HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#17: Panthers @ Flyers - Saturday, Nov. 13, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-14-2010, 12:44 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
He didn't practice today but had an MRI. Awaiting results.

I'm going to assume JVR will be in.
Tough luck for Nodl if that's the case, but I'm somewhat excited to find out if the benching really did light a fire under JVR.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 12:57 PM

vCash: 50
Who puts the assists together? Bobrovsky was credited with an assist on the first goal, but Zherdev clearly passed it to Nodl before he found Richards...

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 02:00 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Off day stats: The #Flyers lead the NHL in blocked shots with 294 AND missed shots with 230.
Quote:
Kimmo Timonen leads the Flyers in blocked shots with 43. Jeff Carter leads team in missed shots (surprise) with 33.
-philabright

Last edited by sa cyred: 11-14-2010 at 02:08 PM.
sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 02:06 PM
AaronTrieu

looks like i missed a good one. Would you guys say it was a pretty good 60 minute effort? Seems like during this stretch they don't take periods off like they used to.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
looks like i missed a good one. Would you guys say it was a pretty good 60 minute effort? Seems like during this stretch they don't take periods off like they used to.
I think at least parts of the 3rd were put on coast mode

but still not like some previous games were they basicly didn't showup for entire periods

I think Lavi has em goodly motivated to avoid being benched

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 02:27 PM
SolidSnakeUS

That sucks for Nodl, but seriously, this is probably the best chance that JVR has to get back into the line up and play well.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 02:37 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
The third period was boooring! They were up 5-0 halfway through the second so it wasn't a shock to see them not dominate the third. They controlled the puck a lot and really just killed time so exciting hockey it did not make. It's great to see that they can pile on the goals and then put it into cruise control.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 02:49 PM
5holeblog

Hey guys,

I know as a Rangers fan I'm treading into dangerous waters here but I just wanted to say that I made a trip to the Wells Fargo Center for the first time since moving to Philly for school and was really impressed.

The arena has a great atmosphere and the product on the ice is great too. One of my friends told me about the goal horn before I went but hearing about it and actually hearing it are two different things. When he said deafening I didn't think that he actually meant deafening. Jeeze that thing is loud. But awesome.

Anyway, it looks like the Flyers have a great young goalie on their hands in Bobrovsky. He's fun to watch and hopefully he stays in the league for a long time. Plus them reworking Bad Romance into a chant for him was amazing. Laughed my ass off.

Great arena, great atmosphere and I even got a free bacon egg and cheese bagel from McD's this morning so all around.

5holeblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 04:06 PM
vera1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Who puts the assists together? Bobrovsky was credited with an assist on the first goal, but Zherdev clearly passed it to Nodl before he found Richards...
Richards to Nodl and then back to Richards. Zherdev never touched the puck.

vera1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 04:11 PM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

How did everyone play guys?

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5holeblog View Post
Hey guys,

I know as a Rangers fan I'm treading into dangerous waters here but I just wanted to say that I made a trip to the Wells Fargo Center for the first time since moving to Philly for school and was really impressed.

The arena has a great atmosphere and the product on the ice is great too. One of my friends told me about the goal horn before I went but hearing about it and actually hearing it are two different things. When he said deafening I didn't think that he actually meant deafening. Jeeze that thing is loud. But awesome.

Anyway, it looks like the Flyers have a great young goalie on their hands in Bobrovsky. He's fun to watch and hopefully he stays in the league for a long time. Plus them reworking Bad Romance into a chant for him was amazing. Laughed my ass off.

Great arena, great atmosphere and I even got a free bacon egg and cheese bagel from McD's this morning so all around.
The whole section I was in just stopped cheering when they played that, and looked at each other like......"Wtf? No."

So bad. They need to go back to the drawing board.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5holeblog View Post
Hey guys,

Glad you had a good experience!! We often go up to MSG.. and while I like the newness of the WFC, I mean.... it's MSG!! It's awesome!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote