HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2 goals on the PP and gomez scores, in other news hell has frozen over. Habs win!

Old
11-12-2010, 12:28 AM
JustAHabFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
God I love beating the bruins, what a great night. I was overjoyed to see them score the winner on that ****ing charas penalty. Beating the bruins isnt quite as good as sex but not a bad runner up
But according to Bruins' fans, that was a weak call on Chara.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:00 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
Great game from everyone!
Don't get to say that too often in Taranta huh ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Only thing better is sex while watching the game.
I second this, with experience too.

"Et le premiere etoile, the first star... Carey Price!"
"Hey Carey got the first star, what do you have to say now, hunny?"
"Shut up and get back down there"
"Yes ma'am"

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:08 AM
Jiggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
McQuaid is my favourite Bruins player.

I know nothing else about him other than his name, but he's awesome.
Every time I heard his name it'd make me think to myself..

"Well if it isn't my old friend Mr. McQuaid, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg"

Jiggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Was a really good effort,kept control most of the game and Price was great yet again

Seriously beating Boston is getting boring, I don't even bother my friends anymore, they just know they are going to lose

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:33 AM
PricePkPatch

First of all, here's my post on the GDT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver
Is it gonna be Subban's first game against the Bruins?

Are we popping a cherry tonight?!
Called it!

Second of all, beating the Bruins should be a therapeutical treatment. "Feeling depressed? Doubting your life? Tune on RDS for the Habs/Bruins game!"

Seriously. What can you say when ALL the problems our club have had since the beginning of the year are solved while playing the Bruins?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:36 AM
habsjunkie2*

Even when Gomez scores, he still looks horrible and what a ****** goal. Other than that the team is looking great.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Even when Gomez scores, he still looks horrible and what a ****** goal. Other than that the team is looking great.
He played pretty well, encouraging at least. Scored set up Kostitisyn a few times and skated well last night, now let's hope he takes off from here cause if he doesn't it's going to be a really long year for him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:53 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
Montreal are 33-8-2 vs Boston since the 2005-06 season. For such a "Big" Rivalry, its awfully one sided.
And they say we are the smurfs, and soft...what a joke Ol' time hockey in Beantown...not to mention their choke in the playoffs last year...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
2.2 gaa for price coupled with a .922 sv pct%

as well this continues our defensive dominance, we've allowed only 4 or more goals once in sixteen games this season
That's very nice

Especially considering that he has the most TOI among goalies with 902:36 and 15 games played (tied with Neuvirth).

Hell yeah

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:19 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I thought this was one of the most entertaining games of the year.

I felt the puck was moving quickly and the player were skating hard. Price and Rask both played extremely well.

Subban had his best game of they year. He was awesome out there.

Pouliot I thought also had a really great game. He's so fast for a big guy (well, tall at least).

Kostitsyn is another that I thought played really really well.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:24 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I thought this was one of the most entertaining games of the year.

I felt the puck was moving quickly and the player were skating hard. Price and Rask both played extremely well.

Subban had his best game of they year. He was awesome out there.

Pouliot I thought also had a really great game. He's so fast for a big guy (well, tall at least).

Kostitsyn is another that I thought played really really well.
Must... find... point... to criticise...

Old
11-12-2010, 08:31 AM
HomaridII

From HIO ....

http://habsinsideout.com/boone/39636

Late last night, HardHabits posted something he'd found on TSN's Comments board:

I'm a Sens fan. Montreal is very clearly buying in to what Jacques Martin is selling. He did this for years in Ottawa and now he's doing it in Montreal. His defensive system is by far one of the best in the NHL. Montreal is playing 100% like a team every single game. No individuals over there. How else could they overcome such a brutally slow start from both Gomez and Gionta.

:The one thing that always killed Martin when he coached the Sens," HardHabits added, "was he never had the goaltending needed to go all the way. Guess what?"

Guess what, indeed!

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:34 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Exactly what I said earlier. These guys got alot of time off. If they are out of gas after two back to back games, then they aren't a threat to anyone. Overated and have a ton of cap issues. The Ryder and Thomas contracts are out of this world. Thats alot of cap space for two pluggers.
Man if Thomas is a plugger, the Bruins are one scary mother****ing team...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
:The one thing that always killed Martin when he coached the Sens," HardHabits added, "was he never had the goaltending needed to go all the way. Guess what?"

Guess what, indeed!
Personally i think that one of the flaws of JM is that his system is not based on grit and physical play enough and that can be a problem in the playoffs. That was apparent when the Sens faced the Leafs in the PO a couple of years in a row and got eliminated every time even if they had a better team on paper. Lalime didn't help but i still remember how guys like Roberts killed them due to his gritty style of play.

Other than that it's not a bad system at all and we had some success with it against the Caps and Pens last year.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Pouliot is at the right spot for this stage of his career -- as the offensive guy on a (good) third line. He's still a bit too raw to take on top-6 minutes, plus he's too aggressive when he does so (especially with Gomez and Gionta) whereas with Halpern and Darche he tends to hover around the mid to high slot, which seems to suit him better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I've never really seen a player that screams ' confidence issues' quite like pouliot. As long as he stays confident, he will be a dangerous player.
Yeah, confidence and/or motivation seems to have been dogging him. But I notice it's like I can see him thinking about where he needs to be on the ice depending on how the play is developing for his linemates, i.e. sensing when a turnover might happen against us or where to get to to sustain offensive pressure. He's been a bright spot this year, IMO.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:13 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Man, i have been one of the more vociferous Gomez detractors since we made the trade but I can't agree with that statement. That was a nice goal. I don't understand your comment. He cut to the slot instead of figure skating into the corner as he's prone to do.

Actually, he has played fairly well the last couple of games except for his handful of brain farts where he makes stupid blind passes to the opposition. Or where sometimes he dogs it on important shifts

I've resigned myself to this part of his game. To tell you the truth I've started to like him as a team mate. I'm sure he's a big reason why our locker room is in good shape.

I've also started to appreciate him as a hockey player. He's not one of my favorites - far from it - but I can see what coaches like in him. I still would not have made that trade but Gomez is a decent hockey player if we play him as a second line center man.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoned View Post
Great game by the boys tonight.
We don't want to score in an empty net. No need to humiliate our opponents.
No tbh it seems like we're trying very hard to and fail everytime

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Turboflex*

Great hockey game, lots of rushing, crisp passing especially by the Habs, nice forchecking.

I wouldn't call the Habs system a trap, it definitely wasn't in the old New Jersey style of 1 guy in middle forcing a lateral movement, then then the next 3 smother.

The Habs had 2 guys aggressively tag teaming on the forecheck (one would go in hard, but peel off with speed so he wasn't caught deep, and when he peeled off another guy would replace him, also coming in fast, repeat until Bruins D could move it, but it was giving them fits, lots of fumbling), and then had 2 forwards setup at the red line as picks. The Habs have a lot of strong defensive forwards, and they were doing a great job of creating turnovers at the red line, the Bruins had a lot of trouble getting past them on the rush, and dumping wasn't working well either because they were too far back to pressure D on retrieval.

I really like this new defensive scheme the Habs are running.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground And Pound View Post
Personally i think that one of the flaws of JM is that his system is not based on grit and physical play enough and that can be a problem in the playoffs. That was apparent when the Sens faced the Leafs in the PO a couple of years in a row and got eliminated every time even if they had a better team on paper. Lalime didn't help but i still remember how guys like Roberts killed them due to his gritty style of play.

Other than that it's not a bad system at all and we had some success with it against the Caps and Pens last year.
Lack of grit and goaltending share the blame for the Sens' playoff shortcomings those years vs the Leafs. And the goaltending issue is usually overblown in retrospect; a lot of people remember Lalime's bad goals more than the Sens getting pushed around, crashing the net, etc.

Then again, it's hard to imagine or justify how the hell they stuck with a guy so long who never got another starting job in the NHL.

Last edited by Jedrik: 11-12-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:32 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Great hockey game, lots of rushing, crisp passing especially by the Habs, nice forchecking.

I wouldn't call the Habs system a trap, it definitely wasn't in the old New Jersey style of 1 guy in middle forcing a lateral movement, then then the next 3 smother.

The Habs had 2 guys aggressively tag teaming on the forecheck (one would go in hard, but peel off with speed so he wasn't caught deep, and when he peeled off another guy would replace him, also coming in fast, repeat until Bruins D could move it, but it was giving them fits, lots of fumbling), and then had 2 forwards setup at the red line as picks. The Habs have a lot of strong defensive forwards, and they were doing a great job of creating turnovers at the red line, the Bruins had a lot of trouble getting past them on the rush, and dumping wasn't working well either because they were too far back to pressure D on retrieval.

I really like this new defensive scheme the Habs are running.
I really have a lot of trouble being objective about Subban, and I think my fellow habs fan do too. What is your take on our star rookie?

Last edited by PricePkPatch: 11-12-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old
11-12-2010, 09:36 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Didnt montreal beat the bruins in the playoffs a year before that? and for like seven straight seasons before that

subbanged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
I really have a lot of trouble being objective about Subban, and I think my fellow habs fan do too. What is your take on our star rookie?
I am a Habs fan

I like the way Subban has been leashed up a bit, he was hot dogging it too much the first 10 games. While entertaining, he did create turnovers, try to deke through people instead of passing to open guys, put himself out of position and in dangerous situations. He's now learning how to play D properly in the NHL, he'll get more chances to use his moves eventually, but it'll be in a more disciplined Scott Niedermayer style, not running around like a clownish 4th forward (Mike Greene).

Also was this the first game with him on the left side on the PP? Looks like the coaches are trying to use him as a shooter, but seeing if Markov can still be effective on RD. I guess we'll see, obviously the goal was some measure of success.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
once again, here are some highlights with the CKAC Sports audio feed.

(GWG)
("Scott Gomez!?!?")

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Lafleurs Guy

I'm extremely happy with how we've played this year. Last year I can remember only a handful of games where we actually outplayed the opposition. Every game was the same story, get outplayed and pray for the goaltending and power play to bail us out. Bottom line is that almost every night we just flat out sucked and needed the goalies to save us.

As far as I'm concerned, we've already outplayed our opponents in more games than we did all of last season. And what's really shocking is that we've done it with a horrific power play.

Yes, its early and yes we've played against mostly bad teams but we're winning (and outplaying the bad guys in) the games we're supposed to win and that's what you want to see. Beating the better clubs (Canucks and Bruins) was a nice touch too. We're playing very good hockey now.

Price has played great (as he did for most of last year) and unlike last year, he finally has some support. That's really something to be happy about because I didn't go into this season with a good feeling with all of the negativity surrounding the Halak trade. Price's teammates rallied and the results have shown on the ice. Good stuff.

BTW, anyone notice that Jack Todd still hasn't acknowledged that Price has played well yet? Last year he would take EVERY opportunity to bash the guy but strangely hasn't written much about him this year apart from his usual rippiongs in the pre-season. Just thought I'd point that out.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote