HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O'Byrne trade opens up a spot for who?

Old
11-14-2010, 03:55 PM
bigdrew99

vCash: 500
with the O'byrne trade and the injury to Markov, the Canadians blue line has now been decimated. spacek and hammer have been playing better due to the reduce minutes. know those minutes are going to be up again. This coming UFA off season Anton Babchuck will be available, 6'3 225 blocks shots eats up alot of ice time and had 35pts last season. the canadians should consider looking towards him. if that is the case there blue line will be solid.
Subban Babchuck
Hammer Spacek
Gill Gorges
Picard

bigdrew99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 05:22 PM
clarke19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdrew99 View Post
with the O'byrne trade and the injury to Markov, the Canadians blue line has now been decimated. spacek and hammer have been playing better due to the reduce minutes. know those minutes are going to be up again. This coming UFA off season Anton Babchuck will be available, 6'3 225 blocks shots eats up alot of ice time and had 35pts last season. the canadians should consider looking towards him. if that is the case there blue line will be solid.
Subban Babchuck
Hammer Spacek
Gill Gorges
Picard
Replace Markov with Babchuk?

Sheer Brilliance!! .. ...

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 06:05 PM
ikelechien

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
Replace Markov with Babchuk?

Sheer Brilliance!! .. ...
We have a 6'3'' 212 lb. D who is likely to be ready for next year - can skate, has a good 1st pass, good transition game, excellent hockey sense, can help on the 2nd PP and cheap. Why would U go elsewhere? His name Brendon Nash. His stats in Hamilton to date: 13-2-5-7-10 +4.

ikelechien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 06:11 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelechien View Post
We have a 6'3'' 212 lb. D who is likely to be ready for next year - can skate, has a good 1st pass, good transition game, excellent hockey sense, can help on the 2nd PP and cheap. Why would U go elsewhere? His name Brendon Nash. His stats in Hamilton to date: 13-2-5-7-10 +4.

Nash is a smart, offensive-minded defenseman who possesses a nice combination of size, mobility and puck skills. He uses his 6'3 frame and long reach to great advantage, particularly in protecting or stripping the puck. He's also not afraid to join the offensive play. Defensively, he is solid and keeps things pretty simple

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brendon_nash

Interesting.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 06:26 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I was gonna come say Brendon Nash but was beaten to the punch. From the pre-season games he played and the OKC/HAM came CBC played, I've been very impressed with Nash. The above description is spot on. Simple defense, some nice offensive IQ.

Subban-Gill/Picard
Spacek-Hamrlik
Nash-Gorges

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I was gonna come say Brendon Nash but was beaten to the punch. From the pre-season games he played and the OKC/HAM came CBC played, I've been very impressed with Nash. The above description is spot on. Simple defense, some nice offensive IQ.

Subban-Gill/Picard
Spacek-Hamrlik
Nash-Gorges
Also beaten to the punch, but like you, also really excited about this prospect. Nothing against Weber, but Nash's size and skating ability makes him more of an interesting prospect to me. At 5'10, I just don't know if Weber will ever be able to handle himself at the next level. He'd have to develop a real physical game a la Bouillon to give himself a chance, imo. That or be super positionally sound. So far i haven't seen either from him, though i assume he is getting better in the AHL.

That said, if Weber is the next guy in next year with the big club (with a couple of spots probably opening up) I'd really like to see him get some games in the NHL this year, Kind of like Subban got last year.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 08:13 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Also beaten to the punch, but like you, also really excited about this prospect. Nothing against Weber, but Nash's size and skating ability makes him more of an interesting prospect to me. At 5'10, I just don't know if Weber will ever be able to handle himself at the next level. He'd have to develop a real physical game a la Bouillon to give himself a chance, imo. That or be super positionally sound. So far i haven't seen either from him, though i assume he is getting better in the AHL.

That said, if Weber is the next guy in next year with the big club (with a couple of spots probably opening up) I'd really like to see him get some games in the NHL this year, Kind of like Subban got last year.
Weber is just to small and physically weak, he gets manhandled all over the ice in the NHL. He's obviously a great offensive contributor, but he's too much of a liability. At 6'3 210lbs, I'm sure Brendon Nash could handle his own at the NHL level, and he's solid enough defensively to not stick out like a sore thumb like Weber does.

Old
11-14-2010, 10:31 PM
clarke19

Weber is kind of like Maxwell for me. Can play at the AHL level but can't make the transition to the NHL level. I liked what Nash brought this pre-season and if he can keep it up in the AHL I'd like to see him get a bottom pair spot with the club next season instead of signing Gill.

That could open up some money to spend on another top 4 d-man and another top forward assuming Hammer takes a discount or doesn't come back.

Wrong thread, but we mentioned Nash.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 10:36 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Weber is just to small and physically weak, he gets manhandled all over the ice in the NHL. He's obviously a great offensive contributor, but he's too much of a liability. At 6'3 210lbs, I'm sure Brendon Nash could handle his own at the NHL level, and he's solid enough defensively to not stick out like a sore thumb like Weber does.
Brendon Nash has a future with the Habs. He reminds me a bit of Rob Blake. But if it was good for Subban to be with the Dogs for the season then Nash needs to be there for two seasons. He's got allot going for him but watching him over the past few games he needs time. He's making mistakes and needs to learn down here where he won't lose his confidence.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:39 AM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdrew99 View Post
with the O'byrne trade and the injury to Markov, the Canadians blue line has now been decimatedd
Decimated? I thought we had the best record in the league before Markov returned and Picard playing while O'Byrne sat?

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:00 AM
shao01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
He had 61 points last year how is that not a top 6 forward? When you have Maxim Lapierre on your second line Langenbrunner would be more than a solid addition..
Langenbrunner over Satan all day. I'll take the lesser of the two evils!

shao01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by shao01 View Post
Langenbrunner over Satan all day. I'll take the lesser of the two evils!
Langenbrunner isn't even comparable to Satan. He's a leader, a winner and an ex teammate of Gomez and Gionta, he'd be a perfect fit with the Habs.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Bill McNeal

Am I correct in thinking that the cap hit for a player traded to a team is calculated using the portion of the season that players is on that team?

Eg, player X is traded for player Y at the exact midpoint of the season, and thus the total cap hit the team takes for that year is .5X + .5Y?

If that's the case, and my quick math doesn't fail me, then assuming the Habs were to trade for a player like Langenbrunner, or one of equal cap hit, not give up any roster players in the trade and subsequently demote Boyd, they'd have to wait until mid-December.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Aurel Joliat

Ryan White please !

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 07:22 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Ryan White please !
I would also approve of this

Old
11-15-2010, 10:54 AM
SteveY19

I would like to see Brendon Nash in the NHL and see how he does this year. Just wondering if he will be able to step in next year and replace Hamrlik when his contract ends. I like Babchuk a lot as a player. I don't know how much he will get in free agency but he is a guy I have been following for a couple years and I have seen nothing but improvement. Plays all situations, big strong guy,... Part of the reason I would like to see what Nash can do.

SteveY19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
HomaridII

I went to the game the Dogs played at the Bell Center and was most impressed with Nash and Carle in terms of defense. Both were solid on their own end, good first pass, good skaters, smart players, strong enough not to get muscled on the boards or in front of the net, etc..

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote