HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PK Subban on the cover of The Hockey News!

Old
11-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Damn that's way too much hype for PK who is still looking for his 1st goal...

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:24 PM
CanadienErrant*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
And some folks here are complaining that the "French" media are giving too much importance to Quebec born players....

How about Ontario and Toronto medias ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 03:14 PM
SB164

It's crazy how a young rookie is already one of the most marketable players in the league.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Good timing.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:21 AM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
I still believe he should be given this nickname: Blackstar.

Just for the pure awesomeness.
Be very careful.

BlackStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 03:16 AM
KristoLeblanc*

I never buy those magazine.

Are they any good?

KristoLeblanc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:12 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
No, only for their yearbook and fantasy issues. This is just a regular issue which means everyone gets P.K.
NOONE else gets PK, WE get PK, they get to read about him in a magazine.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 10:54 AM
neofury*

If you look at PK's stats he's above 0.5ppg in playoffs and 0.5ppg right now in regular season, for a D that's awesome especially a rookie. Then if you see how much between the post season and now he's improved defensively, the word "superstar" comes to mind and I don't even think I'm over hyping him.

The top 5 list is honestly a joke, he must be kidding a dude who is in the AHL made the list but a 0.5ppg+ D who plays well defensively, is a gosu on the ice and showed up in the playoffs isn't? LOL

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:06 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
If you look at PK's stats he's above 0.5ppg in playoffs and 0.5ppg right now in regular season, for a D that's awesome especially a rookie. Then if you see how much between the post season and now he's improved defensively, the word "superstar" comes to mind and I don't even think I'm over hyping him.

The top 5 list is honestly a joke, he must be kidding a dude who is in the AHL made the list but a 0.5ppg+ D who plays well defensively, is a gosu on the ice and showed up in the playoffs isn't? LOL
My thoughts exactly.

My list goes something like this:

1.Skinner
2.Subban
2a.Carlson
4. Ennis
5. Bobrovski

The reason why Subban is ahead of Carlson in my opinion is because Carlson has a much stronger offensive team infront of him. They have 19 more goals then us in the same amount of games. That's almost 1.2 goals per game. But I love Carlson (I have both in my pool, and I am in first by a MILE), so I am not upset if anyone wants to interchange them.

I feel very comfortable saying Subban will be our superstar player going forward. I have not been so confident in my opinion of a player since Andrei Markov (I saw through his early mistakes, I knew he'd be a gem).

Expect many 50+ point seasons from this guy. Steal of the 2007 draft.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:37 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
It's crazy how a young rookie is already one of the most marketable players in the league.
Guess why ?

He gots loads of charisma and talent, and because of his skin color. He can attract lots of new young fans across Canada and USA.

That's great for him, the Habs and the NHL.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:44 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
Expect many 50+ point seasons from this guy. Steal of the 2007 draft.
The 2007 draft did not produce too many top end talents. We are so lucky that PK Subban was one of them and we got him in the 2nd round.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:52 PM
sheed36

That Subban thread on the Bruins board is an interesting read... Some nice comments for PK by some Bruins fans who can put their Habs hatred aside and admit he is a very good up and coming player no matter which team he is on..

The comments from some of the Habs haters there though just makes you shake your head.. Boychuk over Subban? Really?

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:55 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
That Subban thread on the Bruins board is an interesting read... Some nice comments for PK by some Bruins fans who can put their Habs hatred aside and admit he is a very good up and coming player no matter which team he is on..

The comments from some of the Habs haters there though just makes you shake your head.. Boychuk over Subban? Really?
Yeah I was reading that earlier this morning. Some of them get it, others are too blinded by their Habs-hate.

It's comparible to us not taking Bergeron, or Lucic. It happens to every team and I have no problem admitting when a team that isn't the Habs have a solid prospect/player on their hands.

I like Boychuk, but I doubt he has anywhere near the career Subban will.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:

I was reading some of the comments in their GDT the day we were playing against them and it was very common to see stuff like "I wish we had someone like Subban on this team" or other variations of it by their fans.

Ollie Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 02:52 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
Yeah I was reading that earlier this morning. Some of them get it, others are too blinded by their Habs-hate.
Whambamcam8 comes to mind. That guy is hilarious. I think he doesn't care about being wrong though and does it on purpose. He just hates the habs so much it's hilarious. I used to be upset when reading his posts, but the things he says ... haha

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 03:00 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Guess why ?

He gots loads of charisma and talent, and because of his skin color. He can attract lots of new young fans across Canada and USA.

That's great for him, the Habs and the NHL.
Oh I know, I'm just happy for him and the Habs.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:

I loved the comment about taking Boychuk over Subban, and that one poster who said he plays roller hockey with people who have more promise.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 04:23 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I loved the comment about taking Boychuk over Subban, and that one poster who said he plays roller hockey with people who have more promise.
I hope he was being sarcastic when he said that but when it comes to anything Habs related with some of them over there you can't really be sure sometimes..

About the only thing you can do is laugh,chalk it up to jealousy and move on..

They all talk about the Habs being small and soft but their supposedly tougher team can't seem to beat the soft and small Habs on a consistent basis.. It seems as long as they can throw some big hits,win a fight and punish the Habs it makes up for losing...

Actually if I were a Bruins fan I would have some serious hate towards the Habs too since the Habs have made that franchise their b****es for so long...

Old
11-13-2010, 04:29 PM
neofury*

Quote:
I hope he was being sarcastic when he said that but when it comes to anything Habs related with some of them over there you can't really be sure sometimes..

About the only thing you can do is laugh,chalk it up to jealousy and move on..

They all talk about the Habs being small and soft but their supposedly tougher team can't seem to beat the soft and small Habs on a consistent basis.. It seems as long as they can throw some big hits,win a fight and punish the Habs it makes up for losing...

Actually if I were a Bruins fan I would have some serious hate towards the Habs too since the Habs have made that franchise their b****es for so long...
Yeah aside from one or two anomaly situations they consistently lose against us when it matters most

Remember Zednik? I always remember how they took him out in an attempt to get the series.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 04:43 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah aside from one or two anomaly situations they consistently lose against us when it matters most

Remember Zednik? I always remember how they took him out in an attempt to get the series.
You go into any Habs/Bruins GDT and if they are losing to the Habs by a couple of goals late all you see is the Bruins better soon start some fights to beat the crap out of the soft diving Habs or they need to take this or that player out, etc....

It's almost like they have become so accustomed to losing to the Habs now they would rather see the Bruins beat up the Habs than actually get the win.. I guess losing to your nemesis year after year gives you that mentality I guess..

Old
11-13-2010, 04:52 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
You go into any Habs/Bruins GDT and if they are losing to the Habs by a couple of goals late all you see is the Bruins better soon start some fights to beat the crap out of the soft diving Habs or they need to take this or that player out, etc....

It's almost like they have become so accustomed to losing to the Habs now they would rather see the Bruins beat up the Habs than actually get the win.. I guess losing to your nemesis year after year gives you that mentality I guess..
Bruins fans are hilarious. It's the only team where I make a point of reading their GDT when we play them.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 05:01 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Bruins fans are hilarious. It's the only team where I make a point of reading their GDT when we play them.
They seem to get so very angry especially when they lose to the Habs.. They leave little doubt about how they feel about the Habs..

Anyway enough about the Bruins.. Next thing they will be here trying to defend themselves even though I don't see what we've been saying as being much of a stretch.. It's just the way it is even if they don't want to admit it..

Old
11-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Habs everywhere lately!

The North American English media is giving the Habs the most attention it has ever since the revolution of electronic media.

A changing world, a changing Montreal.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote