HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - LA

Old
11-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
the guys a joke pay no mind. No proposal has ever been good enough to pry the unbelievable talents of Beauchemin away from our team. Pay no mind he does not speak for the masses as much as he believes he does.
uhmmm................ thank you.........................
this spared me one or more infractions in here.

I was just on way to answer him in my words.............

thx buddy

guys like you keeps my hopes up to talk to serious guys when talking
to the Leafs or Habs fan bases.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Doug Gilmour
Leafer Since '95

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFKessSnipes View Post
That video is embarrassing for Kings fans I hope.
LOL! What if its not? What then?

Doug Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Taken plenty of shots to the hand. It's a regular occurance at all levels. The players who aren't injury prone either move their hand or don't get hurt by it. Same thing for twisting knees, the players who aren't injury prone make sure their knees don't get twisted.

One-two injuries in a 2-3 years is a freak incident. 4 in 3 years is a pattern. He's injury prone. End of discussion.
The people here know me as one of the best humans ever.
So, i couldn't live with getting the advantage on my side while you
guys are getting the disadvantage.
I mean i totally appreciate your offer to take an mediocre injurie prone headcase
off our hands and handle us an top defender on top.
But you will always have a place in my heart for taking care of us and have the abillity to see what hurts us and try to cure it.

With these words said i'm afraid to say NO to your noble offer. I hate to say it
but we don't have another chance. We could never wash that shame away how generous your helped us out without caring of own sacrifices.
We couldn't ever give that favor back to you.......... I'm thinking about sending
Kopitar or Brown with that trade but i'm afraid this would insult you and Beauchemins talent.

In our shame i have to say we can't accept your genorous offer.

sincerely,

Jesus friend

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:30 PM
HFKessSnipes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
How is that an embarrassment? The kid gives up 6 inches and 40 pounds, but he still hung in there moved the puck, took the hit, and popped back up and went after the much bigger Ryan. That's stones man, that's the type of attitude I want in all the players on my team. Good on you Moller, you just earned more respect in my books
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
Huh?, Moller's about 5 foot tall, he gets nailed into the boards, but he gets back up. Tough kid.
Did you watch it? It's a like a cinematic trailer for the next Rocky movie.

HFKessSnipes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Back on topic.

We can't afford to trade scoring at a time where we need in. Later this season if we need a defenseman, I would like to have Beauchemin although not now. We do not need any d-men right now.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Jwm1986

No way Jose...

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:34 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
uhmmm................ thank you.........................
this spared me one or more infractions in here.

I was just on way to answer him in my words.............

thx buddy

guys like you keeps my hopes up to talk to serious guys when talking
to the Leafs or Habs fan bases.
i've had many infractions related to him so I've made it impossible for myself to do it in the future. Every one of our players is worth the world in his eyes and we couldn't trade anyone without an overpayment because of the huge hole that would be caused by moving said player. I think he forgets he's a leafs fan and that our team isn't very good which in tern call me crazy but it just may lower the value of a player on our team. Seriously though. just for ####'s and giggles go to any leafs thread and look at his posts and watch how far off topic he takes threads. It's insane. It's always him

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:36 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Back on topic.

We can't afford to trade scoring at a time where we need in. Later this season if we need a defenseman, I would like to have Beauchemin although not now. We do not need any d-men right now.
I would hope that at the latest the leafs would be moving one of the big d by the deadline.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:20 PM
MIDSHIPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
You may not want him, but right now it would take a bonafide top line player for Toronto to trade any of their top 5 defencemen.
Come on jfried, you're smarter than this. A top line player for anyone in the top 5 - TOP 5? Really?

You can't really be picky when you only have 2 top 6 forwards on your entire team and you can't score a goal to save your life and your defense is so great your goalie is calling them out.

MIDSHIPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:28 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
If Toronto wants to make a trade they need to look at Philly Boston NJ Dallas a team that has a lot of forward depth and maybe not even philly but a team that could use defensemen maybe even Colorado.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Habstract

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDSHIPMAN View Post
Come on jfried, you're smarter than this. A top line player for anyone in the top 5 - TOP 5? Really?

You can't really be picky when you only have 2 top 6 forwards on your entire team and you can't score a goal to save your life and your defense is so great your goalie is calling them out.

When your first scorer is Clarke McCarthur, your offense is doing just fine...

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:00 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
The people here know me as one of the best humans ever.
So, i couldn't live with getting the advantage on my side while you
guys are getting the disadvantage.
I mean i totally appreciate your offer to take an mediocre injurie prone headcase
off our hands and handle us an top defender on top.
But you will always have a place in my heart for taking care of us and have the abillity to see what hurts us and try to cure it.

With these words said i'm afraid to say NO to your noble offer. I hate to say it
but we don't have another chance. We could never wash that shame away how generous your helped us out without caring of own sacrifices.
We couldn't ever give that favor back to you.......... I'm thinking about sending
Kopitar or Brown with that trade but i'm afraid this would insult you and Beauchemins talent.

In our shame i have to say we can't accept your genorous offer.

sincerely,

Jesus friend
And people call me an embarassment...

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:07 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDSHIPMAN View Post

Take a quick look at the Leaf roster -- they're built on defence, it's the only part of the team that keeps them in hockey games. Their goaltending is mediocre (and Giggy called out the team as a whole, not the blueline), and their offence is absolutely atrocious. However, their offence is atrocious because they only have 1 top line player. Toronto has plenty of 2nd/3rd line talents, including Grabovski, Kulemin, Versteeg, Bozak, Armstrong & MacArthur. Adding another player of this calibre isn't going to make our offence that much better. Losing any of the top 5 will make our defence much worse. Schenn & Kaberle have been our best defensive pair, Beauchemin has been instrumental in covering for Phaneuf's mistakes. Phaneuf is the captain so he's going nowhere, Komisarek is very important right now because as we've witnessed, injuries do happen. With the way Carl Gunnarsson has played, we're really not in a position to put him into a top 4 role on a temporary basis. They don't have anywhere near a strong enough offence to play a trap, which means they need to have an excellent group of 1on1 defencemen.

Toronto needs help up front, but they need it without sacrificing their blueline....nevermind sacrificing Beauchemin to make a move that is lateral at best in going from Versteeg to Williams.

It's not a matter of being picky, you simply have to realize what's going to make your team better and what's a move for the sake of making a move. Unless the Leafs are getting a guy that can make Kessel a much more effective player (i.e. a first liner who create space for him), it's not worth sacrificing the blueline.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 03:19 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Im sorry as a leafs fans I'd not do this. I don't come here much often anymore but to all the king fans who are praising William... You know as well as I do he will be a big target at the deadline and very very possible moved. Yea he maybe good ATM but that guys good when he isn't injured saw him play as canes. I'll keep a younger steeger who can still kill penalties if he's in a slump.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Im sorry as a leafs fans I'd not do this. I don't come here much often anymore but to all the king fans who are praising William... You know as well as I do he will be a big target at the deadline and very very possible moved. Yea he maybe good ATM but that guys good when he isn't injured saw him play as canes. I'll keep a younger steeger who can still kill penalties if he's in a slump.
Lol wut?! There is literally no chance the Kings trade Williams at the deadline.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Wait, what? Why would we trade Williams?

Geez, please work on your grammar. I can barely understand what you're saying. There's no reason for the Kings to trade Williams. If he's healthy, he is going to be one of our best offensive weapons. If he's injured, then why the hell would anyone trade for him?

Jeez, at least watch a Kings game this year before commenting.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Man Bear Pig

I don't really see how this deal would help either team. Williams and Steeger will pretty much put out the same amount of production. Yes, I am aware that Steeger has started off slow and Williams has been hot. The Kings, like us have plenty of d-men so no need for Beauchemin and Moller is just another third line center. A decent prospect and a leader but not a point producer. Certainly not a top 6 player which is what we need more then anything. Doesn't benefit either team.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 02:04 PM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc116 View Post
To Kings:
Kris Versteeg
Francois Beauchemin

To Leafs:
Justin Williams
Oscar Moller

Flame away.
Kings don't do it. Williams is on fire and they do not need another defenseman. I'm not sure if the Leafs would do the deal, either.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
lol williams > Versteeg?

Williams ****en sucked in the playoffs last year

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
lol williams > Versteeg?

Williams ****en sucked in the playoffs last year
Williams did suck but it never really looked like he recovered fully from his injuries by the time playoffs came around. He has been really good this year, hope he can stay healthy for once.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote