HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2010, 01:08 AM
shelby82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
No way we pay Laich $5 mil but...

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Michalek-Laich-Moulson/Upshall
Eager-Fisher-Butler
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil

Nice line-up. Seems like a pipe-dream though.
i would stay away from signing a player like laich for that amount of money great players make average players good.. this guy is playing with some of the most offensive players in the leauge.. really how good is he? Put a guy like fisher with semin or ovie and i guarantee better numbers..Not worth the risk at 5 mill.

Old
11-13-2010, 01:09 AM
BigEyedPhish

I am under the impression that Michalek sucks and Foligno is just unlucky and really a spare part..

Old
11-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Wham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEyedPhish View Post
To get Parise you would have to start with Karlsson and add.... quite a bit more..

I'm not ready to do that when we already have a #1 center..

I would REALLY like JVR
Pretty much. The guy's 25 and plays excellent 200 foot hockey, top 10 forward in the league imo.

As for JVR, his value's at it's lowest but the team as a whole is humming along quite nicely, they have no reason to make a trade.

Old
11-13-2010, 02:57 AM
Sens16

I hope Murray can make a deal with the Bruins when Savard comes back their going to need the cap space. I wouldn't mind seeing Savvy as centre 1b for the Sens.

Old
11-13-2010, 08:49 AM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens16 View Post
I hope Murray can make a deal with the Bruins when Savard comes back their going to need the cap space. I wouldn't mind seeing Savvy as centre 1b for the Sens.
He should retire, after all those concussions he'll never be healthy again.

Old
11-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Alfredsson11

you don't pay a forward 5 million dollars if hes not an offensive threat.

Old
11-13-2010, 12:21 PM
The Fuhr*

I wonder how much interest the Kings would have in Semin if he managed to hit UFA

Old
11-13-2010, 01:04 PM
TeamRenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
you don't pay a forward 5 million dollars if hes not an offensive threat.
Unless the contract comes from the Rangers, see Bobby Holik...

Old
11-13-2010, 02:40 PM
phatmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Next season, Add toughness, Grit, Speed, Tenacity, a bit more youth
[...]
Mark Stuart - $2.0 -3.0million ...to be honest, unsure of his value league wise, but really like his game a lot.
[...]
Phillips - Gonchar
Stuart - Karlsson
Cowen - Carkner

Now this is a fast, skilled, tough team
funny you mention stuart 'coz as a bruins fan, i was taking a stroll over here to see what you guys thought of a deal involving him. he's a good stay at home lower pairing guy, probably not worth the 1st rounder the beez used on him, but he's serviceable and should have a career in the nhl for a while.

boston needs some help with the breakout passes and puck moving on the back end. also if we could shed a little salary here and there, that'd be nice. is lee as bad as you guys make him out to be, or is he a 'could use a change of scenery' type guy?

Old
11-13-2010, 03:00 PM
CR15

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmike View Post
funny you mention stuart 'coz as a bruins fan, i was taking a stroll over here to see what you guys thought of a deal involving him. he's a good stay at home lower pairing guy, probably not worth the 1st rounder the beez used on him, but he's serviceable and should have a career in the nhl for a while.

boston needs some help with the breakout passes and puck moving on the back end. also if we could shed a little salary here and there, that'd be nice. is lee as bad as you guys make him out to be, or is he a 'could use a change of scenery' type guy?
Lee definetly needs a change of scenery a team that will give him a legit chance and instill some confidence in him. Hard to imagine his confidence is all but shot with this team. He won't wow you with anything but I thought he didn't play bad at all if you had reasonable expectations of him. Phillips was awful the first few games but he gets a pass Lee gets crucifed after 1 or 2 bad shifts

Old
11-13-2010, 03:13 PM
trentmccleary

Penner? Laich? Moulson? Upshall? Connolly? Zherdev?

We don't need any more 50 point players, now or in the future. We have lots and they don't have anywhere near the same impact as the elite players that we're actually missing:

1) Elite goalie... ie: somebody who won't be signing with Atlant Mytischi in the near future.
2) Elite offensive forward

Save the cap space for those players even if it takes more than 1 off-season to acquire them (which it probably will). Don't rope yourself into paying $20M for the sake of having two full lines of 2nd line players.

Last edited by trentmccleary: 11-13-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old
11-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Sens Mile

Either Lee is getting traded in the immediete future or Hale is being sent down, Kuba is iff the IR

Old
11-13-2010, 03:56 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:

Maybe Campoli+Lee for Stuart and a 3rd?

Old
11-13-2010, 04:55 PM
harrisb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Maybe Campoli+Lee for Stuart and a 3rd?
No, Campoli has been great and still is young so has upside. He could be around for a while. The chances of Runblad, Cowen, Weircoch and Gryba all working out are slim. Campoli has already worked out and is improving on a fairly consistent basis.

Old
11-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Karlssonlee

Quote:

I would consider a straight swap for Stuart, but he is UFA at the end of the season and Campoli is RFA. Boston might have to add a pick.

Campoli for Stuart + 3rd or 4th

We don't need the services of Campoli, he's a puck-mover that we don't really need, now or in the future. With Kuba, Gonchar, Karlsson, Wierchioch, Rundblad, we don't really need Campoli now or in the future.

Mark Stuart would compliment our defence a lot better IMO, because he's a tough rugged defenseman.

Phillips - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Stuart - Carkner

Old
11-14-2010, 12:51 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Sens working on a new deal for Phillips

Quote:
The Ottawa Senators have begun contract talks with the camp for Chris Phillips, slated for UFA July 1. "We have talked and have an idea where each party would like to be, nothing more," Sens GM Bryan Murray told ESPN.com via text message Saturday.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...rld-cup-return

Hope its resonable but glad there talking, he needs to stay over all the other UFA's on our team.

Old
11-14-2010, 01:14 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Nice. 3 yrs 9mil? That would be nice

Old
11-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Awesome news about Phillips. Hate to say it, but I'm glad they're negotiating now when Phillips has been on a bit of a downswing and the Sens have a lot of defensive prospects for leverage. Hopefully, it works out to something cap friendly.

Old
11-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba Troopa View Post
Awesome news about Phillips. Hate to say it, but I'm glad they're negotiating now when Phillips has been on a bit of a downswing and the Sens have a lot of defensive prospects for leverage. Hopefully, it works out to something cap friendly.
He's getting back to normal, I don't think his crappy start will hold any water in discussions considering he's likely taking less than his market value anyways.

4 years/12.5

Old
11-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
He's getting back to normal, I don't think his crappy start will hold any water in discussions considering he's likely taking less than his market value anyways.

4 years/12.5
Sold.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:27 PM
wilfred

I was wondering what everyone thinks of Kuba for Setoguchi.

Someone mentioned Kuba and a 3rd I thought it was a great idea. Good young player for the future, IMO is what Ottawa should be looking towards. This move might make this team a little weaker this year but it would make the team a whole lot better for the future. Not to mention Ottawa would pick up some much needed cap space, this year and next. Hale has played solid this year, this move also gives Ottawa the ability to bring up Cowen for the last 9 games and playoffs, good experience for next year.

Setoguchi
Butler
Foligno
Regin

good young forwards to go with the good young d we have coming up.

Last edited by wilfred: 11-14-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old
11-14-2010, 11:26 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

While many of the big names are already gone, there are still a few good players who could go to July 1. Jokinen, Upshall, Leino, Laich, Fleichmann are all young forwards who bring a lot to the table. Sign one or two of those guys and/or trade for Penner and the team could be incredibly deep with many scoring options.

Something like:

Penner-Spezza-Alfredsson
Michalek-Regin-Fleischman/Upshall
Foligno-Fisher-Butler
Silfverberg-Kelly-Neil

extra: Shannon

Phillips-Gonchar
Kuba-Karlsson
Cowen-Carkner

extra: Campoli (likely traded for a forward prospect), Rundblad

That's a team that looks like the 05-06 Sabres. Each line can hurt you and the defense is mobile and great in all three zones.

If the team can't add a big name, two middle tier players like these guys would make just as significant an impact in this system with the defense being so damn good at moving the puck. IMO.

Old
11-15-2010, 12:30 AM
shelby82

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
While many of the big names are already gone, there are still a few good players who could go to July 1. Jokinen, Upshall, Leino, Laich, Fleichmann are all young forwards who bring a lot to the table. Sign one or two of those guys and/or trade for Penner and the team could be incredibly deep with many scoring options.

Something like:

Penner-Spezza-Alfredsson
Michalek-Regin-Fleischman/Upshall
Foligno-Fisher-Butler
Silfverberg-Kelly-Neil

extra: Shannon

Phillips-Gonchar
Kuba-Karlsson
Cowen-Carkner

extra: Campoli (likely traded for a forward prospect), Rundblad

That's a team that looks like the 05-06 Sabres. Each line can hurt you and the defense is mobile and great in all three zones.

If the team can't add a big name, two middle tier players like these guys would make just as significant an impact in this system with the defense being so damn good at moving the puck. IMO.

I would like to see a trade like Penner+smid for well Im not to sure but a first would be involved. This all depends on edmontons position at the trade dead line.

Old
11-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Suiteness

Why on earth would we want fat, lazy and heartless Penner? If we get a player out of Edmonton, let's get Hemsky. Here's your replacement for Kovalev.

Old
11-15-2010, 08:26 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Why on earth would we want fat, lazy and heartless Penner? If we get a player out of Edmonton, let's get Hemsky. Here's your replacement for Kovalev.
This.
Hemsky is much better IMO anyways.

Closed Thread