HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 Flyers Prospects & Phantoms Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2010, 08:37 PM
FightingMajor

vCash: 500
for all you rinaldo haters, he apparently is playing pretty well. I realize some of you want a team full of Carters and nodls, but you need players like him too. you should at least give him a chance

Old
11-12-2010, 08:40 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingMajor View Post
for all you rinaldo haters, he apparently is playing pretty well. I realize some of you want a team full of Carters and nodls, but you need players like him too. you should at least give him a chance
We hate retarded players...sorry.

Heard Wellwood is having a sick game. Used his speed, blew past a defender and sniped it uptop.

Old
11-12-2010, 08:49 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Downie without Downie's offense, boardwork, and dedication is not Downie. It's just a liability.

It'll take a lot to make me a Rinaldo believer. Demonstrating that he could possibly, even by the slimmest margin, be of any use to the Flyers is the first step.

Old
11-12-2010, 08:52 PM
FightingMajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
We hate retarded players...sorry.

Heard Wellwood is having a sick game. Used his speed, blew past a defender and sniped it uptop.
im not even going to argue with you because people like you will never change your mind. all i can say is thank god some of you aren't the gm.

Old
11-12-2010, 08:55 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
im not even going to argue with you because people like you will never change your mind. all i can say is thank god some of you aren't the gm.
Why? If you were GM, I guess we would be full of baddass players who can barely play but their goons so its ok.

Im guessing you never followed Rinaldo's career. The dude is crazy....literally to a point where he had to get help. Sorry if I dont find that entertaining. Id rather see a skillful player dangle and score a goal then a player who goes around hitting people and looking like a jackass

Old
11-12-2010, 09:00 PM
FightingMajor

Quote:
Why? If you were GM, I guess we would be full of baddass players who can barely play but their goons so its ok.

Im guessing you never followed Rinaldo's career. The dude is crazy....literally to a point where he had to get help. Sorry if I dont find that entertaining. Id rather see a skillful player dangle and score a goal then a player who goes around hitting people and looking like a jackass
you need a mixture of both.

Old
11-12-2010, 09:03 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I agree you need a mix BUT the player has to be smart. The guy constantly takes penalties and is more of a liability then anything and is crazy. Id rather take a chance on a player who can fight and protect his teammates then a player who is off the deep end.

Old
11-12-2010, 09:32 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
we already have grit. Richards, Hartnell, Powe, Carcillo, Pronger, O'D, etc

Old
11-12-2010, 09:32 PM
CerpinTaxt

woo the streak is over! 4-3 ot win

Hamel with 2 goals. Wellwood and Holmstrom with the other 2.

Old
11-12-2010, 09:35 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerpinTaxt View Post
woo the streak is over! 4-3 ot win

Hamel with 2 goals. Wellwood and Holmstrom with the other 2.
I know right? Thank god we're through that mess.

This team already looks so much better. It's scary to think how much things went down with Gilbert, and how much we lost because of it.

Old
11-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Terence Peterman

If anyone thinks this team "needs" a player like Rinaldo I've got a really nice bridge to sell you.

Old
11-13-2010, 01:11 AM
goalby66

Send a message via ICQ to goalby66
Figures. I go to the game yesterday to see Kadri and the Phantoms lose. I work tonight and we win. Maybe I should try to get a shift tomorrow?

Old
11-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Luigi#17

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalby66 View Post
Legein played his best game of the season yesterday.
About time...Go on, Stef!

Old
11-13-2010, 03:34 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
So no chance Maroon comes back now that Gilbert's gone?

Old
11-13-2010, 05:48 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
So no chance Maroon comes back now that Gilbert's gone?
Zero.

Even if the organization thought it was a mistake after the fact, they would never come out and admit that.

Old
11-13-2010, 06:20 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
If anyone thinks this team "needs" a player like Rinaldo I've got a really nice bridge to sell you.
No, but a little bit of crazy in a player can be a good thing. If he can learn to reign it in (Downie did it), I think this guy can be a very useful third liner.

Maybe I missed something but he seems to be behaving in Adirondack so far. I think he can do it. I like his upside a lot.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:02 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Downie without Downie's offense, boardwork, and dedication is not Downie. It's just a liability.

It'll take a lot to make me a Rinaldo believer. Demonstrating that he could possibly, even by the slimmest margin, be of any use to the Flyers is the first step.
why are you questioning his dedication? his boardwork is not an issue, can he improve it? sure as can everyone else. The comparisons people make to downie are silly imo. Downie is a legit top 6 player. Rinaldo isnt and wont be.He hasnt done anything out of the ordinary on the farm.

Old
11-13-2010, 11:27 AM
CptCannon

Rinaldo would be a great fourth liner for us after couple of years. Put him with Powe and Betts -esque players and he'd be very fine. Also, he's not gonna ask for much more than the league minimum, Carcillo gonna get 1M-2M / year soonish.

Old
11-13-2010, 12:08 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Carcillo already make 1 million

Old
11-13-2010, 12:44 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:

at this point hes the equivalent of a skill player that dangles and goes -4. but thats different than saying i like what he brings to the table and if he can get it under control without losing his competitive edge id love to see him on the team.

Old
11-13-2010, 01:28 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
so we at least know who will be blaming the referees when Rinaldo does something stupid, gets kicked out of the game and cost the Flyers a win.

Old
11-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
No, but a little bit of crazy in a player can be a good thing. If he can learn to reign it in (Downie did it), I think this guy can be a very useful third liner.

Maybe I missed something but he seems to be behaving in Adirondack so far. I think he can do it. I like his upside a lot.
He doesn't have any upside. The guy's going to be the epitome of a goon on the edge, and will gain a reputation for being over it. If he had half the actual hockey ability of Downie, then maybe I could see why people like him, but he doesn't.

Old
11-13-2010, 02:56 PM
bney7

Never understood comparing Rinaldo to Downie, seems a lot more of a Carcillo model. I actually think he's the guy that feels the void left by Carcillo when he moves on. The one thing I like about him is that he can skate really well for a guy who plays his role. He'll learn some discipline the more he plays. People thought Carcillo was this uncontrollable player but he rarely ever takes a penalty that puts us short handed.

Old
11-13-2010, 03:39 PM
FightingMajor

agreed,he will be the perfect replacement for carcillo and will be at league minimum too. Paddock has praised his play and I will take his word over some random person on a message board.

Old
11-13-2010, 05:41 PM
bney7

Btw here's Paddock on Wellwood & Rinaldo. He seems to like both of them quite a bit. It'll be good if these guys can fill in a few roster spots on the 3rd/4th lines for cheap in the next few years. I still think Kalinski could take Betts or Powe's spot if either of them are asking for too much money.

Quote:
On Wellwood’s play:

“The game’s I’ve seen of him this year, both him and Rinaldo as first year players have been very, very effective. That’s continued. I think he’s been the best forward on the team to date in the season. He plays all situations, he can play any position, he’s got speed and brains. He’s going to be an NHL player, just who knows when.”

On Rinaldo drawing two penalties and throwing some hits:

“I think that’s the way he’s played all the time. The game’s I’ve seen, and I don’t think he’s taken any nights off, he hasn’t taken many bad penalties at all. He got shortchanged last night. He’s been an effective player, for sure.”
http://poststar.com/app/blogs/?cat=784

Closed Thread