HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When will Mike Keane sign (IF!!!)???

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 06:37 PM
jeffbrown

vCash: 500
When will Mike Keane sign (IF!!!)???

Now that it appears the 13th and 14th forward slots are "secured" with King and Keane, the only thing left will be to actually sign Keane.

I would asssume Burke and Keane would like to get something done before the season opener, so that leaves only 3 days to get something in ink.

How much do you think he gets? I'm hoping he's a 500K signing, but Keane may hold out for more...maybe closer to a million, given his previous contracts.

I will say this though, I would be very happy to sign Keane. I think he still has something to give. I can see him being sat for 30-50% of the regular season to keep him fresh, then "activating" him come playoff time.

Old
10-05-2003, 07:28 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Remember, Burke likes to announce his signings and trades on Mondays

Old
10-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Impossibles

I don't think Keane has much bargaining power in this situation.

He'll most likely be signed for around $550k (same as lindgren last year).

Maybe with some bonus clauses based on team performance.

Old
10-05-2003, 08:05 PM
jeffbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
Remember, Burke likes to announce his signings and trades on Mondays
Really? Is this a Burke thing or does it just appear to be that way? I've never noticed.

Sure makes Mondays at work more tolerable then!!!....(if he makes deals or signings that is).

Old
10-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbrown
Really? Is this a Burke thing or does it just appear to be that way? I've never noticed.

Sure makes Mondays at work more tolerable then!!!....(if he makes deals or signings that is).

Lucky I somehow pulled the chute for tomorrow and dont got any work... so Ill be sure to keep my ears on the tv or radio or whatever as I do soem yard work....

Old
10-06-2003, 06:55 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbrown
Yeah, supposedly he makes something like 75% of his player moves on Mondays.

As for Keane, IIRC, the Avs bought out his contract for this year at 2/3 of his $2 mil salary. If this is correct, then Keane may in fact not be looking to make money, but rather a place where he can be in a good situation, like in Vancouver. I have a feeling he may sign for around $500,000, which isn't too bad for the leadership and experience he'd provide.

Old
10-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Reports say King is staying

In Vancouver, fellow Newfoundlander Jason King is experiencing the same nervous emotions as Ryder, as he awaits the Canucks’ final personnel decisions. However, according to a report in Sunday’s Vancouver Sun, the Canucks’ 23-man roster is pretty much set and is almost certain to include veteran forward Mike Keane and King, a rookie winger from Corner Brook.

Both played well in Saturday night’s win 2-0 win over the Coyotes in Phoenix and general manager Brian Burke all but confirmed they have earned spots on the roster.

Closed Thread