HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #17 |Edmonton Oilers @ New York Rangers|12:30pm EST| MSG(HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2010, 10:05 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Look at it this way--you see the way HF Rangers fans are banding together over this? Even our posters who don't like Avery? Then you KNOW the TEAM will bond over the whole thing. Not just the Avery part, but everything that happened afterward.

Obviously a win is what matters most, but this is the type of game that really brings guys together as a team. I love it.

It's just pain.
Old
11-14-2010, 10:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Smid honored a code, Something your ***** player did not do. If Smid wanted too and should have done was jump all over that ****ing POS and beat his teeth in, but even he underestimated Avery's sliminess, Smid tried to fight an ******* with class, Shouldent have done that.
Yeah, instigating a fight because your guy got hit too hard sure is noble.

You make it sound like Smid is Avery's size- at 6 inches taller the advantage is way in his favor. Avery would be stupid to fight him.

Actually I guess not, since he went down in one punch.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:07 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Look at it this way--you see the way HF Rangers fans are banding together over this? Even our posters who don't like Avery? Then you KNOW the TEAM will bond over the whole thing. Not just the Avery part, but everything that happened afterward.

Obviously a win is what matters most, but this is the type of game that really brings guys together as a team. I love it.
Exactly. We can argue on a message board, but all I care about is how it effects the performance of the team.

A team that fights together wins together .

Old
11-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

Hopefully the team does bond around each other.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:08 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It looks like the glove is coming off his hand at :53. If Avery has the time to make the punch, why doesn't he also swing, or duck, or try to avoid getting bashed in the face?

It's the equivalent of grabbing someone by the jersey and flinging them into an awkward position, and then unleashing on them; this happens in many "middleweight" fights. Avery didn't have to put him in the awkward position, he was half facing Avery and half facing the play. Avery goes to grab him and yank him, and happens to land a punch right in his face.

All cries of Avery's fight not being fair are off when Dubinsky is attacked from the bench, imo.
Avery's already winding up for the punch as the glove comes off...look how far back his arm is in the first image. From the looks of it, I'd say Smid spent that remaining one second (or less) dropping his stick from the other hand, turning to face Avery, and attempting to grab him. The fact that he didn't even have time to defend himself kind of alludes to the fact that it wasn't the fairest of fights.

I do certainly agree with you that Peckham (not Dubinsky) leaving the bench to start Avery is just as bad, if not worse. At least rules-wise anyways.

But anyways...that was just my take on the fight. Again, not an Oilers fan, just watching replays and decided to find a place to give my opinion (the Oilers board seems a little less reasonable on this situation. But it seems like my differing opinions are drawing a lot of back-lash here too, so I'll leave you guys in peace.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:09 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
No one is getting suspended. What a bunch of nonsense. Edmonton had players on the ice who should NOT have been on the ice.

http://twitter.com/#!/DavidAmber/sta...54386820669440

Edmonton had a tough day. They embarrassed themselves. Cogliano sucks. Gaborik took the puck away from him on the first goal like he wasn't even there. Then Cogliano cheap shots Rusty Fedotenko in the 3rd.

Gagner looked like ****. Gilbert made some nice passes to the Ranger players. Penner and Hemsky were miserable.

Edmonton has the Bulin Wall signed for two more seasons. 35 plus contract. Good luck to them.

"Mr. Gaborik -- tear down this wall!!"

Old
11-14-2010, 10:17 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post

Glove off punch not yet thrown end of story
Avery looks like a deranged animal in that picture. ****ing awesome.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:17 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
We're not yet at 1000 posts, but will be soon. Let's move it to the PGT.

Closed Thread