HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammy complaints

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2010, 05:59 PM
  #51
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Says the guy who hates when he scores and thinks he has no talent and hockey sense.
yeah that's what I say

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 06:13 PM
  #52
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
They play 41 games in that rink, they probably know what they are talking about.. Habs brass should hear at this..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 06:45 PM
  #53
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, cālisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
They play 41 games in that rink, they probably know what they are talking about.. Habs brass should hear at this..
They know of this. Since 1996 in fact. And it won't change. And while his comments are valid, they are useless to be honest. And it does reek frustration, no doubt. The guy is in a funk and he lets it know.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:06 PM
  #54
25th
Registered User
 
25th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Aylmer beach, Qc
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Now that's better. Way to go Mike!

25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:49 AM
  #55
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah the way some people on HF act it's like nobody can have an opinion. I disagree with lots of opinions and voice it all the time, but it's just an opinion and people are entitled to theirs even if I think it's stupid.

If people don't like it go to TSN.ca or something. This is an internet forum.
I never said you can't have an opinion. I never advocate censorship. The whole point of this board is to debate and inform. And by the way, I'm disappointed in Cammy too, and I agree with some of the criticism.

I will always welcome any post here, as I imagine most of us do, and some posts may bug me, but that's no big deal. I'm glad the OP posted his frustration, otherwise no debate.

What bugs me is the aggressive way posters here criticize very good hockey players...if you played pro, that's OK, but otherwise we don't know all that much really, therefore let's debate the matter, not just say 'shut up Cammy'...you get the idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
Only interesting post in this thread
Thanks Knuck!. But the other posts are valid and interesting, I just wanted to explain the physics of the thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcnARF View Post
Nice point about the flush glass, but that doesn't answer the question Cammy is raising: why is the bell center glass not like the ones in most other arenas?
Sorry, but the whole point WAS to answer the question. The boards and glass were very likely over designed due to safety concerns, and are therefore extremely rigid, kind of like I am when I think of Kate Blanchett.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:49 AM
  #56
QcnARF
Registered User
 
QcnARF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Sorry, but the whole point WAS to answer the question. The boards and glass were very likely over designed due to safety concerns, and are therefore extremely rigid, kind of like I am when I think of Kate Blanchett.
It might be, but that would mean that the safety standards aren't as high in the other arenas...

QcnARF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:28 AM
  #57
Tray4Adams
Registered User
 
Tray4Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Cammalleri is terribly overrated. He's got a world-class shot, but he is by far the dumbest player on the team. No hockey IQ whatsoever which hurts his linemates tremendously.

However, that was a sick pass to Gionta tonight, probably the nicest pass i've seen him make since his time in Montreal.

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:46 AM
  #58
Mr Rogers
Registered User
 
Mr Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
Cammalleri is terribly overrated. He's got a world-class shot, but he is by far the dumbest player on the team. No hockey IQ whatsoever which hurts his linemates tremendously.

However, that was a sick pass to Gionta tonight, probably the nicest pass i've seen him make since his time in Montreal.
...i don't know what to say. I'll just guess you forgot this

Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 02:55 AM
  #59
Ncrdrg
 
Ncrdrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
From what I see, Cammy is frustrated and nags on an immaterial thing that nags him a lot : the glass boards... to take out some steam.

You know what? Maybe you'd need to take some tips from this instead of going off on a player just because he's having a cold streak.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:10 AM
  #60
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
Cammalleri is terribly overrated. He's got a world-class shot, but he is by far the dumbest player on the team. No hockey IQ whatsoever which hurts his linemates tremendously.
Completely agree , don't listen to them , they must be blind if they think Cammalleri has a big hockey IQ.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:41 AM
  #61
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
Cammalleri is terribly overrated. He's got a world-class shot, but he is by far the dumbest player on the team. No hockey IQ whatsoever which hurts his linemates tremendously.

However, that was a sick pass to Gionta tonight, probably the nicest pass i've seen him make since his time in Montreal.
By far the dumbest player on the team? How do you measure this, IQ scores?

No hockey IQ whatsoever?? I'd consider that statement to describe my great aunt, but how does someone make it to the NHL, let alone stay there and fluorish, with no hockey IQ whatsoever?? How?

The amount of exageration needed in this post points to a paper-thin argument. It's OK to have players you like and dislike, but posts like this make me laugh and cry at the same time.


JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:13 PM
  #62
Tray4Adams
Registered User
 
Tray4Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
By far the dumbest player on the team? How do you measure this, IQ scores?

No hockey IQ whatsoever?? I'd consider that statement to describe my great aunt, but how does someone make it to the NHL, let alone stay there and fluorish, with no hockey IQ whatsoever?? How?

The amount of exageration needed in this post points to a paper-thin argument. It's OK to have players you like and dislike, but posts like this make me laugh and cry at the same time.

You and Cammalleri would get along. Have you never heard of the term Hockey IQ? Have you not watched the Montreal Canadiens play?

He passes when he should shoot, shoot when he should pass, makes stupid plays like it's his job.

Like I said, he has a world class shot, which is the reason he is in the NHL and the reason he makes so much money. 30 + goal scorers are hard to come by but maybe watch #13 next time and you'll see the bonehead plays he makes.

He thinks he has Kovalev's hands, but he doesn't. He has nothing but a shot.

Of course all you little fanboys will see that he's gonna score 30+ goals and think he is the next Richard, but in reality, he's just not that good.

Edit: It'd be nice if he actually focused on scoring goals rather than making sure his BioSteel product gets some airtime in his pre/post game interviews

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:15 PM
  #63
Tray4Adams
Registered User
 
Tray4Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Completely agree , don't listen to them , they must be blind if they think Cammalleri has a big hockey IQ.
Haha oh I know guy, the truth really hurts these guys.

I'm a diehard hab fan, have been for 25+ years, but i'll tell it how it is, and most kids on this board have a hard time doing that.

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:23 PM
  #64
Davebo
beep beep
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
yeah that's what I say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
Cammalleri is terribly overrated. He's got a world-class shot, but he is by far the dumbest player on the team. No hockey IQ whatsoever which hurts his linemates tremendously.
Ladies and Gentleman - the Habs bipolar fanbase.

You two - I just KNOW for a fact that you were booing Price during the exhibition games. You're THAT type of 'fan'.

Pathetic.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:24 PM
  #65
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
You and Cammalleri would get along. Have you never heard of the term Hockey IQ? Have you not watched the Montreal Canadiens play?

He passes when he should shoot, shoot when he should pass, makes stupid plays like it's his job.

Like I said, he has a world class shot, which is the reason he is in the NHL and the reason he makes so much money. 30 + goal scorers are hard to come by but maybe watch #13 next time and you'll see the bonehead plays he makes.

He thinks he has Kovalev's hands, but he doesn't. He has nothing but a shot.

Of course all you little fanboys will see that he's gonna score 30+ goals and think he is the next Richard, but in reality, he's just not that good.
you have no clue what you are talking about.

Your basically criticizing the guy for not being a power forward by blaming that on his IQ and his poor hands... which couldn't be farther from the truth.


His only downfall is that he doesn't have blazing speed, which makes him at even a greater disadvantage with his size.

Lets get the record straight about Cammy, shall we?

He is:

- an underrated playmaker
- Geat on the PP
- He's a sniper, not a power forward
- Above average hockey IQ
- Great under pressure
- He is undersized and and he is not a powerful skater , which puts him at a disadvantage in certain situations

It's funny ,some people see weaknesses but are unable to identify what those weaknesses are ... it's like calling someone stuipd but being too stupid to know why they are stupid

(no offense, I don't think you are stupid, but you are obviously stupid in the Hockey IQ department )


Last edited by coolasprICE: 11-12-2010 at 12:31 PM.
coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:42 PM
  #66
Tray4Adams
Registered User
 
Tray4Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Ladies and Gentleman - the Habs bipolar fanbase.

You two - I just KNOW for a fact that you were booing Price during the exhibition games. You're THAT type of 'fan'.

Pathetic.
I've been the biggest Carey Price fan since the second he made the team bro.

I mean I expect the responses i'm getting, i'm on a Montreal Canadiens fan forum.

It's a shame for what is supposed to be a knowledgable fan base, we have so many fans that have no idea what they're talking about.

I wonder why LA and Calgary would let such an amazing player walk?

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:47 PM
  #67
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
The part where you act like you know something about hockey, but it's pretty evident you know next to nothing.
ok, but why don't you put some substance to your talk and claims that "i have no clue" ... or do you prefer just skipping the details because you have no clue .. ?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:07 PM
  #68
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants
 
shiftycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Oh quit your *****in, even when we are 1st in the division people gotta cry and cry about meaningless ****, i don't care if Cammy only puts up 50 points this season, if we win the division then that is all that matters. Plus, we all know, come playoff time, he is gonna be a beast for us so until we are last place on a 10 game losing streak, just take pride in how well we are playing this season, also you gotta remember, no one on this team is gonna put up more then 80 points under Jacques Martin, we are a scoring by committee team that plays a two-way game.

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:28 PM
  #69
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
It'd be nice if he actually focused on scoring goals rather than making sure his BioSteel product gets some airtime in his pre/post game interviews
I noticed that. Is he a shareholder or something? Everyone is wearing habs caps, and he's wearing BioSteel with a tub of BioSteel supplements over his shoulder.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:40 PM
  #70
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012
 
RaMMuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...8_section_POS2

He whines about the glass bords at the Bell Center. For me, it just opened a "window" to complain about him.

The guy can't pass the puck properly even if his life depends on it, he is knocked of the puck WAY TO EASILY, he is on his a** whenever he gets hit and worst of all, lately, he shoots wide or worse, on the goalie's crest.

Shut up and play puck Mike!

Did you like Cammy's pass to Gionta's goal last night?

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:41 PM
  #71
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
Oh quit your *****in, even when we are 1st in the division people gotta cry and cry about meaningless ****, i don't care if Cammy only puts up 50 points this season, if we win the division then that is all that matters. Plus, we all know, come playoff time, he is gonna be a beast for us so until we are last place on a 10 game losing streak, just take pride in how well we are playing this season, also you gotta remember, no one on this team is gonna put up more then 80 points under Jacques Martin, we are a scoring by committee team that plays a two-way game.
Come on man, you've been reading this board for years like me. This is just more of the same. Close minded, short memory(when convenient), know it all is a prerequisite to sign up on this board!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:43 PM
  #72
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
Did you like Cammy's pass to Gionta's goal last night?
No! He obviously has no hockey IQ otherwise he would've scored the goal himself.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:44 PM
  #73
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Wow, Cammy gets a free pass by all poster here except the OP...

I'm still waiting for someone to actually call Cammy a "soft" player, because he is, people... He's afraid to get hit and it shows on the ice... he almost never wins a battle in the corner and it's true that he gets knocked off the puck way too easily.

He's a great shooter (not this year so far), he knows where to be around the net and has great hands, but he's as soft as butter.

People trashed on Plekanec for being soft, yet he's stronger than Cammy...
Sure he's soft. But when you can score like Brett Hull people don't care about that. It's more obvious now that he's snakebit. But he's still an artist at scoring, a sharp shooter.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:45 PM
  #74
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
Did you like Cammy's pass to Gionta's goal last night?
He got 2 passes yesterday. on Gionta's goal, and... ... Gomez's?

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
  #75
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
You and Cammalleri would get along. Have you never heard of the term Hockey IQ? Have you not watched the Montreal Canadiens play?

He passes when he should shoot, shoot when he should pass, makes stupid plays like it's his job.

Like I said, he has a world class shot, which is the reason he is in the NHL and the reason he makes so much money. 30 + goal scorers are hard to come by but maybe watch #13 next time and you'll see the bonehead plays he makes.

He thinks he has Kovalev's hands, but he doesn't. He has nothing but a shot.

Of course all you little fanboys will see that he's gonna score 30+ goals and think he is the next Richard, but in reality, he's just not that good.

Edit: It'd be nice if he actually focused on scoring goals rather than making sure his BioSteel product gets some airtime in his pre/post game interviews
Well, well... where to start... you've got a bigger-than-life opinion of your hockey knowledge, don't you? While your post reeks of contempt, I'll pretend your questions are legitimate.

Yes, I have heard of the term Hockey IQ. Why do you ask? Cammy shows he is intelligent on the ice, and manages to get where he need to get to score goals. And yes, I have watched the Montreal Canadiens play, probably longer than you have (I assume the term 'little fanboy' was directed at me, and to set the record straight, I am neither 'little' or a boy. Fan, yes, you got me there.)

He passes when he should shoot - yet he's managed 40+ assists twice, and the last two seasons he didn't he still managed 24 and 28, during injury-shortened campaigns. You do understand that passing the puck is what primarily leads to assists right? I know, not always, but I said primarily and that's a fair statement. And just for a recent example you may have seen, he pased to Gionta last night when he should have passed it to Gionta (a difficult pass at that). Do you feel he should have shot that one?

He shoots when he should pass - well, with the number of assists he's managed to draw, coupled with the above average number of goals he scores, I just don't see how you can come to this conclusion. And don't come back with 'do you watch him play?' because the answer is yes - I see between 70-80 games a season on TV or live. Nothing to read between the lines there, just that, yes, I do watch the games.

I'll skip the stupid plays comment, what is there to say?

Thanks for the insight into what Cammy thinks re: his hands. I doubt many people who play hockey would think they have Kovalev-hands, but hey, if you know something I don't know...

And finally, why you are introducing the Rocket to this discussion is beyond me. You seem to lack focus, perhaps the derision you feel towards Cammy gets you emotional and off-track. Maybe a personal problem between the two of you? Just guessing.

You've shown me no reason to put any stock into your opinion. It is what it is, but you certainly won't be convincing many that your opinion is correct with the whimsical arguments you make.

Michael Cammalleri has been a hgue breath of fresh air for the Habs. His attitude, skill, and work ethic were sorely needed prior to his arrival. The hard-working, winning attitude is returning to the locker room and to the ice after a long absence, in large part due to what he brings.

I think I'm laughing more than I'm crying now. I look forward to more of your Cammy-belittling in the future.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.