HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Let Me Hear You Scream" - 11.13.10 - Chicago at Nashville

Old
11-13-2010, 10:43 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Shooters? Same as the other night?

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 10:48 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Nice.

Old
11-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

YES!!! good win

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Liquidfire3240

So 3 D-men and cal-o...weird, but i'll take it!

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Soundgarden

Very frustrating game with all those penalties, a lot of crappy ones, but I'm glad we held together and fought it out like the team that we are.

Also nice to see another sellout this is our third of the year so far.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Webersmashpuck

Well, Goc has been amazing this year. A completely different player from last year and is completely solid.

I know I have been angry at Franson sometimes this year but 4 goals in 15 games to start the year is awesome. He is slow and still makes some stupid decisions but he isnt a complete liability and is awesome offensively.

Shane O'Brien > Dan Hamhuis

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 01:06 AM
jcupp

Great third period! Very good crowd. Goc is awesome. I think he may be the best forward on the team right now. The puck seems glued to his stick.

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Well, Goc has been amazing this year. A completely different player from last year and is completely solid.

I know I have been angry at Franson sometimes this year but 4 goals in 15 games to start the year is awesome. He is slow and still makes some stupid decisions but he isnt a complete liability and is awesome offensively.

Shane O'Brien > Dan Hamhuis
The guy is our leading D scorer and is top on the team in +/- while getting around 16 mins a game.. What do ppl expect from this kid.. he does a hell of allot more good then bad..
only 23 and has only played 80 games in the nhl... some of our fans hugely under value this guy

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 04:42 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
The guy is our leading D scorer and is top on the team in +/- while getting around 16 mins a game.. What do ppl expect from this kid.. he does a hell of allot more good then bad..
only 23 and has only played 80 games in the nhl... some of our fans hugely under value this guy
I sure as hell dont, im the one who trys to get everyone to see what I see.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Pattypred

I must say that I was in total shock last night by the behavior of some female Hawks fans. With as obnoxious as DRW fans have been in the past, these 5-6 females really showed their complete rear ends.

I had 3 extremely nice Chicago fans directly behind me. Of course, we had some good natured smack talk but that's what helps the game be more fun. We actually ended up high 5ing each other for each other's goals.

These females were about 3 rows back and were very drunk but that is no excuse for the filth they were saying. In fact, the oldest one kept cursing and leaning over to shake her "upper" body at me as I was commenting on their classlessness.

For those who actually know me - just know that I did NOT curse back or lower myself to their level. I finally got to the point of "just laughing at them" and said "how does it feel on the bandwagon?" then turned around to ignore them.

These particular Chicago fans are like the ones who throw beer and food on fans of other teams. They are also are like the ones that will physically go after an opposing fan.

These female types were disgusting. However, I'd like to thank all those Chicago fans who were classy and fun to be around.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 09:52 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think it's funny that since the Predators have been here I haven't seen more than 4 Blackhawks fans at a game at a time until they win a cup..... I bet they're Alabama, SF Giants and New Orleans Saints fans too.

Also, no way can you hate on Franson's game last night.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:45 AM
hatedandproud

I made the same observation last night. I've never seen that many hawks fans in our arena at one time, but hey...I'm sure they were all long-time hawks fans...I mean 5 months is a long time. Isn't it???

And patty we had very similar experiences last night. I had probably a dozen hawks fans sitting in the two rows behind me. And the ones who were loudest and talking the most trash, by far, were the women.
I made a comment/joke to a couple of the guys in the group, asking if they had any hats to throw when skille gets his hat trick and one of the women yells "what's your problem redneck don't like losing." Now I've been called lots of things in my life, but never a redneck , so I did get a good laugh out of it. One of the guys also said "don't pay any attention to them they're s-faced."
And she did flip me off when I turned around and smiled at her after sharp's fail. It's the simple things in life....

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 10:53 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I think it's funny that since the Predators have been here I haven't seen more than 4 Blackhawks fans at a game at a time until they win a cup..... I bet they're Alabama, SF Giants and New Orleans Saints fans too.

i think you just copied and pasted my facebook post from last night.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcupp View Post
Goc is awesome. I think he may be the best forward on the team right now. The puck seems glued to his stick.
Goc has been fantastic this year; Goc coming back really has made a difference.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Soundgarden

Quote:

Yeah, I was impressed he was even trying to use his body a lot more then he has been.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 11:43 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i think you just copied and pasted my facebook post from last night.
lol, which part? Now I have to go see.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:44 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
lol, which part? Now I have to go see.
lol..

Quote:
Where were all these dang blackhawk fans when chicago sucked? Bunch of slimy bandwagoners. Bet they are giant, saint and laker fans too....

Old
11-14-2010, 12:16 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

As a Red Sox fan, I gleefully rejoiced at the 2004 win and lurched in pain seeing the pink hat brigade come in 2005.

At least Sox management was kind enough to sell pink hats so it was easier to see who the bandwaggoners were.

(And as for those of you wondering, Preds fan since 2002, Pats and Sox fan from the 80's I understand paying your dues.)

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 12:41 PM
roseyc

I thought last night was the best game we played so far. It's not our best game because we haven't played that yet. A lot of things were good to see. First Erat and Suter were back and you tell that they were rusty but with them in the lineup they do make a difference. Suter gave the defence it's proper order. I noticed that Suter was paired with someone different than Weber which I think in the long run is a good thing. When you have two great defenceman and the rest fair then you need mix and match and I think last night. The offense on the other hand still need has chemistry issue. The main reason is the most of the lines haven't played with each enough to get chemistry. Erat passes were just off enough to disrupt the timing and he seem like he was having trouble fitting in. Shane O'Brien proved his worth last night. When Chicago tried to bully us there was SOB there to stand for us and Weber standing up for Hornqvist was showing he's growing into the captaincy role. Goc is showing why were losing without him. Hornqvist is proving to his worth and not a fluke which we all feared. OR is stepping up but with his stepping up Sully has slowed his pace. He was pushed around quite a bit. Time will if Sully age will catch up to him.
Dumont and Legwand and Ward and especially Wilson can't find their games. Wilson I think needs a hard jolt like sending him down to Milw for a brief stint. Then bring him back to remind him that he's counted on for scoring. Dumont and Legwand are enigmas. Both of them don't want to shoot they like to pass. Sk had the game on his stick last night and missed the net but you can tell he's not far from finding his shot. He don't play a lick of defence and he's not a scrumer but given time he will be a productive scorer whether or not he's given a chance or not. Tooto doesn't belong on a scoring line and neither does Smithson. I guess Lomb will be out til the first of the year and maybe not even then which is a shame because we need him. From last year our second and third leading scorer aren't there. They were Erat and Arnott. Erat has been hurt and Lomb for Arnott is just missing whether or not he would replace Arnott's goals would remain to be seen. Pekka is having the same type of year he had last and hopefully he can get to more consistentancy. Still a good win

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 01:30 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Here's what the stats tell me:

There is a definate first line for the first time in a long time with Sully, Hornqvist, and O'Reilly (SHORe line) to go along with the first pairing (Weber-Suter) and Rinne.

The lines after that are a friggin mess. Sully, Legwand, and Ward are the three forwards showing the greatest balance of offensive and defensive prowess with their 18 minute averages TOI/G.

I know Dumont is being jerked around but I think Viqsi nailed it with the idea of Dumont being the offensive sacrificial lamb for defensive lines. He's the most offensively efficient forward with 7 points in 13:01 of TOI/G. Funny thing is, statistically, Wilson is looking a lot like Dumont. Low TOI/G but somewhat stronger points wise.

Nashville has a first line, but a cluster for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines. Dobber's line combination tool. http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpo...ations&sent=go

shows that the next most used line is Tootoo-Legwand-Ward. A very defensive line. But with the injuries, there isn't much consistency.

You got to wonder, you have to wonder what this team would look like with a healthy Lombardi? I see him as a trade deadline acquisition. If he doesn't get LTIR first. If he does go LTIR, I wonder if Poile will make a trade or move up Linus?

Faceoff leader is Smithson, as expected, at 57.3% and 164 faceoffs.

O'Reilly is at 46.9% with 226 chances.

Legwand is horrid with 43.3% and 164 chances.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 02:04 PM
hockey diva

I'm in Patty's section lower down and those girls were the epitome of trash. They were yelling go Hawks in the bathroom, and one of them physically attacked one of my friends after the game was over. Of course there was no usher in the vicinity and a male Preds fan pulled the ***** off my friend. While I appreciate the fact that they bought tickets, it made the game experience slightly less enjoyable.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

So someone else gets the GDT for next game.. I will be at work and we don't have internet at work.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

There was a woman trash talking all night near me. The sad part was she had a 4 year old girl sitting on her lap. I felt like I needed to call child services. Stay classy Chicago.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 08:08 PM
hockey diva

I made the mistake of posting in the hawks gdt here on hfboards and all I got was kudos to the girls for being so trashy. Where do the classy hawk fans post? And this will be the end of it from me I swear.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 08:26 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I made the mistake of posting in the hawks gdt here on hfboards and all I got was kudos to the girls for being so trashy. Where do the classy hawk fans post? And this will be the end of it from me I swear.
They reacted to a post that was bashing their fan base, I don't know what kind of reaction expected to get.