HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov Injury talk (Speculation/Rumour: Maybe out up to 3 months)

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Gally11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
This is the danger of not having a bit of crazy on your team. Of course, you don't want that crazy to drag your young players to the bar. But can you get by the Flyers or Eric Staal or Matt Cooke or whoever without it? Would Georges Laraque make a difference? What's the answer.

Watching this game reminded me of the seminal rookie turning point games of the past (1976, 1986, and ... now probably).

I asked my girl to marry me today and Montreal's rookies were busting out, I was riding on the moon... and then Eric Staal proved to me that you have to be careful at all times (not with my girl, of course, I'm a happy man!). Bad word to Eric Staal and sometimes I wish Matt Cooke was on our team.

lol grabovski wasn't scared of laraque..

Old
11-14-2010, 02:31 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

I really love how people are jumping straight to conclusions..

There's no way to know exactly the extent of his injury until a MRI is taken.

If it's related to a muscle, he needs a MRI. If it's the bone, he needs X-Rays.

Unless Renaud Lavoie's sources have MRI vision, I can poop on their face, even if they might end up being right. It's pretty much just a guess as of right now.

Old
11-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I really love how people are jumping straight to conclusions..

There's no way to know exactly the extent of his injury until a MRI is taken.

If it's related to a muscle, he needs a MRI. If it's the bone, he needs X-Rays.

Unless Renaud Lavoie's sources have MRI vision, I can poop on their face, even if they might end up being right. It's pretty much just a guess as of right now.
I agree, i kind of find it really unprofessional for them to write this story saying how long they'll think he'll be out, seeing as though the coach himself says he still has no idea. Here's how i figure Renaud Lavoie's interview with a source went:

Lavoie: "So you think the injury was to the same knee?"

Source: "There's a good possibility, yes, but we're not 100% sure."

Lavoie: "If it is the same knee, would you say he could potentially be out long term, lets say up to 3 months?"

Source: "Under those circumstances, yes that could be a possibility."

Anddddd, post story.

Old
11-14-2010, 04:05 AM
euphrates

just saw on RIS ticker

'markov minimum 3 mois d'absence?'

Old
11-14-2010, 04:21 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Your honestly telling me that your posting on a work computer right now and that its never had any hockey related searches on it?

Also your in canada, so the results are going to be skewed cuz of this
Yes I am. The computers were used for actual service until about a week ago. So the internet was disabled aside from the service we provide. it didn't have NHL, TSN, or HFBoards on it until when I was on it tonight.

Old
11-14-2010, 04:56 AM
TheBuriedHab

Look, I'm not saying hes injury prone, but Damnit hes injury prone. If this is indeed serious I feel so bad for the guy. Hes done so many months of rehab over the past 3 years, its really not fair. I just feel bad for him more than anything.

Old
11-14-2010, 05:07 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrates View Post
just saw on RIS ticker

'markov minimum 3 mois d'absence?'

RDS sensationalizing things as usual. They have an article on their website with the same title. Yet if you read the article it even says that more tests in the coming days will be required to pinpoint the exact injury.

Old
11-14-2010, 06:00 AM
wedge

ouch. third serious injury in 13 months. It's not looking good. Now, I wouldn't want to give him that 6 years contract. It's too risky. His $$$ value has probably lowered now if we want to sign him to another contract. But still, his effectiveness and his usefulness (since he's not playing) are lower.

Really frustrating.

Old
11-14-2010, 06:07 AM
habs1988

I don't know how you can know that it would be 3 months minimum...

I mean, there is no MRI done yet. It could go from 1 week to 6 months...

Old
11-14-2010, 06:31 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

When healthy, he's arguably a top 4 or 5 dman in this league. He's just not healthy often anymore.

Old
11-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
You have to wonder why people are calling out Lavoie like that. How about you wait till you actually find out? If it's 3 months...what are you going to say now? If it's not, than bash him all you want....

Old
11-14-2010, 06:47 AM
neofury*

If it is a 3 month injury doesn't his salary come off the cap?

Old
11-14-2010, 06:49 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
If it is a 3 month injury doesn't his salary come off the cap?
Yeah, so long as they put him on LTIR (60 days or more).

Old
11-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

I wonder if any hockey journalist ever suffered an injury while reporting on Markov's injuries. You know like a sprained wrist while typing or a broken finger while texting on Markov' condition.

Old
11-14-2010, 07:16 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You have to wonder why people are calling out Lavoie like that. How about you wait till you actually find out? If it's 3 months...what are you going to say now? If it's not, than bash him all you want....
Bashing is a sport around here, bashing journalists in particular is a popular one. Other than a couple of idiots, journalists are just trying to do their job, sometimes they are wrong .. But aren't we all

Old
11-14-2010, 07:29 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post

lol grabovski wasn't scared of laraque..
There's always been a question in my mind about this injury. Was it ever really confirmed what his injury was? I know it was a reported concussion and / or knee injury but was it ever revealed what type of knee injury if in fact it was one? The season ended so it was never known how much time Markov would have missed.

Old
11-14-2010, 07:30 AM
shutehinside

From what I've seen thus far, saying it's going to be at least 3 months is a complete guess.

No one on the team has spoken to the media, no one saw Markov after the game, no medical examination has been conducted and as a result there's no proof what so ever of what if any injury he may have, much less a time line for him to come back.

The 3 month statement as of right now is pure SPECULATION.

Old
11-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post

I've come to expect such buffooneries from RDS... I guess that's kinda sad in a way.

Old
11-14-2010, 07:58 AM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Is it crazy of me to think Staal just flat out kneed him?
its what i saw too...he should have been penalized on the play

not that a penalty would have made a difference and unmade the play

Old
11-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I have a hard time believing anything RDS says, they are probably just looking for hits on their website from Hab fans wanting to know. I'm no doctor, but if Markov had a serious knee injury, I doubt he would have been walking on the leg going to the dressing room. Usually if you have tiorn liagaments, they immobilize the leg on the ice before they even take the guy off.. Plus, given the fact that he just had surgery on that knee, would he not have a brace on it, protecting against a similar injury?

Old
11-14-2010, 08:27 AM
LeHab

Get well soon Marky, we need you.

Old
11-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Frankenheimer

Koivu went through a similar serious injury phase, and he was alright in the long term.

Old
11-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
From what I've seen thus far, saying it's going to be at least 3 months is a complete guess.

No one on the team has spoken to the media, no one saw Markov after the game, no medical examination has been conducted and as a result there's no proof what so ever of what if any injury he may have, much less a time line for him to come back.

Are you sure?

Why would Martin say that "Markov will be re-evaluated in the next few days and we'll have more information then."

There is very likely an initial evaluation done, as best as possible, close to the injury happening.

I know we're all trying to tell ourselves its not true, but there is a very high chance that the injury is serious (especially on his previously injured knee) and we're going to need to look at solutions.

Thankfully, we've got Picard in reserve who looked good this year and we were still winning then.

Old
11-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Are you sure?

Why would Martin say that "Markov will be re-evaluated in the next few days and we'll have more information then."

There is very likely an initial evaluation done, as best as possible, close to the injury happening.

I know we're all trying to tell ourselves its not true, but there is a very high chance that the injury is serious (especially on his previously injured knee) and we're going to need to look at solutions.

Thankfully, we've got Picard in reserve who looked good this year and we were still winning then.
This is pretty much how I feel too natey...it's just too eerily similar to the injury in the playoffs last year. IIRC, JM said similar statements last year before the official announcement was made.

I really really hope we get lucky and dodge a bullet and it was just a 'setback' of his original injury and the initial shock of getting hit on the knee set him off, but deep down I'm prepared for the worst.

Old
11-14-2010, 08:56 AM
jcpenny

Ok im about to say something that people here might not like. If Markov is injured today again, its because he doesnt know how to take a hit. Same with the Grabovski and Matt Cooke hit. Young kids here learn at a young age how to absorb a hit. Look at all these injuries and you'll notice the lack of technique on his part. Yesterday you could see his knee stick out to protect himself from Staal. Wrong technique. Same last year in the playoffs. Instead of getting low and stick his shoulders out he stands tall with he knees out ready to absorb the hit. Unfortunately they probably dont teach that in Russia. Best exemple how to do it is PK Subban. Notice how low he gets he gets hit, thats why he never loses the puck when the forecheck comes down lown, you'll never see him get injured unless its a blind side dirty hit. I learned that in football, you want to take/give a hit? Get as low as you can.

Closed Thread