HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Let Me Hear You Scream" - 11.13.10 - Chicago at Nashville

Old
11-14-2010, 08:34 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I complimented the classy fans and just asked them to leave the trash at home next time.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 09:41 PM
markie8002000

Up next the Maple Leafs...

markie8002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Milly79

That's funny (not that I put any weight into this next statement, but) I heard that we were being the "unclassy" fans via some tweets. Can't take the guy seriously though, as he was doing nothing but finding excuses about how Nashville sucks, Horny is a puss and other random crap.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 10:44 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

Sounds like drunk tweeting to me.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:11 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
I love Hornqvist's fire. He was not going to be denied last night. I want to see the rest of the team catch his fever.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
I love Hornqvist's fire. He was not going to be denied last night. I want to see the rest of the team catch his fever.
Funny part is...he's like that in practice too. He's super competitive and loves scoring goals, the goalies I think love him challenging them. He is always at the crease hacking and sacking to create a loose puck, but is quick apologize when he pushes the line and gives props routinely to the goalies when they stop him...that's when he isn't slamming his stick in disgust or cursing at the top of his lungs when he's robbed. As I said, he's hyper competitive...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 05:48 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Dumont and Legwand and Ward and especially Wilson can't find their games. Wilson I think needs a hard jolt like sending him down to Milw for a brief stint. Then bring him back to remind him that he's counted on for scoring.
I suspect why Wilson is in the doghouse. Trotz expected a power forward but instead got a flower forward. Wilson so seldom knocks someone off the puck in open ice (although he's great at battling for it and controlling it on the wall, which takes toughness) that I was wondering if he's just too slow to get to people or something. But I checked the statistics.

Wilson has been credited with one hit in fifteen games. ONE HIT. That's right I said ONE HIT in FIFTEEN games!

Weak. I doubt Trotz is going to give big ice time to a power forward with no power. Of course he's supposed to be a skill man, but he needs to chip in however he can. And if he shies away from checking people off the puck, he isn't doing everything he can. Even Sully, smaller, older, bad back and all, has far more hits (9). Dumont has five. Wilson should have more hits than those guys. O'Reilly is the other flower with just two, twice as many as Wilson. But O'Reilly scores. When Wilson gets stuck on a fourth line with Tootoo his goal should be to freight train somebody. But he never does. I guess he lifts all those weights to look good in the mirror. If he rocked an opposing player once in awhile or created a turnover he'd probably catch Trotz' eye and move up again.

He also fails at takeaways. The only Pred players who have fewer than Wilson's anemic total of two takeaways are Belak, Laakso, and Klasen... O'Reilly has fourteen. I don't care how slow Wilson may be, he needs to find a way to make the puck switch teams. With a hit or a steal. Instead it's like he's waiting for others to do that so he can take it and show off some skill.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 11-15-2010 at 06:30 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:12 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Love Hornqvist, absolutely love the way he plays. Wish some of that would rub off on Erat. Next season it's Weber C, Suter and Hornqvist A's.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 11:40 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

a few things about the game to discuss....

how much crap does hornquist have to take before he gets a call or hurt? I know that is his role, but that man is really gonna get hurt taking beating after beating. I wish facewashes received was a stat...

on the third goal I think, you see why (and it answered my own question that slake answered as well) klein and weber don't play together, both being predominantly right d-men. other things happened that resulted in the goal, but it was glaring.

what a pretty pass from goc to SOB. I don't think the puck ht the ice it was so nice. good pinch and finish by sob.

nice job by legwands unit shutting down chicagos stars.

nice to see sullivan, cube, weber show some fire and get pugilant.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
a few things about the game to discuss....

how much crap does hornquist have to take before he gets a call or hurt? I know that is his role, but that man is really gonna get hurt taking beating after beating. I wish facewashes received was a stat...

on the third goal I think, you see why (and it answered my own question that slake answered as well) klein and weber don't play together, both being predominantly right d-men. other things happened that resulted in the goal, but it was glaring.

what a pretty pass from goc to SOB. I don't think the puck ht the ice it was so nice. good pinch and finish by sob.

nice job by legwands unit shutting down chicagos stars.

nice to see sullivan, cube, weber show some fire and get pugilant.
Third goal for who?

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:08 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

chicago

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:39 PM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
chicago
Sorry, don't understand what you mean.

Suter and Weber were the defensemen, don't remember the 2 forwards back with them, but Tootoo came in very late, after the goal in fact. I think Erat was the guy that had completely let his guy go and the shot got by Rinne.

Just trying to figure out what you meant. I like a RH / LH shot from the defensemen, seems to give much more options in the 1-timer department.

Old
11-15-2010, 01:44 PM
zeke
#freewilly

hey guys, leafs fan here....could you tell me what the lines and pairings were this game, with your lineup back to almost fully healthy?

cheers.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
hey guys, leafs fan here....could you tell me what the lines and pairings were this game, with your lineup back to almost fully healthy?

cheers.
Sullivan - O'Reilly - Hornqvist
Ward - Legwand - Dumont
Erat - Goc - Tootoo
Wilson - Smithson - Kostitsyn

Suter - Weber
Bouillon - Klein
O'Brien - Franson

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 01:54 PM
zeke
#freewilly

thanks.

you expect the same tommorrow or maybe Belak drawn in for SKost because of Orr?

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I suspect why Wilson is in the doghouse. Trotz expected a power forward but instead got a flower forward. Wilson so seldom knocks someone off the puck in open ice (although he's great at battling for it and controlling it on the wall, which takes toughness) that I was wondering if he's just too slow to get to people or something. But I checked the statistics.

Wilson has been credited with one hit in fifteen games. ONE HIT. That's right I said ONE HIT in FIFTEEN games!

Weak. I doubt Trotz is going to give big ice time to a power forward with no power. Of course he's supposed to be a skill man, but he needs to chip in however he can. And if he shies away from checking people off the puck, he isn't doing everything he can. Even Sully, smaller, older, bad back and all, has far more hits (9). Dumont has five. Wilson should have more hits than those guys. O'Reilly is the other flower with just two, twice as many as Wilson. But O'Reilly scores. When Wilson gets stuck on a fourth line with Tootoo his goal should be to freight train somebody. But he never does. I guess he lifts all those weights to look good in the mirror. If he rocked an opposing player once in awhile or created a turnover he'd probably catch Trotz' eye and move up again.

He also fails at takeaways. The only Pred players who have fewer than Wilson's anemic total of two takeaways are Belak, Laakso, and Klasen... O'Reilly has fourteen. I don't care how slow Wilson may be, he needs to find a way to make the puck switch teams. With a hit or a steal. Instead it's like he's waiting for others to do that so he can take it and show off some skill.
Definition of Power Forward from Wiki:

It is usually used in reference to a forward who is physically large, with the toughness to dig the puck out of the corners, possess offensive instincts, has mobility, puckhandling skills,[2][3] may be difficult to knock off the puck[4] and willingly engage in fights when they feel it's required

Wilson has not quite been playing to his potential lately. Not sure why, but I am sure the best is yet to come.
No one has ever stated that he is a "big hitter" although he has been known to knock guys over that are trying to hit him! Power forward does not mean they run around hitting guys all game long.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Liquidfire3240

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
thanks.

you expect the same tommorrow or maybe Belak drawn in for SKost because of Orr?
Belaks dressed 3 games, gotten 0:00 ice time combined in those games.

I highly doubt it.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 03:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
Sorry, don't understand what you mean.

Suter and Weber were the defensemen, don't remember the 2 forwards back with them, but Tootoo came in very late, after the goal in fact. I think Erat was the guy that had completely let his guy go and the shot got by Rinne.

Just trying to figure out what you meant. I like a RH / LH shot from the defensemen, seems to give much more options in the 1-timer department.
I think it was Klein and Weber on at the time...

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 03:31 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post

Wilson has not quite been playing to his potential lately. Not sure why, but I am sure the best is yet to come.
No one has ever stated that he is a "big hitter" although he has been known to knock guys over that are trying to hit him! Power forward does not mean they run around hitting guys all game long.
Yeah thanks for the definition. That's how I view a power forward.

I suggested a reason why he's not playing to his potential. The league is a higher skill level and he needs to use everything he has to succeed, and he isn't. Yet.

A hit every game or two, or when the opportunities arise, instead of only once every dozen games would be called "running around hitting guys all game long"? lol (I suggested he do it more when on fourth kline as it's tough to play a skill game with stone hands linemates)

I only stated why I think Trotz isn't playing him more. I'm just suggesting it, sort of a messenger. Not my fault he hates to hit in open ice... If Trotz has never said anything to him about it than I'm probably wrong.

I've been one of the bigger Wilson homers around. I noticed he rarely hit anybody in the AHL either. Until Coach Lambert came out and said he needed to be more physical, but maybe the groin was making him cautious. Then not long after, I saw a highlight where Wilson rocked a guy, and the Ads got the puck. It sort of works. It seemed odd it took the head coach to explain it to him. Plus all the other benefits that come from tough play such as players needing to look around as they skate with the puck and not having as free rein to make plays.

If a player isn't contributing as much on the scoresheet, perhaps because they are stuck on a bad line, they have to find other ways. I guess his high skill is too valuable that he should never risk his slender frame by playing physical. I'd think it would feel embarassing for a solid guy like him to be last on the club in hits though. As if either you shy away from open ice checks or you can't anticipate the play well enough.

I'm rooting for him and think he is a good one. Last time I brought this up quite a few games back, someone posted something like "he had a hit two games ago!" lol. So maybe it touches a nerve with some fans. I am happy that he's plus four at this point in the season. I've been annoyed with his lack of ice time with the better players. And I just think if he plays a bit tougher for a couple games Trotz will love it so much he'll give him more time and better linemates.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 11-15-2010 at 04:02 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 04:28 PM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I think it was Klein and Weber on at the time...
Missed parts of the game with the kids, so I watched the highlights, but it was definitely Suter and Weber.

Old
11-15-2010, 04:35 PM
McRobbiezyg

Any idea why TOOTOO hasn't been fighting? Has he been playing well enough to take on greater responsibilities?

McRobbiezyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Yeah thanks for the definition. That's how I view a power forward.

I suggested a reason why he's not playing to his potential. The league is a higher skill level and he needs to use everything he has to succeed, and he isn't. Yet.

A hit every game or two, or when the opportunities arise, instead of only once every dozen games would be called "running around hitting guys all game long"? lol (I suggested he do it more when on fourth kline as it's tough to play a skill game with stone hands linemates)

I only stated why I think Trotz isn't playing him more. I'm just suggesting it, sort of a messenger. Not my fault he hates to hit in open ice... If Trotz has never said anything to him about it than I'm probably wrong.

I've been one of the bigger Wilson homers around. I noticed he rarely hit anybody in the AHL either. Until Coach Lambert came out and said he needed to be more physical, but maybe the groin was making him cautious. Then not long after, I saw a highlight where Wilson rocked a guy, and the Ads got the puck. It sort of works. It seemed odd it took the head coach to explain it to him. Plus all the other benefits that come from tough play such as players needing to look around as they skate with the puck and not having as free rein to make plays.

If a player isn't contributing as much on the scoresheet, perhaps because they are stuck on a bad line, they have to find other ways. I guess his high skill is too valuable that he should never risk his slender frame by playing physical. I'd think it would feel embarassing for a solid guy like him to be last on the club in hits though. As if either you shy away from open ice checks or you can't anticipate the play well enough.

I'm rooting for him and think he is a good one. Last time I brought this up quite a few games back, someone posted something like "he had a hit two games ago!" lol. So maybe it touches a nerve with some fans. I am happy that he's plus four at this point in the season. I've been annoyed with his lack of ice time with the better players. And I just think if he plays a bit tougher for a couple games Trotz will love it so much he'll give him more time and better linemates.
Point well taken. I would have to agree.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 05:31 PM
PredsChik

Is tomorrow's game going to be on center ice?

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezyg View Post
Any idea why TOOTOO hasn't been fighting? Has he been playing well enough to take on greater responsibilities?
He has become a better puck handler, he still only shoots at the goalies chest, but he's definately been trying to play better then your average fighter/goon character.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 08:53 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Managed to see the game (albeit delayed) way over here. Hornqvist looked great and glad to see us do well in the shootout. Bring on the Leafs!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote