HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Knicks Part 3 (All NBA discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2010, 09:43 PM
nyrleetch

vCash: 500
Knicks Part 3 (All NBA discussion)

Since the other one reached 1000 posts.

Tough Loss tonight. Up 92-85 late I said to myself we lose this game.

Old
10-30-2010, 09:45 PM
17futurecap

If they can some how get past Orlando and Chicago 1-1, the schedule eases up before they go out west.

Old
10-30-2010, 09:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
OK, I closed the other one.

Not that big on an NBA fan, but damn, what a craptastic way to lose. Looked like a reach in on that last Stoudemire play. Should have been at the line.

It's just pain.
Old
10-30-2010, 10:00 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

They need shooters. Hello Danillo.

Old
10-30-2010, 10:02 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
They need shooters. Hello Danillo.
They keep saying his wrist is bothering him, wonder if he doesn't want to get traded. Chandler is great coming off the bench, and that kid Landry Fields doesn't look like a rookie at all.

Old
10-30-2010, 10:09 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

missed free throws and poor shooting by Gallo.

I cant believe we blew that lead.

Old
10-30-2010, 10:15 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Knicks are still in a rebuild. They're a young team, there will be growing pains. Next year, they'll be good. With Melo.

Old
10-30-2010, 10:56 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
missed free throws and poor shooting by Gallo.

I cant believe we blew that lead.
It's like you know it's going to happen but at the same time your saying not these Knicks.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Hey guys how about Chandler His first 3 games he has 20+ points, he just can't miss a shot if he wanted to, tonight 15 or 16 rebounds and 22 points.

I can see him by the end of the season.- 21.0 PPG 8.0 RPG 2 APG & 1.5 BPG

Thank the lord we didnt trade him for Rudy Fernandez.

Keep it up Will!

Old
10-31-2010, 02:06 AM
Rangers4Life74

this game did hurt.cant miss 12 free throws like that.Gallo is still bothered by his wrist,its obvious.all his shots are flat and just way off.give credit to Portland though,3rd game in a row for them they've outscored their opponents in the 4th after being behind to win.

Old
10-31-2010, 04:19 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik Scores View Post
Hey guys how about Chandler His first 3 games he has 20+ points, he just can't miss a shot if he wanted to, tonight 15 or 16 rebounds and 22 points.

I can see him by the end of the season.- 21.0 PPG 8.0 RPG 2 APG & 1.5 BPG

Thank the lord we didnt trade him for Rudy Fernandez.

Keep it up Will!

I could see him averaging 20 points a night but rebs might be a little high. Looks like Chandler is getting Al Harrington's shots. I know it's early but Chandler is hoisting up more than six 3s a game - last year he was just over 2 per game.

Old
10-31-2010, 04:41 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

yeah so, I have no idea what'chall'talkin'bout with these ppg(pp goals?)ppa(pp assists?) and hoop lah, whats it all mean?!
/drunks

/end

[thatshowiend]

Old
10-31-2010, 07:50 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
They keep saying his wrist is bothering him, wonder if he doesn't want to get traded. Chandler is great coming off the bench, and that kid Landry Fields doesn't look like a rookie at all.

Yep, that's what 4 years of college does.

BTW. Does Felton not know the pick n roll? I haven't seen it with him and Stoudamire yet.

Old
10-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I could see him averaging 20 points a night but rebs might be a little high. Looks like Chandler is getting Al Harrington's shots. I know it's early but Chandler is hoisting up more than six 3s a game - last year he was just over 2 per game.
The reason why I put him so high for rebounds is because we have no rebounders so he will be grabbing some.

Old
10-31-2010, 10:50 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Totally different team from last year. I like what I see. Baby steps.

Old
11-12-2010, 12:56 AM
savebyrichter35

I wanted to start a thread but wasn't sure how much steam it would pick up so I figured I'd just post in here. Any St. John's fans on here? Lavin just secured yet another elite recruit today in Norvel Pelle and currently has the #2/#3 (depending on which site you look at) recruiting class in the nation for next year, with another top 50 wing Amir Garrett most likely on the way.

I think everyone would've been satisfied with anyone other than Norm as coach, and some opinions about whether or not St. John's could return to prominence (or at the very least, relevance) wavered, however no one, not even the most optimistic person such as myself could have ever imagined what Lavin has done to this program in only 6 months! I could go on and on but I'll wait to see if anyone actually cares about St. John's/college hoops on here enough before I ramble a little more

Old
11-14-2010, 09:36 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Amar'e "I'm not used to losing"

Knicks need to change this losing atmosphere....

Old
11-14-2010, 09:56 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Amar'e "I'm not used to losing"

Knicks need to change this losing atmosphere....
Knicks need to get PGs that can actually, you know, run an offense, pass, etc.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:10 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Amare needs to step it up a bit. Tired of losing? Make it your team and take over a game like we know you can.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:12 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Knicks need to get PGs that can actually, you know, run an offense, pass, etc.
Exactly. Felton is an upgrade over Duhon but that isn't saying much. He's not a big PG.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:15 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Amare needs to step it up a bit. Tired of losing? Make it your team and take over a game like we know you can.
He does need to step up but his game doesn't play to taking over a game. He can't create his own offense. He needs a good PG. Until the Knicks get one they won't take that next step.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:18 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Exactly. Felton is an upgrade over Duhon but that isn't saying much. He's not a big PG.
Felton has not been the problem in my opinion. He has been a good player for the Knicks and exhibited toughness. He does not run the pick and roll with Stoudemire all that well yet, but he has been far from the problem. More of the offense has to be run through A'mare. Way too many possessions end with quick shots or him not getting a touch. When he and Felton develop a little bit more chemistry, he will get easier buckets.

This team shoots entirely too many three-pointers, and plays too little defense. Gallinari needs to develop more of an all-around game. The guy can get to the bucket if he wants to. I am going to reserve judgment until a little later in the season (hopefully with Azubuike and Randolph in prominent roles), but D'Antoni needs to get this together. He has not had any talent to work with prior to this season, but he needs to demonstrate some improvement this year.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:27 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Felton has not been the problem in my opinion. He has been a good player for the Knicks and exhibited toughness. He does not run the pick and roll with Stoudemire all that well yet, but he has been far from the problem. More of the offense has to be run through A'mare. Way too many possessions end with quick shots or him not getting a touch. When he and Felton develop a little bit more chemistry, he will get easier buckets.

This team shoots entirely too many three-pointers, and plays too little defense. Gallinari needs to develop more of an all-around game. The guy can get to the bucket if he wants to. I am going to reserve judgment until a little later in the season (hopefully with Azubuike and Randolph in prominent roles), but D'Antoni needs to get this together. He has not had any talent to work with prior to this season, but he needs to demonstrate some improvement this year.
D'Antoni basketball....

Here's the problems I see:

This personnel does not fit D'Antoni's system.
He's making no adjustments to fit his personnel.
His system relies on a very good PG that can shoot and pass, great shooters all around and great unselfish passing.

Knicks have none of that. The result is what we're seeing.
Felton has made no one better and has not run the offense all that well imo. Looks to be at best a back up PG.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:33 PM
17futurecap

It would be good if Felton could run the pick and roll at all, tonight was a disaster. If you watch the Suns right now Nash misses Amare, and you watch the Knicks and Amare misses Nash. Anthony Randolph has been a disaster, but if they are going to lose can he play more than seven minutes? Hurts with Turiaf out, Mozgov is way too raw, and fouls someone on every play it seems. Bench is weak, Roger Mason and Billy Walker are not the answers for guys you want coming off the bench. Other than that I feel great about them going to the west coast for four games, and probably coming back 3-11, maybe 4-10 . Carmelo should feast on them in a few nights.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:40 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
D'Antoni basketball....

Here's the problems I see:

This personnel does not fit D'Antoni's system.
He's making no adjustments to fit his personnel.

His system relies on a very good PG that can shoot and pass, great shooters all around and great unselfish passing.

Knicks have none of that. The result is what we're seeing.
Felton has made no one better and has not run the offense all that well imo. Looks to be at best a back up PG.
Ding ding ding. D'Antoni was given minimal to work with previous to this season. But if as a coach, he gets the best out of his players, which is his job, this team is battling for 6th-7th in the Eastern Conference.

We will have to agree to disagree on Felton for now, and allow for a little more time to elapse. He pushes the ball well, and finds the open man more times than not. He is better than average at driving to the bucket, in my opinion and even shot better than I anticipated he would thus far. What offense? The disorganization and poor shot selection should not be pinned on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
It would be good if Felton could run the pick and roll at all, tonight was a disaster. If you watch the Suns right now Nash misses Amare, and you watch the Knicks and Amare misses Nash. Anthony Randolph has been a disaster, but if they are going to lose can he play more than seven minutes? Hurts with Turiaf out, Mozgov is way too raw, and fouls someone on every play it seems. Bench is weak, Roger Mason and Billy Walker are not the answers for guys you want coming off the bench. Other than that I feel great about them going to the west coast for four games, and probably coming back 3-11, maybe 4-10 . Carmelo should feast on them in a few nights.
Randolph has got to get more minutes. If you want/expect him to be a valuable member of this team down the stretch and next year, now is the time for the growing pains. Does not make sense that the pre-season has been used as the only barometer for him. Kid has potential--give him minutes and confidence.

Closed Thread