HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

World Championship roster TEAM GERMANY

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2005, 12:53 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

vCash: 500
Never good with that much in fighting going on.

Old
05-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Superb WC Mr. Poss ! Hands down...

Old
05-10-2005, 01:58 PM
ts

Oh man, I'm speechless. No, No, Noooooooooooooo...
Bye, Bye, Poss. Plz!

Old
05-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Sanderson

Great, Austria is losing against Slovenia...

I'm not exactly saying Germany is a powerhouse, but they should have beaten the **** out of Kazakhstan, Austria and Denmark...

What a great finish to the hockey season
Somehow non of the teams or stars I support are having a good year.

Old
05-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Hellström

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson
Somehow non of the teams or stars I support are having a good year.
Sorry to be sarcastic, but you´re not interested in becoming a Austria-Fan and Dallas-Fan, aren´t you ?

Old
05-11-2005, 06:30 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Well I'm not too disappointed. We will get out of this black hole and get promoted again and the team will be supported by the Germans fans like we always did.

Old
05-11-2005, 08:51 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

There's just something about Italy being promoted at Germany's expense that is.... well, wrong. It's nothing against Italy as a country or Italians, it just feels weird that Italy will be there next year and Germany won't.

But, I can take solace in the fact that by all rights, a fully healthy German roster should slaughter its competition in the second division.

Old
05-11-2005, 09:29 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Wow this really really sucks

Old
05-12-2005, 12:03 AM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakos
Former Natio-Coach Hans Zach could replace his replacement after the WC in Austria.
According to different sources Poss has had rough discussion with players (Lewandowski, Felski).
Poss and his assistant Ernst Höfner were screaming at each other while former Assistant Bernie Engelbrecht was back on the bench against Austria after being demoted to video coach.

Jan Benda, Klaus Kathan and a player not to be named talked about the style and/or lack of cleverness after Poss had become the headcoach.
Zach told yahoo that he´d talk to the DEB if they´re interested in him and Reindl stated that the DEB will have discussion with and about the coach after this years WC.

Interesting time coming along
Having Zach back will be a step back, Hofner is a disciple of Zach so he is no good either. I'm not saying Poss is the answer but trying a more uptemp game is not a crime and should be given a chance so the team can think about beating the big seven , not being happy with a 2-0 loss. The German's fighting spirit will always be there, it is time to now take your technically gifted hockey players and encourage them to be as good as they can be, not skate backwards through the neutral zone waiving their damn stick! I'm not pleased the Germans are going down either but a return to Zach is a temporary ******** solution, Poss should be commended for trying to make positive changes even if they did not work. I saw Hofner's work with the World Junior team in Halifax. To play with so little ambition makes it not even worth travelling overseas to play. Go 1-4 system and hope Patzold stops 45 shots so you can lose 4-0. Great plan. With such passive systems coaches have to make sure transition and net drive are a priority, the Czechs know how to do this. Hofner and Zach did not as if the second player crossing the blue drove hard to the net they would no doubt be yelled at- and they had crappy PP's as well . Players forget how to play offense if its not worked on. Be careful for what you wish for.

Old
05-12-2005, 04:48 AM
Hellström

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
The German's fighting spirit will always be there,
I question that big time right now, since i´ve seen no effort in the game and Jochen Hecht stated in an interview, that the coach most likely isn´t able to interact with the team and that´s a thing i can´t accept.
I´ve never been a fan of Zach and his hockey, but he´s been successfull.
I do like the change to a more offensive game, but it has to be developed slowly. Poss wasn´t able to ignite the fire and i blame him therefore. I don´t have a problem with losing against the big seven, but i do have problems with losing in the way we did against Switzerland and Denmark.
There´s no doubt that both countries do have good players, but you have to show up in those games. I´ve seen nothing of it and the only reason why Zach is the frontrunner for the job is, that he´s able to ignite the fire or he´ll dump the player. Play with heart, dedication or don´t play at all. I don´t know another option, maybe Michael Komma, but i´m not sold on him this or that way.

The game starts with hard work, if you´re not working hard you´re not going to win with a defensive or offensive style of play and we´ve taken a step backwards since Poss took over, cause we lost the hard work. If we do achieve that quality again, i´m the first to support the offensive style of play.

Old
05-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Sanderson

Germany's group next year:

France
Japan
Great Britain
Hungary
Israel

The tournament will either be in France or Japan.

Old
05-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Hellström

Good selection for Germany IMO, since Estonia and Latvia are in the other group.
France would be fine...Japan...hmm way to go

Old
05-13-2005, 05:47 AM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Quote:
I question that big time right now, since i´ve seen no effort in the game and Jochen Hecht stated in an interview, that the coach most likely isn´t able to interact with the team and that´s a thing i can´t accept.
I´ve never been a fan of Zach and his hockey, but he´s been successfull.
I do like the change to a more offensive game, but it has to be developed slowly. Poss wasn´t able to ignite the fire and i blame him therefore. I don´t have a problem with losing against the big seven, but i do have problems with losing in the way we did against Switzerland and Denmark.
There´s no doubt that both countries do have good players, but you have to show up in those games. I´ve seen nothing of it and the only reason why Zach is the frontrunner for the job is, that he´s able to ignite the fire or he´ll dump the player. Play with heart, dedication or don´t play at all. I don´t know another option, maybe Michael Komma, but i´m not sold on him this or that way.

The game starts with hard work, if you´re not working hard you´re not going to win with a defensive or offensive style of play and we´ve taken a step backwards since Poss took over, cause we lost the hard work. If we do achieve that quality again, i´m the first to support the offensive style of play.
They may have to go even further outside the box if Poss is not up to it. I'm not suggesting a return to George Kingston but there are good coaches all over the world. By the way i do appreciate the fact you need hard work, it has to be there for any team to win, Zach was able to draw it out but a coach like him has a short shelf life so i think many players have heard his tune. Zach may well be able to take a program like France or Poland and give them a kick in the ass, i'm sure he;ll find a job.

Old
05-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Sanderson

Uwe Krupp will likely be the new Head Coach, Poss will stay as team manager...

I don't really know what to expect. Sometimes somebody with no real head coach experience can surprise everybody.

Old
05-21-2005, 01:16 PM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Good selection for Germany IMO, since Estonia and Latvia are in the other group.
France would be fine...Japan...hmm way to go
Latvia? Do your homework on Baltic countries please

Old
05-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Hellström

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boucicaut
Latvia? Do your homework on Baltic countries please
No need to be so rude, Mr.KnowItAll

Just the correction would be enough, since everybody is making a mistake sometimes, maybe not you...but the rest of "us".
Message stays the same: no Baltic team in the group for Germany is most likely good news.

Old
05-21-2005, 01:28 PM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
No need to be so rude, Mr.KnowItAll

Just the correction would be enough, since everybody is making a mistake sometimes, maybe not you...but the rest of "us".
Message stays the same: no Baltic team in the group for Germany is most likely good news.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. It was an attempt to be humorous, but wasn't very successfull apparently.

Old
05-21-2005, 04:51 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Krupp coach? I'm not so sure I like this.

Old
05-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Hellström

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. It was an attempt to be humorous, but wasn't very successfull apparently.

Ok - no problem at all.

Krupp: I´m with you Dan. No experience, has been out of Germany for many years, but he´s fresh, he´s well respected... reminds me of Klinsmann, who´s also well respected and is living in NA.

Old
05-24-2005, 06:33 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Bakos, you surely meant "Lithuania".

I think that's what the Finnish fella was referring to.

Old
05-24-2005, 06:40 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Ah. The suomi complex

Old
05-24-2005, 07:27 AM
Hellström

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle
Bakos, you surely meant "Lithuania".

I think that's what the Finnish fella was referring to.
Yup - you´re right
Every time i read something about Baltic teams i can´t remember which team it was 5 minutes later...Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, whatever

Closed Thread