Notices

Patrick Holland

Old
11-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Patrick Holland

Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone has seen Patrick Holland play so far this year. He was our seventh round pick in the 2010 draft. I noticed on the WHL site that he's got 21 points in 18 games. Is there some hope for this guy?

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 04:59 PM
tfong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone has seen Patrick Holland play so far this year. He was our seventh round pick in the 2010 draft. I noticed on the WHL site that he's got 21 points in 18 games. Is there some hope for this guy?
At first I thought we got Peter Holland, then I realized it wasn't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kJJ0g4VyVQ

Beach vs Holland fight.

http://hammerrules.blogspot.com/sear...rick%20Holland

Some guy blogging about Holland and the TC Americans, he is pretty up about Holland being underrated. In one post he remarks on Holland's skating ability, vision and all around play.

Oh I also found a thread in the Hf prospects forums about him.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=824382

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:16 PM
flames123

Watching him in the Dub it is clear he is a "dominant" and "skilled" player. He is one of those guys that stands out (think Kozun). When he is on the ice he is making plays that wow and awe and are exciting to watch. He makes things happen. The times I have seen him he has been all over the ice and his skating ability is very evident and a big part of his game. Next time I see him I'll try to pay more attention but that is kinda my first impression.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:23 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
Watching him in the Dub it is clear he is a "dominant" and "skilled" player. He is one of those guys that stands out (think Kozun). When he is on the ice he is making plays that wow and awe and are exciting to watch. He makes things happen. The times I have seen him he has been all over the ice and his skating ability is very evident and a big part of his game. Next time I see him I'll try to pay more attention but that is kinda my first impression.
The blogger I posted said Holland reminded him of Hemsky styled player. Any truth to this? Does he play big minutes?

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:30 PM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
The blogger I posted said Holland reminded him of Hemsky styled player. Any truth to this? Does he play big minutes?
I barely knew he was a Flames prospect so I wasn't paying much attention to him. He was noticeable. He wasn't one of those players that just floats around. He was always trying to make things happen. I would say his minutes are probably close to 19-20 mins in the game I watched. He was on the ice a lot in all situations. As for the Hemsky comparison I don't really know enough to make the comparison. Like I said I will try to watch him more next time he plays here (march 9th, remind me!)

Old
11-12-2010, 06:37 PM
flames123

Holland had 45 points in 34 games as a 16 year old rookie for 1.3PPG avg.

EDIT: I think that is a typo from the Flames website.