HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 4.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2010, 02:01 AM
  #51
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,167
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Thanks. I've been to Montreal countless times (I can't even count the amount of times) but mostly to visit my dad in Coteau De Luc (sp?). I just have never seen a NASCAR store so thought I might have missed it.

Thanks for all the info.

EDIT: Also I must ask. Do you mean the "main circuit will come" as in stores or races? If Sprint Cup comes to Canada to race I will trip out in a good way
For Sprint Cup what I`ve heard is that if they continue to sell out, then maybe in 2012, but for sure 2013. That will pretty much put Montreal on the A circuit for good. Apparently Nascar is very happy with how Montreal is turning out.

Looks promising, for sure!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 02:21 AM
  #52
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Hab View Post
For Sprint Cup what I`ve heard is that if they continue to sell out, then maybe in 2012, but for sure 2013. That will pretty much put Montreal on the A circuit for good. Apparently Nascar is very happy with how Montreal is turning out.

Looks promising, for sure!
You honestly made my night. I guess there are good Hab fans out there. I kid I kid I've been googling it a bit since I read your post and I didn't realize Nationwide did so well there. With viewership going down it makes sence to try to expand. I also found out my guy Jeff Gordon is building a track in Niagra Falls (1 mile track) for 172 mill and is pushing for them to bring it to Canada. He is a legend in the sport so good to hear. That could be 2 potential tracks.

If this happens I will go to every race in Montreal Living with about 6-7 Hab fans, it's easy finding people to want to go there

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 02:35 AM
  #53
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,167
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
You honestly made my night. I guess there are good Hab fans out there. I kid I kid I've been googling it a bit since I read your post and I didn't realize Nationwide did so well there. With viewership going down it makes sence to try to expand. I also found out my guy Jeff Gordon is building a track in Niagra Falls (1 mile track) for 172 mill and is pushing for them to bring it to Canada. He is a legend in the sport so good to hear. That could be 2 potential tracks.

If this happens I will go to every race in Montreal Living with about 6-7 Hab fans, it's easy finding people to want to go there
Yeah , It`s a hockey Forum, but the Nationwide Series has sold out every year it was North, apparently there is a deal for a Sprint Cup Race if they did well for 5 years, that means 2013 or earlier, could attach it to the week after Glen Watkins NY. Montreal has many car fans..ie F1 & more, maybe just not on the Hockey Forums, because Habs fans are all over the country & world. Montreal loves the race, the tix sales prove it.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 05:00 PM
  #54
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt
 
Buck Aki Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,268
vCash: 500
Hey guys, I'm looking for a decent place to eat in the Gaybourhood. I'm taking my girlfriend to a show at Le National this Tuesday, and want to grab a bite before the show.

Bring-your-own-wine is preferred, but feel free to suggest anything. We're both partial to Thai food, but are open to trying new food.

Merci bien!

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 08:52 PM
  #55
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,441
vCash: 500
Anyone able to give me the directions to the nearest IKEA. We are heading up to Montreal in a few weeks and my wife wants to go there. We are coming from the Highgate, VT crossing.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:48 AM
  #56
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!
 
didouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking for a decent place to eat in the Gaybourhood. I'm taking my girlfriend to a show at Le National this Tuesday, and want to grab a bite before the show.

Bring-your-own-wine is preferred, but feel free to suggest anything. We're both partial to Thai food, but are open to trying new food.

Merci bien!
Never eaten in that area sorry I have no clue what to suggest!

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 08:45 AM
  #57
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,441
vCash: 500
Can anyone tell me which Les 3 Brasseurs is the closest to the centre and how to get there from the centre? Thanks!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 09:04 AM
  #58
Le CH
Registered User
 
Le CH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Can anyone tell me which Les 3 Brasseurs is the closest to the centre and how to get there from the centre? Thanks!
I think the closest is on the corner of St Catherine and Crescent...

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 09:42 AM
  #59
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstastic View Post
I think the closest is on the corner of St Catherine and Crescent...
thank you.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:32 PM
  #60
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread
 
JacobimMugatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: f=253
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,255
vCash: 500
This thread has just helped me sooooooo much. GJ OP man
Making a trip out to Montreal this upcoming summer, likely going to hit up osheaga 2011 which probably should be added to the OP. Had a sick lineup this year

JacobimMugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 03:13 PM
  #61
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!
 
didouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Can anyone tell me which Les 3 Brasseurs is the closest to the centre and how to get there from the centre? Thanks!

I suggest the beer and the flams!
Nothing else

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:36 PM
  #62
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Anyone have any suggestions for good New Years eve parties? I went to the Holiday Inn party couple years ago. Was ok. Looking for a better one though.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 12:15 AM
  #63
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for good New Years eve parties? I went to the Holiday Inn party couple years ago. Was ok. Looking for a better one though.
I dunno, I've always gone to house parties for New Years Eve.

Here's a site that might interest you....Light Ultra Club sucks though.
http://www.montreal-clubs.com/new_years_eve.php

Basically all the big clubs throw extravagant parties.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
  #64
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
For those in Montreal looking for a place to watch next Wednesday's game against the Oilers, there is a charity hockey night going on at McGill.

It's in the Bronfman Building MBA Lounge, they're pre-selling tickets for $7 or $10 at the door, which includes dinner and snacks. AND they're having a huge auction that includes a Pavel Datsyuk signed and used stick, a Chris Chelios signed Red Wings jersey, a Steve Yzerman signed puck, Habs tickets vs. the Rangers, and more!

The event info is here:
http://hockeynite.webs.com/

All funds are split evenly between supporting the Right to Play charity and the McGill team for the MBA Games.


Last edited by Dan K: 11-30-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:32 PM
  #65
True North
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,460
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to True North
Coming to Montreal in February

Hey Habs fans,

I'm coming to Montreal from February 21st to the 27th to participate in a Case Competition hosted at Concordia university. Most of my time will be spent doing that but evenings and some other times will be free.

So I have two questions - first is for any suggestions you have for what to do. Events/clubs/attractions, etc. I've never been to Montreal (or further east than Alberta) so it will all be new to me. Sadly I don't speak French, so that will probably not help. Also the Canucks play the Habs on the 22nd in Vancouver, so is there a good bar to watch that game where I won't get beaten up for cheering for the Canucks?

Secondly, a couple of my teammates and I are probably going to want to attend the Habs/Leafs game on the Saturday. One of my teammates looked on craigslist and saw that we could get tickets for $100 each, which surprised me...you guys obviously have cheaper ticket prices than the Canucks. My questions are - is there a bad seat in the Bell Centre? Places to avoid? And what's the best time/place to get tickets, would it be this early or are they usually available for cheaper closer to the game?

I can't wait to come see your beautiful city.

Cheers!

True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:37 PM
  #66
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True North View Post
My questions are - is there a bad seat in the Bell Centre?
I have only ever attended one game at the Bell Centre. My back was literally against the wall, it was the highest seat in the building, I was in the very last row, I was also next to a gurder / pillar and it was the best seat in the house imo.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:38 PM
  #67
wargar
Registered User
 
wargar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
is there a bad seat in the Bell Centre? Places to avoid?
Molson Ex Zone

wargar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 01:45 PM
  #68
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 500
$100 for a Habs/Leafs game is pretty cheap. You should jump on that.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:26 PM
  #69
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True North View Post
Hey Habs fans,

I'm coming to Montreal from February 21st to the 27th to participate in a Case Competition hosted at Concordia university. Most of my time will be spent doing that but evenings and some other times will be free.

So I have two questions - first is for any suggestions you have for what to do. Events/clubs/attractions, etc. I've never been to Montreal (or further east than Alberta) so it will all be new to me. Sadly I don't speak French, so that will probably not help. Also the Canucks play the Habs on the 22nd in Vancouver, so is there a good bar to watch that game where I won't get beaten up for cheering for the Canucks?

Secondly, a couple of my teammates and I are probably going to want to attend the Habs/Leafs game on the Saturday. One of my teammates looked on craigslist and saw that we could get tickets for $100 each, which surprised me...you guys obviously have cheaper ticket prices than the Canucks. My questions are - is there a bad seat in the Bell Centre? Places to avoid? And what's the best time/place to get tickets, would it be this early or are they usually available for cheaper closer to the game?

I can't wait to come see your beautiful city.

Cheers!

for what to do in MTL there is a beautiful thread which is almost complete

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=821943

for places if you go to bell center.
avoid molson ex zone if you dont cheer the habs ^^

White or grey zone are decent if you have limited budget

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:36 PM
  #70
True North
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,460
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to True North
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
for what to do in MTL there is a beautiful thread which is almost complete

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=821943

for places if you go to bell center.
avoid molson ex zone if you dont cheer the habs ^^

White or grey zone are decent if you have limited budget
Naturally, I will be cheering for the Habs at that game!

Why the hell would I cheer for the Leafs?

True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 02:38 PM
  #71
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True North View Post
Naturally, I will be cheering for the Habs at that game!

Why the hell would I cheer for the Leafs?


Good man.

I don't know why you'd assume anyone not from Ontario would cheer on the Leafs.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 03:05 PM
  #72
Crystal Met
Registered User
 
Crystal Met's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
http://www.montrealenlumiere.com/accueil_en.aspx

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2010, 09:55 PM
  #73
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
The Burgundy Lion - good spot to grab a beer on a Friday night?

littleD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2010, 12:49 AM
  #74
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!
 
Vinceee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Amos, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,412
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Might be a bit early, but is there any outdoor rink open in mtl?

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 11:15 PM
  #75
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
coming up the 12th to the 16th for four nights with 3 of my buddies.. any really good clubs that we should hit while were up there

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.