HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov Injury talk (Speculation/Rumour: Maybe out up to 3 months)

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
Don't know where you saw this on his twitter but i can't find it, maybe i have vision trouble.
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/309875.html

Old
11-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 883
I'd like to see a video of the playoff injury, when he got up, to see if it looked as bad when he walked away to the locker room

Old
11-14-2010, 02:09 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
After watching the video a few times over, i just can't see how that could be ligament damage. There's no twisting in his leg. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the matter can enlighten me, but compare that video with every other acl or mcl injury in hockey, and they look pretty different.

Old
11-14-2010, 02:12 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
I'd like to see a video of the playoff injury, when he got up, to see if it looked as bad when he walked away to the locker room
didnt he skate a couple of times after that Cooke hit? If I remember right he did skate but still had to get operated. So im thinking even if hes able to put some weight on it, doesnt mean he wont get operated

Old
11-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
So whats the Plan if he indeed is out for 3 months. Do we go and aquire someone like Bieksa? Or are they happy with Picard stepping in as a 6?
Maybe the Habs can trade for O'Byrne lol!!!

Seriously, They were winning without Markov in the line up. So I think the team will wait to see how long Markov should miss and see how the team plays in the next few game without him in the line up before making any trades. Besides, Webber has 7 goals and 11 points in 13 games. If Markov is put on LTIR that clears up a spot and I don't see why they wouldn't give Webber a chance..

Old
11-14-2010, 02:13 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV View Post
My thoughts and prayers are with Markov and his family. At a time like this, hockey shoiuld be the last thing on anyone's mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
You realize he's not dying right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
lol, youre right. His post sounds like what people wrote in a RIP thread!
Maybe he read the English google translation from the RDS article last night like I did.. It made me laugh a little when I read it..

Here's part of the RDS article translated in English by google.. Take notice of the bolded part..

Quote:
The Canadiens' win over the Carolina Hurricanes did not elicit smiles than among members of the staff team as defenseman Andrei Markov was killed in combat in third and that his absence could be as long three months, depending on what RDS has learned.

Old
11-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Because it's a complete guess, hence the ''?'' at the end of their headline.

Like I said, any type of injury that is muscle related needs a MRI. Before one is taken, there's absolutely no way the extent of his injury. You can guess about a million things, right or wrong, they're all guesses.
Thing is....if he's indeed right, what will everybody bashing him will say? That he was just lucky and guessed it right? What about the others calling him stupid, buffoon or any other things like that? Just thing that it's a little premature and pretty brave to say all those things without knowing.

Lavoie mentions that 2 sources told him that. If he's willing to look like an idiot once we know the truth and it's finally just a 1 week absence, well so be it, then call him stupid and dumb. Until then...he's just reporting what he's hearing.

Old
11-14-2010, 02:31 PM
MoonlightGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Maybe he read the English google translation from the RDS article last night like I did.. It made me laugh a little when I read it..

Here's part of the RDS article translated in English by google.. Take notice of the bolded part..
Wow that is one bad translation. In French it probably said "Markov est tombé au combat", which can obviously mean to get killed in a war but is also commonly used as an expression for an athlete getting injured.

Old
11-14-2010, 02:37 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
Wow that is one bad translation. In French it probably said "Markov est tombé au combat", which can obviously mean to get killed in a war but is also commonly used as an expression for an athlete getting injured.
Yup.. That's what it said..

Old
11-14-2010, 02:39 PM
bjac

Well thats kind of crappy... I hope hes not as hurt as the rumours are saying. The good news is that I think Montreal is better equiped to play without him than they have been in years. Also if he is out for another 3 months his next contract might be a bit cheaper. Trading him would be a mistake. He might not even be healthy at the deadline anyway.

Old
11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Ross MacLochness

I can't believe I'm hoping for an MCL tear.

An ACL tear means he re-****ed up a recently repaired ligament and is done for the year. Bad bad news

A 2nd degree ACL sprain means he damaged it with a small tear, but usually no surgery and will probably be out 1-2 months. Thinking this ain't that likely

MCL tear means surgery and out 2-3 months, but didn't damage his recently repaired ACL, and it gets another 3 months to "strengthen". I suppose that's good news lol.

MCL sprain depending on the severity would mean no surgery but out anywhere from 3-8 weeks. This is best case scenario probably, well other then him being fine. But with our history of star players getting hurt, not likely.

Old
11-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Now there is a surprise someone defending the french media !
Do you have something wrong with everything that is francophone or something? Every time I come in here I see a post of yours with French this or French that.

About the injury to Markov, I hate to be pessimistic but the way he punched the boards looked to me like the guy knew exactly what had just happened. Sort of like oh no not this again. It's really too bad because he was just starting to come around and in the 3-4 games he's been back the PP jumped up 10 spots in the stats. It looks to me like one of those see you in the playoffs type of things. Hope I'm wrong.

Old
11-14-2010, 03:03 PM
habtastic

As much as we've been playing well without him (ish...the PP has sucked), look at who we've played. We have a great team, but this is going to cost us a few spots IMO in the standings. Picard coming in just means we aren't getting someone who sucks. Markov doesn't just fill a spot, he augments the team's play.

The punching the boards to me doesn't indicate that he knew what was wrong. He obviously knew it hurt. I don't think he got an instant diagnosis from the pain. Certainly he knew that it would not be a day-to-day thing, but sometimes you get hurt and it ends up not being as bad or being treated in a manner that allows you to come back. I think he was pissed that he was even going to miss one more game. If you've heard him talk about rehab, he's more upset about not playing and not being able to contribute. Sucks for anyone to get injured. Can't imagine what his level of frustration is. Him getting injured (and still IMO he is NOT made of glass, just extremely unlucky...his knee was weak still, knee on knee contact was surely going to have a devastating effect) is really becoming something ridiculous to the point of being darkly humourous. Like seriously, WTF, are we discussing this... AGAIN!!!? Same like before, all "non-plays". F-in Staal. Had he not jumped up like that, doubt it would have been as bad. Get PK to lacerate some of HIS tendons.

Old
11-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thing is....if he's indeed right, what will everybody bashing him will say? That he was just lucky and guessed it right? What about the others calling him stupid, buffoon or any other things like that? Just thing that it's a little premature and pretty brave to say all those things without knowing.

Lavoie mentions that 2 sources told him that. If he's willing to look like an idiot once we know the truth and it's finally just a 1 week absence, well so be it, then call him stupid and dumb. Until then...he's just reporting what he's hearing.
I just think it's poor journalism, whether it turns out right or not.

Read his article again, it's entirely speculative. It says ''selon ce que RDS a appris, he could be out as much as 3months''. The part that really makes the laugh is when they say he punched the boards as if he thought ''oh non, pas encore!'', that is quite the conclusive proof I must say. Who did they talk to in order to come to this speculation?..nobody knows..All they have to do in order to officially be able to publish this article is write in ''selon ce que RDS a appris''.

This isn't a trade rumor hear, we're talking about an injury. If someone is going to give a time frame, that means they've already established a diagnosis (which we know was impossible). If Lavoie talked to the Doctor, then he doesn't need to hide behind a ''source'' and can flat out quote Dr.Mulder.
It just reeks of ''let's make a headline''.

It's pretty much like the ''Darkest Day'' fiasco. I would have thought they'd learn from this, but clearly they haven't.

It just seems that you can pretty much publish anything you want nowadays as long as you say it comes from a source. The one that understood this the best is Eklund.

Old
11-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Read his article again, it's entirely speculative. It says ''selon ce que RDS a appris, he could be out as much as 3months''. The part that really makes the laugh is when they say he punched the boards as if he thought ''oh non, pas encore!'', that is quite the conclusive proof I must say. Who did they talk to in order to come to this speculation?..nobody knows..All they have to do in order to officially be able to publish this article is write in ''selon ce que RDS a appris''.

This isn't a trade rumor hear, we're talking about an injury. If someone is going to give a time frame, that means they've already established a diagnosis (which we know was impossible). If Lavoie talked to the Doctor, then he doesn't need to hide behind a ''source'' and can flat out quote Dr.Mulder.

It's pretty much like the ''Darkest Day'' fiasco. I would have thought they'd learn from this, but clearly they haven't.

It just seems that you can pretty much publish anything you want nowadays as long as you say it comes from a source. The one that understood this the best is Eklund.
It's poor journalism if it's invented. I don't see it as poor journalism if he ends up being right. It's also poor journalism if you think Renaud Lavoie likes to invent stuff. I don't think he's that kind of journalist. He seems to "hide" behind his 2 sources 'cause of course, we won't know till we have better results. So they're no need for Ryband or Mulder to have their name into this. But if they both answered it doesn't look good and it "might" be related to something that could last 3 months, he's just revealing what he heard....unless you think he invented that to become interesting. We'll know soon enough. By the way, not defending him, couldn't care less. Just saying that while his "news" might a little premature so the comments about him sounds like that as well....

Old
11-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

The problem is...you can't really assess a knee injury acutely based on physical exam. The MRI is where the answer is. Until he has the MRI, we won't know.

If he's reporting what he's hearing; its okay as long as those are people who know/should know. Otherwise he's not reporting he's gossiping. Its really the difference between Anderson Cooper and Parez Hilton

Old
11-14-2010, 03:57 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
In the article it's written he will pass examination in the next few days, they not specifies it's today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner
Today he is having an MRI, that being said, I know you can't have an MRI or other tests if there is significant swelling. The fact that he's going for tests today seems to mean the swelling has subsided....is that a good thing?
So i'm just asking where do you saw it's today?

Well nevermind.

Old
11-14-2010, 03:58 PM
la25ecoupe

cant wait to see weber up.

Old
11-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
In the article it's written he will pass examination in the next few days, they not specifies it's today.

So i'm just asking where do you saw it's today?

Well nevermind.
"Andrei Markov will undergo a MRI today to determine the full extend of the injury he sustained at his right knee saturday. No prognostic yet"

From François Gagnon's twitter: http://twitter.com/GagnonFrancois

There you go buddy!

Old
11-14-2010, 05:00 PM
surferdude99*

*prays that Gauthier doesn't call Marc-Andre Bergerons agent*

Old
11-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Subban76

Quote:

Now you're accusing all journalist of inventing stuff? They are not all corupted.

I have followed Renaud Lavoie for a while and he is a credible and reliable journalist who does not make stuff up. I trust what he writes and he as written that it could be 3 months, not that it was, and that is per 2 sources whitin Habs management who are fearing the worst based on early diagnostic. Nothing wrong with reporting that. He is clear when he says it could be, and not that it is for sure.

Honestly, if people can't read properly anymore and if a journalist is not allowed to write about what he eard from Habs management, then stop reading any Habs article then' because I enjoy it.

Based on everything we saw and eard, I'm quite confident that it is at a minimum soemwhat serious and that he will be out for a while. Is it 4 weeks or 4 months? But I'm confident its not just 3 days. We would have known by now if that was the case.

Old
11-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

I like Markov but it time to cut ties with him he is totally injury prone and certainly isn't worth a long term deal

Old
11-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

I haven't read all the post here but what pisses me off with Eric Staal is the nature in which he tossed Markov's gloves toward him, that was a very dismissive gesture.

Old
11-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
I like Markov but it time to cut ties with him he is totally injury prone and certainly isn't worth a long term deal
I don't agree. He's just 32 years old. What if we let him go and he ends up playing for another 5-6 years like a top 10 Dmen?

Problem is that there is nobody available via UFA that comes close in talent next summer. Teams are locking top players long-term more than ever. Not sure there will be too many top Dmen available next summer and the few ones available will end up in a bidding war with a big overpayment. Habs may wait a very long time before finding someone with Markov's talent. Players of that caliber are rare and to expensive to acquire via trade.

We have Subban now, but why replace one with the other? Why not have both? The both of them together with Price & Plek makes us a top team for the next 5 years.

Letting Markov would be a mistake. Besides, we can maybe keep him for cheaper now!

Old
11-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Sure, let's replace him with McCabe. Screw Markov and his Norris potential.

Closed Thread