challange Loungo. While not quite there yet, dont you think Price has a good shot at being no 1?

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:48 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
From CBC's Elliotte Friedman's article this week:

Who wants to see Jaroslav Halak versus Carey Price in the all-star game? I know it doesn't count, but too bad it's not in Montreal.

By the way those two are playing, it's very possible we might end up seeing that.

For those of you who don't know, Friedman has one of the most insightful hockey columns every week, 30 Thoughts.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...-thoughts.html
Forget all-star game, how about game 7 of the stanley cup finals... in Montreal lol

now that would be epic

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Would this be the time to finally say... The Price is right?

Ok I'm out...

Last edited by Aspirine: 11-12-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Rickkins

Great to see Price playing well, let's hope he can keep it up.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:17 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

I feel like Price is now capable of transferring what he did in juniors & AHL into the NHL with great success , to be honest I feel completely confident going into the playoff with him for the next few years and feel we could win a cup with him , if only we had spent our money on useful players...

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:46 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

I'm kind of shocked that Price leads the league in games started and played for a Goaltender. I guess he really is ready for 82 games, shame Auld already took one away from him. For my money I'd take Price over Thomas and Halak so far, when they get to 15 games started their stats won't be as good as Price's are now.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:56 AM
BLONG7

Price's game seems to start with confidence...when he has it he is a good goalie...when he doesn't he seems to lack focus, and gets alot of bad bounces...and he then reacts badly...

He has the talent, he just needs to continue to mature, work hard, and stay focused...he can be a workhorse, and is proving it...this is the main reason he was kept, not Jaro....

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
I'm thinking of changing my username for something related to Carey.
Carey Price fans ?

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:15 AM
neofury*

I haven't seen a bad Price game all year to be honest. I have seen him let in a bad goal or two but that was during the first 5-6 games of the season. In the last 10 games I don't think I've seen a bad goal at least not in my opinion and to me that's what matters. If you lose 10-0 but your D hung you out to dry and your offense couldn't score, I really don't fault the goalie for that to be honest. Obviously they do need to make the big saves now and then but they need their D to be responsible as well. We're lucky Price is playing the way he has with some of the odd man rushes we've been giving up. One thing I'll say is that to some extent our D seems to be better at handling those rushes this year, maybe because they knew they'd be a more offensive team (or trying to be) this year and they would be giving up some of those more often

Like I said though Price has been solid even in the games he lost. In some games he's been stellar in others he's just been a good NHL goalie but at the end of the day he plays the way a goalie should on a winning team. He gives us the chance to win every game, when we lose it's the team not scoring. I loved that interview I saw of Price the other night where he was all like "it's not just me, it's the team. It's not just me really the guys are playing hard out there". (paraphrased)

He was trying to be humble about it but you could tell his confidence was soaring. Last night though I think he was the most confident we've seen him. Really have to give the guy credit where it's due.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:22 AM
andrew2

One thing I really like a bout price so far this year is his compete level, he's challenging every shot. Last nights goal is a perfect example, not only did he move laterally, but he shot way out of his net to challenge the shooter. He makes that save 9/10 times, charas shot was just perfectly placed.

He's also oozing with confidence, him bating the puck outta the air was just nasty...

andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
Why do you guys have to turn a thread that had nothing to do with Halak and everything to do with Price, into a debate between the two?

Fascinating.
Yeah, mentioning Halak isn't needed here. I just deleted like a page worth of posts (apologies to those who typed good useful stuff and made good points - I hate it when mods do that to me too, but...) but really, we've had thread after thread on the subject before this, thousands and thousands of posts, literally, also some very good ones. Go read and contribute to those if you really have to, I think it's OT here, and I'll continue to delete any posts with references to Halak in this thread.

Except this one.

And the Friedman article is pretty good too.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:39 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Pleasantly surprised by what I have seen from Price so far. He just seems more in control and confident. Maybe it's just me but he seems to have a better rapport with his d-men too.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote