HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs destroy the Hurricanes 7-2

Old
11-13-2010, 11:06 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
If a Canes fan doesn't get his name right, the franchise has even more serious issues than I thought.
Some people on this very forum still say Georges and not Gorges. Don't get too hung up on it.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:07 PM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
If a Canes fan doesn't get his name right, the franchise has even more serious issues than I thought.
Not a typo, it's the RBC Arena bathroom stall with the famed "for a good time call..". Crosby is included in the listed numbers.

It's not a good time

J Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:08 PM
kassian

Incredible night, besides Markov's injury. Price is GOAT.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeronne View Post
Price is GOAT.
hopefully he is no SPACEGOAT.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:13 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
yea it's pretty ridiculous. Larose shot it into his glove....

unreal.
Id be the first to say shot into his glove, but you clearly see Price moving when the shot is taken and he gets the glove right on it

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Randomhero

Can someone post that recent picture making that "duckface"" after scoring a goal? I cant seem to find it and its a priceless picture.

Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
does anyone else have noticed that the Habs DJ keep playing the Price is right theme song when Price is making an amazing save?

that's awesome

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:37 PM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

That's actually quite lame. Should play one of his fav songs to keep him pumped

J Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 11:47 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Note to habs fan, if you don't feel like feeling depressed, don't go to the main forum.

also, nobody plz ask what this means, if you really want to know go there but don't bring it back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I.. I can't believe that some people on the main board discredit Price's save..
I think he's made better saves this year than the one tonight fwiw.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 11-14-2010 at 12:08 AM.
macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 12:13 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

I suppose some of the people that are saying hes a great goaly today wanted him to be traded/ kept saying he was the bad choice and the ORG shouda kept Halak. Not the point of my post though, not gona get in, its a great night, win 7-2 no time for debate

Hopefully Marky is okay. I suppose if hes Hurt Gauthier will do a move to get a PP orientated defensemen. Great to see Gionta,Cammy & Pleks dominate. Still waiting on Gomez

And what else to say on PH.D Line? Its just a solid line from hair to toes!

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 01:12 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Markovvvvvvvvvvv why the FFFFFFFFFF???!?!

At least AK scored...

I dont know if any of you guys noticed the price laugh he did with pk after the big save?? lmao that deserves a GIF

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 01:20 AM
FF de Mars

I hope we give a chance to a D man from within the organisation until Markov comes back. Weber comes to my mind.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Leo Getz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey View Post
Carey Price stats this week: 3 GP, 3 Wins, 0 Loss, 0 OTL, 1 SO.

GAA: 1.00, Stopped 102 of 105 shots giving him a SV% .972%
Single handidly beat me in my hockey pool this week. Not that I'm complaining. Good to see it from him and the team.

Leo Getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 01:37 AM
the vinyl version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
does anyone else have noticed that the Habs DJ keep playing the Price is right theme song when Price is making an amazing save?

that's awesome
Maybe that's why Price was laughing

the vinyl version is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 02:02 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

such a downer

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 05:48 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I suppose some of the people that are saying hes a great goaly today wanted him to be traded/ kept saying he was the bad choice and the ORG shouda kept Halak. Not the point of my post though, not gona get in, its a great night, win 7-2 no time for debate

Hopefully Marky is okay. I suppose if hes Hurt Gauthier will do a move to get a PP orientated defensemen. Great to see Gionta,Cammy & Pleks dominate. Still waiting on Gomez

I was one of those people who wanted us to keep Halak, not necessarily to trade Price but to keep Halak if possible. We didn't and honestly I like the return we got. That having been said it was never really a big deal. The way I saw it and still see it now, we kept one of two goalies with a very bright future in the NHL, it was a win/win for the habs and to be honest if management thinks Price has the higher ceiling or was the better choice I support their decision and from that day I've backed Price 100%.

Before the trade it was tough to understand who the management was going to keep. I think what sealed the deal is like a lot of people said Price had never really played badly he was just unlucky and lost a ton of games last year, he was more experienced and just on the cusp of entering his prime. They decided to roll the dice on the bigger more experienced goalie with the pedigree.

Looks like the decision was smart, we got Eller and Price ever since has gotten better, he's more confident, he's been superb. I really can't wait to see how he does after a full season and post season

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post

I have no idea why you're bringing Halak vs Price again. Just want to say this though.....it's not like Halak is having some problems either. And nothing suggest he would not have done here what he's doing over there. Now NOT A WHOLE LOT said that Price was never going to be a good goalie. Most might have thought though that he would not have thrived here thanks to pressure and the fans. I personnally mentioned that. I predicted after the Halak trade that Price would be booed in the freakin preseason if he would struggle....guess what happens. I also mentioned that the only way Price would shut everybody up is that he would not give them any reason to boo him and guess what again.....he's not. So far, everything is great and he's showing a tremendous maturity. Great for him and us.

A suggestion though....if you don't want to start a debate, don't start one.Especially not a subject like that.

On the game, great game by everybody but Gomez except his pass to his new linemate???? Darche?

We've broken the Cammy-Pleks-Kosty line to accomodate Mr. Gomez, are we going to broke the Pouliot-Halpern-Darche to accomodate him as well?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 07:42 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

I give full marks to the team and Carey Price. Last year if the Habs would have squandered a two goal lead then for whatever reason a win for the Habs would be dangerously on the ropes. Instead they pulled up the boot straps and put the Canes away handily. Obviously Carolina has some problems but they should have been more in desperation mode tonight and the Habs convincingly squashed it.

Markov's injury is without a doubt frustrating and disappointing. I don't want to speculate so I'll just wish Andrei Markov a speedy recovery.

Having said that if Markov is out for an extended period time I hope the fanbase can circle the wagons and support the players who are left on the ice. It's gotta be traumatic to those guys too because too many times now when things seem to be looking up Markov goes down. It's gotta be especially difficult for the couple of blueliners who have been with the club for the past three years.

In a game where the Habs romped it's odd to look at the scoresheet and see blanks beside Subban' name and Markov's name in terms of points. Many players picked up points tonight and hopefully that trend will continue during another challenging time with Markov missing although it'd be nice if Subban puts up some points. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 08:19 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I have no idea why you're bringing Halak vs Price again. Just want to say this though.....it's not like Halak is having some problems either. And nothing suggest he would not have done here what he's doing over there. Now NOT A WHOLE LOT said that Price was never going to be a good goalie. Most might have thought though that he would not have thrived here thanks to pressure and the fans. I personnally mentioned that. I predicted after the Halak trade that Price would be booed in the freakin preseason if he would struggle....guess what happens. I also mentioned that the only way Price would shut everybody up is that he would not give them any reason to boo him and guess what again.....he's not. So far, everything is great and he's showing a tremendous maturity. Great for him and us.

A suggestion though....if you don't want to start a debate, don't start one.Especially not a subject like that.

On the game, great game by everybody but Gomez except his pass to his new linemate???? Darche?

We've broken the Cammy-Pleks-Kosty line to accomodate Mr. Gomez, are we going to broke the Pouliot-Halpern-Darche to accomodate him as well?
They were on the powerplay.

Also, it wasn't only to accommodate Gomez. Gionta needed a change as well, and honestly, both the new lines have shown really good things so far.

Gomez has been playing well lately.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 08:23 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
They were on the powerplay.

Also, it wasn't only to accommodate Gomez. Gionta needed a change as well, and honestly, both the new lines have shown really good things so far.

Gomez has been playing well lately.
Not to mention the Cammy-Pleks-Gio line has been very good and the AK-Gomez-Lapierre line hasn't been terrible?

We're winning and scoring goals, I don't see why people are complaining.

Old
11-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Your obsession with bashing Gomez is sad, he had 2 assists including a great set up, why can't you give him credit when it's due instead of obsessing with his cap hit.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 08:31 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

It was a powerplay goal. Martin has awarded Darche with a short #2 PP unti shift a game for his hard work (25 seconds/game).

I agree with the unbolded part. As great as Price has been, Halak has been right there with him. So bringing up something like that, at this point, is just trying to stir the pot, IMO. On the same note, most of the "Price Bashers" never said he was a bad goalie, most of them just preferred Halak (although this isn't the case for everyone). Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has different opinions on players - I'm sure we don't all agree on the 4th lines, prospects, or defense pairings, etc. Same thing.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 08:41 AM
ReVeuF

I really hope Markov will be well, if he is injured for months again it will affect his next contract negotiations for sure...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 08:56 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
I really hope Markov will be well, if he is injured for months again it will affect his next contract negotiations for sure...
This is the only potential bright spot in this entire ordeal.

If he only comes back in Febuary/March he won't have a lot of time to get back to prime shape. There will be a lot of "durability" questions asked by Gauthier and management.. We might see Markov re-sign 1 year at a reduced salary (say 4-4.5M) to prove that he can play the majority of the season.

Old
11-14-2010, 09:41 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I was one of those people who wanted us to keep Halak, not necessarily to trade Price but to keep Halak if possible. We didn't and honestly I like the return we got. That having been said it was never really a big deal. The way I saw it and still see it now, we kept one of two goalies with a very bright future in the NHL, it was a win/win for the habs and to be honest if management thinks Price has the higher ceiling or was the better choice I support their decision and from that day I've backed Price 100%.

Before the trade it was tough to understand who the management was going to keep. I think what sealed the deal is like a lot of people said Price had never really played badly he was just unlucky and lost a ton of games last year, he was more experienced and just on the cusp of entering his prime. They decided to roll the dice on the bigger more experienced goalie with the pedigree.

Looks like the decision was smart, we got Eller and Price ever since has gotten better, he's more confident, he's been superb. I really can't wait to see how he does after a full season and post season
Quote:

To make the explination as quick as I could, im a emotional guy that gets caught up into stuff very easily. And when i see people talk about/ post facebook statuses about Price being amazing but 4 months ago saying he was a horrible goaltender and wanted him traded, it gets me out of my shoes Just wanted to clarify that

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote