HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Your Support when Hockey returns

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2005, 12:18 PM
BlueBleeder

vCash: 500
I will probably buy season tickets for the first time for 05/06. The NHL still has my full support, I hate the lockout but I hate basketball so much more.

Old
05-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Conversely, if the game opens up and it seems like whatever combinations of cap/etc will keep the roster stability no worse than it was before the lockout, etc, then I might even be more into the NHL product than I was before the lockout. And if they let the Habs draft Sidney Crosby, well...
One of the things that I suggested long ago is to make a cap variant for players drafted and developed by a team.

For example, Mike Komiserak would only could say 60-75% towards the cap as long as he is with the Habs. That way, players could get paid more based on showing loyalty to their team, and fans can have the roster continuity.

Just an idea.

Old
05-25-2005, 12:31 PM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
3) I'm not giving the NHL or the NHLPA one red penny for at least one calendar year. This means no Pay Per View, no merchanise, no tickets, no donations to charities they support, nothing, nada, zilch...I won't go to the Corel Center for ANYTHING related to the NHL or NHLPA.
Good luck with your stance, my only question is why you would choose to smite charities that the NHL is involved in? You're going to NOT give any money to cancer just because the NHL supports it? Since Saku Koivu and Mats Sundin will be wearing "Captains against Cancer" patches, you're not going to donate anything to the Canadian Cancer Society? That'll really show 'em.

Old
05-25-2005, 12:40 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Im like alot of fans. Very dissapointed but most likely gonna return

Old
05-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
You are more wrong than right here...
I am not sure how advertising works in Canada where Marconius is from , but in the U.S these are very small cable deals which are negotiated far in advance. The cable systems buy the rights to show the games. Hockey is "Run of station" and the advertising costs during these games are the same as any other daypart. They don't have a different price to advertise during the games
For the National networks who guarantee Cume, yes viewership effects advertising rates. But that is more than likely only going to be 5 of the teams 82 games. (unless they shorten the schedule)

Hockey Night in Canada on CBC (free national television network, quasi government agency) is a very, very big deal in Canada, and while I don't know for a fact, I would assume that it is premium advertising rates.

Old
05-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Bucky
Hockey Night in Canada on CBC (free national television network, quasi government agency) is a very, very big deal in Canada, and while I don't know for a fact, I would assume that it is premium advertising rates.
But are the advertising rates a fixed amount or do they charge for actual cumulative viewers like the American Networks?

Old
05-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
But are the advertising rates a fixed amount or do they charge for actual cumulative viewers like the American Networks?

No, I would expect that they are at a fixed rate. The rate that they could impose on their advertisers would of course diminish if viewership dwindled, which I think is the point at hand. I think it's moot anyway; Canadians are generally very sheep-like in our behavior- if they broadcast it we will watch it.

Old
05-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Hawerchuk10

Just drop the damn puck and I'll be there!!

This means you Bettman and Goodenow!!

Old
05-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

It depends on when the CBA gets in place. The NHL will be in better shape if they give people an advance for people to plan and budget things out. I will go to the games I go to every year, Vancouver (especialy this year!) Philly, beyond that depends on what the league does.

However College hockey will get the priority beyond my hardcore games. I'm going to the DU banner raising (added bonus of seeing Dave Hansons son) I want to take drives down to the Springs to see games at CC and Air Force and the games are good bang for the buck.

One advantage the Avs will have here is the potential NBA lockout. Again people who have to make preseason plans won't will look at a sure thing. The Nuggets are a resurgent team, but fans still are taking a "wait and see" approach about embracing them. Half the population moved in since the 90's so they have no conception of the team's glory years, are fans of other teams (bad wagon Bulls fans), and have no emotional tie to the Nugs. The other half were driven away by every beloved figure of the team being tossed aside a promising team being broken up for ***** and giggles and horrible ownership impossed on us by the league.

Closed Thread