HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The LBH Line: Kindred Spirits!

Old
11-12-2010, 09:17 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
The LBH Line: Kindred Spirits!

This is why as I've expressed before anybody that judges this line other than as a unit that plays Lavy's system to a T and wants to trade any individual component despite their continued success since the playoffs is completely off their rocker...

Quote:
Management understands Leino’s value to the team and especially to Briere, who struggled for two years to find the right “mix” with linemates.

Ask Briere about Leino and he gets emotional.

“Sometimes, you put the two best players together and it is not necessarily going to click,” Briere said. “We have guys like Giroux and Richards and Carter but our line has been clicking. The three of us together, maybe we’re not as good on our own, but the instant chemistry we have together is something we’ve built.

“I know this. I had it with Shane Doan in Phoenix. I had it with [Jason] Pominville and Jochen Hecht in Buffalo. You don’t just find that anywhere. And it was something that was very tough for me when I signed in Philly.

“I didn’t find instant chemistry with anybody here. The lines were constantly changing. For me, this is the most fun I have had as a Flyer. Ville and Scotty are very important to me personally, as they are to the team.”

Which is why the Flyers are determined to find a way to re-sign Leino. There is a significant trickle-down effect that management recognizes.

“I like playing with those guys because they allow me to play with my instincts,” Leino said. “They know what I am trying to do. Go to those empty spots when I have the puck and there are guys on me. I’ve said it before, when you can play off instinct, it makes for enjoyable games.”

On Thursday night in Carolina, Leino threw two spinarama passes to the net. Hartnell scored on one, though the goal was denied for a kicking motion, and Briere scored on the other.

Leino’s knack for tape-to-tape passes that produce scoring chances speaks to his 10 assists.

“Both those passes last night and the goal that went in, it’s all hockey sense,” Zito said. “Ville really meant to get those guys the puck. It wasn’t just throw it at the net and see what happens like I might do in an old timers league. Those are real plays.”

Leino, who was lost in a numbers shuffle in Detroit, admits he’s antsy about re-signing. He has made it a point not to talk to Zito.

“It wasn’t a good fit for me in Detroit even though I thought it would,” Leino admitted. “Here, I have been able to be myself and it’s been fun. I don’t know what they have been talking about with Homer, but I really enjoy being here. I want to stay here.

“Hopefully, something will get worked out. Everything works here for me, professionally. I feel I’m in a good spot here. I’ve got the right line, I play on the power play. We’ve got a lot of different players here. It’s a good fit.

http://www.csnphilly.com/11/12/10/bP...547&feedID=704

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:28 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

LBH is the stuff of legend. We need to keep them together.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:31 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Being honest though, you havent seen many people at all the past few games complain about Briere's defense. I havent even seen the problems Ive constantly seen in the past in Briere's defensive play.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:37 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Its because they are always in the O zone. He doesnt get a chance to play D. (Not a bad thing obviously)

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:40 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Being honest though, you havent seen many people at all the past few games complain about Briere's defense. I havent even seen the problems Ive constantly seen in the past in Briere's defensive play.
Maybe less so but there are still some people on here not only wanting to trade Briere b/c he "will" be an anchor as he gets older but also still saying he sucks with his individual D. Anyway, I'm just glad these guys are clicking the way they are and it's nice to hear it from their mouths.

Old
11-12-2010, 09:42 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Its because they are always in the O zone. He doesnt get a chance to play D. (Not a bad thing obviously)
Nope not a bad thing at all...that's what Lavy said in the playoffs and what his system is about...patience with the puck and offensive pressure. There is no one and done shots with that line..they cycle and they force the opposing line to play D more times than not. The best defense is your offense sometimes particularly with that line...

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 11-12-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: clarification
Old
11-12-2010, 10:05 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

I thought the acronym looked familiar, so I looked it up.

Apparently HBL stands for "Hell Break Loose."

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/HBL

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 03:46 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
LBH<BAMF imo

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 04:11 AM
chaosof99*

More importantly:

Quote:
Leino is represented by Bill Zito, who also represents Kimmo Timonen. Much like Pat Morris, the Flyers and Zito have a strong working relationship.

“I’ve talked to Paul a couple of times about this and we’re going to get together, maybe in the next week or so,” Zito said.
Sounds good to me. I see potential for the Payoff line to work great in this club for years to come.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Briere's defensive lapses are covered by Leino. It's unbelievable how good he is at stealing the puck in all three zones.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 06:53 AM
MsWoof

I hope they can sign him soon. I got a bit verklempt reading Danny's comments!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote