HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price and Subban, the future of MTL for the next 10 years

Old
11-13-2010, 06:24 PM
llamateizer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivemePrice View Post
I wonder how well our team will look like in 2012-2013 when both Subban and Price will be RFA.

Out top four forward soulhd still be here (Gomez, Gionta, Plekanec , Cammalleri ) taking already 23.3 millions ouf out sap space.

Let say they ink back Markov at a close to similar deal ( 6 to 6.5 a season ). And with these 4 players, were at 30 millions.

Well that give us 30 millions or about ( assuming cap will be at around 60 millions ) to sign two goaltender, nine forward and six dmen.

Price will surely ask for 6 millions a season deal if he continue to play like this, and as for Subban, we can hope for a second contract that he would sign at around 3 or 4 millions a season. Unless both player are not playing at their top like they do atm, it will cost certaintly that and im wondering if its not more.

Now were at about 20 millions left to sign 5 dmen, 9 forward and a back up. Let say that their bottom five forward Habs decide to invest about 3.5 millions total for the 4th line and two backup( Darche,Lapierre,Boyd,Halpern,Pyatt , or whatever player they can fill these last 5 spots, but with a total budget of 3.5 millions

That give us 16.5 millions remaining for 4 forwards, 5 dmen and a backup. I expect Georges to sign for something around 2.5 millions a season, if its not even 3 millions. The guy is very good at defence and imo will worth the money.

That now give us 13.5 millions to sign 4 forward, 4 dmen and a backup. Eller? How good will he be? Will he have a long career? Thats a good question mark. But let say they want ti give him mroe time, i would say he can get 1.5 million if he can pull it together.

Were at 11 millions for 4 forward , 4 dmen and a backup. Eller won probably be a second line forward, but we never know, and the habs still need two good forward to get with the top four. If AKost play good and we keep him, we could say he would want something like 4 millions a season.Or any forward at that salary, by 12-13, the team might have change.

So...were at 7 millions to get a forward for our second line, and two decent 3rd liner, and add defensive muscle to our defence only compose for now by Markov, Subban and Georges, We neeed an extra top 4 line defence , and that can cost us around 3.5,4 million. The bottom three in defence can cost us around 2.5 millions, whoever they are, but if u do the math.... that give us finally.... 1 million to sign that second line forward, two decend 3rd liner and a back up.

We got...no space. Unless the cap will increase to 63-64 millions, were in trouble in 2012-2013 because for our core, we will need Markov,Price,Subban, and these three guy will have the opportinity to ask a lot of money.

I really think we might be in trouble in 12-13,cause our team will not look better if we cant add offence to our top 4 or if we have to get weaker in net by not getting an extra top four dmen. Tough choice will be made, and my only hope, is that Gauthier dont spend stupidly by adding another veteran dmen longterm next season to replace hammer, cause we will need the money by when Price and Subban will become RFA.
the way i see it
is 2 separate contract.
ex both players are signed 60 million 10 years
sign them 1 year 3 million. then in december, they sign an extension 9 years 57 millions

in the worst case send Gomez to hamilton

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote