HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JVR to Phantoms ???? (November 11 update, post #57)

Old
11-09-2010, 04:32 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Kane was definitely clear cut number one, but after that it was a toss up. I remember like Cherepanov too, in addition to those mentioned like Gagner, Voracek, and Turris.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 03:56 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
JVR belongs in the NHL right now.
Wellwood belongs in the AHL right now.

That is that.
That my friend is not that I think it would help him a lot to go tear up the AHL(JVR) Then come back up. I think that he just needs more time to mature. Sending him down is not admitting he is a failure.A lot of very good players have spent time down there. I just want is best for both the team and the player.

Last edited by Hockeypete49: 11-10-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Kane was definitely clear cut number one, but after that it was a toss up. I remember like Cherepanov too, in addition to those mentioned like Gagner, Voracek, and Turris.
I had it
1. Kane
2. Turris
3. JVR
4. Voracek

Old
11-10-2010, 04:03 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
From some of the posts in here, one would think that the Flyers missed out on drafting Ovechkin or Crosby. It seems to me like revisionist history that Kane was so clear-cut the #1. I remember speculation being pretty variable among the top 3. Then again, I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.
Kane was one. After that the rankings were mixed to say the least.

Old
11-10-2010, 06:43 AM
HoverCarle*

Article on JVR
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._Riemsdyk.html

He will not be sent down.

Old
11-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

If i'm not mistaken, it's the annual team bonding trip this week. I doubt they were going to send down JVR while on this

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:16 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 0
November 11 update.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...rd_return.html

Quote:
JVR, who was goal-less in 13 games, is expected to be a healthy scratch Thursday for the third straight game. Look for Andreas Nodl to be in the lineup.

"Sometimes things can quickly change, and just as quickly as you come out, you can go back in," van Riemsdyk said. "I know I can help the team and I'm just anxious and looking forward for the chance to get back in."

Earlier in the week, Flyers coach Peter Laviolette said he was hoping the benching lit a fire under JVR.

"I'm not going to pout about it. You don't get to this point by being a baby about things like this and not reacting to it the right way," van Riemsdyk said. "I've been working hard in practice, working hard off the ice; my approach hasn't changed. I've been working as hard as I have been throughout the year, so I don't think that's been a problem. I'm just going to keep working hard and working on things that can make me a better player."

"I'm not going to pout about it. You don't get to this point by being a baby about things like this and not reacting to it the right way," van Riemsdyk said. "I've been working hard in practice, working hard off the ice; my approach hasn't changed. I've been working as hard as I have been throughout the year, so I don't think that's been a problem. I'm just going to keep working hard and working on things that can make me a better player."

JVR said he has watched video of himself, and that he needs a few more "lucky" bounces and "maybe be a little stronger on the puck in the offensive zone. Obviously, there are some things I think I need to continue doing. I was being stroing in my own end and playing strong defensively. I haven't really given up much there."

Van Riemsdyk said he wasn't thinking about getting sent to the AHL Phantoms. The Flyers sent Eric Wellwood to Adirondack earlier in the week.

"That's something that's obviously completely out of my control," he said. "I'm not worried about (that). Obviously I want to be here. I know I can help the team. I think I've shown I can play at this level and be a successful player when given the opportunity, so I'm excited to be here and work."

As a rookie last season, van Riemsdyk scored 15 goals.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 07:01 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

/cry

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:19 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Over/Under on when JVR will crack the lineup again?

Old
11-11-2010, 10:24 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

I like his attitude -- if he keeps that mindset, he won't be coming out once he gets back in the lineup.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Kane isn't as terrible defensively as everyone says

He is great at taking away puck from guy coming up ice + he hustles and has broken up a few breakaways (Crosby in gold medal game for 1)

He is never going to be a great or good defender but he has made improvements in that aspect of game

And for the people that complain about 2007 draft lotto ,,,, Hawks got it much worse in 2004

We should have had the #2 pick (Evgeni Malkin) but got bumped down for Cam "Bust" Barker

We would have had Toews + Malkin down middle (Remember Malkin didn't come over till 06-07 season) ... Might not have gotten Kane though but still getting Barker in that draft was a punch in the gut when it happened
Yeah, you never want to be in the draft lottery with the Penguins. When that was brought up (about missing out on Malkin) it made losing out to y'all not as bad in the lottery. Of course, I think Holmgren would have taken JVR with the #1 pick if he had won the lottery.

I wanted Kane first, then Turris, then Voracek, then either Gagner or JVR. JVR scared me because of the talk about his size. I think size is way overvalued in the draft. It seems many picks are taken with the hope that the rest of the player's game catches up to his size (I often think about James Sheppard and all the stupid talk about how big his feet were...) and then it doesn't pan out. Of course, the whole draft is a crap shoot, but I'd take skill over size most of the time.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 12:05 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I just hope when he comes back, he comes back with a vengeance.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:56 AM
mikedifr

I wanted Voracek for the record, but whatever. JVR will be a very good top 6 player in this league, as we all know and conveniently forget when it helps our argument, bigger players like him take a few years, especially when they start putting muscle on their frame like he did this offseason....remember how that affected JR the one year?? And was in the league forever at that point.

I love Lavi and give him the benefit of the doubt here, but to have JVR sitting when guys like Shelley (who gets 5 minutes a night to lose a fight and take a couple penalites) and Powe are in there above him, I think its ridiculous. I love Powe and what he brings to the ice, but he should be playing with Betts/Carcillo and JVR in his place with Giroux/Carter.

And I wont get started on Zherdev, but Zherdev has 5 points in 14 games and +2, JVR has 4 points in 13 games and +2....JVR "can" be a lot more effective on the ice when not scoring goals than Zherdev.

The issue here is I dont think anyone (except me) expected Nodl to put up offense at the NHL level and he is outplaying JVR AND Zherdev at the moment.

I think Zherdev needs to be moved and Nodl/JVR play with Richie on the 3rd line. He will get his game together and be fine.

With that said, if he isnt going to play, I dont see and issue with giving him 5-10 games with the Phantoms to get some confidence back.....as long as the debacle down there has been somewhat fixed.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:23 AM
HoverCarle*

Or just take Shelley or Carcillo out and put Powe on the 4th line and keep JVR, Nodl, and Zherdev in the top 9

Old
11-14-2010, 10:59 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

With Nodl being questionable for Monday's game, I am assuming JVR gets his second chance. But what if he doesn't perform? Is it time send him down?

I rather him be sent down, then sit it a box not playing hockey.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:02 AM
HoverCarle*

Yeah hopefully he gets a change next game. Hopefully he comes in and man handles Gonchar

Old
11-14-2010, 11:12 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Put Powe on the 4th line, take Shelley out and put him in...Jesus Christ.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 12:38 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Put Powe on the 4th line, take Shelley out and put him in...Jesus Christ.
If it hasn't happened by now, what makes you think it's going to happen? Learn to live with it...

SnS is online now   Reply With Quote