HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Anti-TSN

Old
11-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 50
when they showed gillis I thought to myself "boy does he need to get to the gym". It looks like he has terrible blood circulation.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyack57 View Post
I get a kick out of CBC and TSN when they pan up to Brian Burke in his box seat after each goal against for a reaction. How many other GMs not named Sutter or Burke get that treatment?
How many GM's have screwed the pooch so badly?

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Robert604strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmckool View Post
My problem with this article is that the Author infers that all Toronto sports teams have been terrible for a while and continue to be terrible, where in reality the Blue Jays are former back-to-back World Series Champions and will be excellent in the 2011 season.
Well all the teams are pretty bad,except for the Toronto Rock and even the Out door lacross team is really good. The Jays have had 2 or 3 winning seasons since they won the world series. The Raptors made the play-off`s once in the blue moon but bow out first round and add on the 7,8 spot in the east has been all under .500 for like the last 5 years. The Fc have failed to make the play-off`s( i still love them).Then there is the Toronto Maple leaf`s,they have missed the play offs how many times,havnt won the stanley cup since 67. Cant say they have been the worst but all the media thinks Toronto should always be contenders in everything and if they make the play offs but lose in the first round its the worlds greatest upset. People need to relax and just let things unfold,they are changing the format for the baseball play offs so the jays will probaly make it back. I do hate the leafs but just be fair and think of what they could actually do,8th at best and just be happy they are even there.

Robert604strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
topcheese1984*

pretty sure it wasnt meant to be taking that literally...but having to go back 17 years for a championship when your city has 3 major pro sports teams? ouch

topcheese1984* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyack57 View Post
I get a kick out of CBC and TSN when they pan up to Brian Burke in his box seat after each goal against for a reaction. How many other GMs not named Sutter or Burke get that treatment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
How many GM's have screwed the pooch so badly?
Doug Wilson, for obvious reasons, has many great reactions that have been showcased on international television. He tries, though. He really does.

Bieksallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 08:50 AM
topcheese1984*

hahhahaha that article is golden. Nothing wrong with a little good natured ribbing

topcheese1984* is offline   Reply With Quote